Fairfield Union

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Fairfield Union

Post by falconbball »

Fairfield union is playing some good ball here lately, beating #1 Seed Sheridan, thinking the tough MSL schedule has been good for them. They take on Waverly Wednesday at Pickerington 5pm which is close to home for us. Good luck Falcons!

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Re: Fairfield Union

Post by Between the Lines »

falconbball wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 am Fairfield union is playing some good ball here lately, beating #1 Seed Sheridan, thinking the tough MSL schedule has been good for them. They take on Waverly Wednesday at Pickerington 5pm which is close to home for us. Good luck Falcons!
Both teams have got better towards the end of the season. I'll stick with FU in this one. I don't think anyone in SEO could beat them now.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fairfield County is a meat grinder in softball and baseball. I don’t think there’s a county south of 70, east of 23 that comes close to the level of play found in Fairfield. Granted, it is the largest county in terms of population... but it is hitters’ alley up here.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 pm Fairfield County is a meat grinder in softball and baseball. I don’t think there’s a county south of 70, east of 23 that comes close to the level of play found in Fairfield. Granted, it is the largest county in terms of population... but it is hitters’ alley up here.
We have some quality programs south of them that they should try to schedule to see how good they really are. I have to disagree that there isn't any teams that come close to their level of play at Fairfield that is sound of I-70 and East of 23. Waverly may prove that point next game coming out of the SOC II.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

There may be some very solid programs in this corner of the state, some of whom are at or above FU’s level. I wasn’t disputing that. Rather, if you look at the quality of play and competition level across a county, in both baseball and softball, I think you’d be hard-pressed to find one that is better than Fairfield County right now.

Everyone can hit the ball very well up here. Case in point, Lancaster HS is going to set the record for most team home runs in a season (59, already.) We have an incredibly talented and competitive crop of softball and baseball players across the county here, and the rising tides have lifted the boats of everyone.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Congrats to our Falcons for making it to the final 4!!!!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FU loses 1-0 to top ten in the nation Keystone. Falcons were playing with house money after their district win over Sheridan. Unbelievably proud of those girls, and for freshman Laiykn Teasley.

MSL-Buckeye and Fairfield County was no joke in softball this year.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

fantastic showing .

Return to “Softball”