Scheduling

bsee12345
Varsity

Scheduling

Post by bsee12345 »

This season saw the spring to be a little tough getting games early in the season and then went a couple week of good weather and the end of season seems to being a bit raining. All leagues do scheduling different. I have seen a move by many leagues playing the home and away games for the same teams the same week. Lets take the FAC for example; say Chillicothe will play at Greenfield on Monday and then on Wednesday playing at Chillicothe. If Monday is a rain out the reschedule will happen on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. In an 8 team league you have 7 weeks of league play-playing one league team a week and fill rest of week with non league.
I have not seen this scheduling happening in Southeast District but do know Central District and Southwest District leagues have been adopting this scheduling. I like this new form of scheduling and think it would help with rain outs when you are only dealing with one league team a week. In most instances you can keep up with getting league games played with this new format. Non League games may suffer a bit but that is usual for Baseball and Softball. Opinions?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Re: Scheduling

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I think the SOC1 uses this format for the most part. But it's more to help baseball track pitch counts and most teams baseball/softball programs ride the same bus to games.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

bsee12345 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:03 pm This season saw the spring to be a little tough getting games early in the season and then went a couple week of good weather and the end of season seems to being a bit raining. All leagues do scheduling different. I have seen a move by many leagues playing the home and away games for the same teams the same week. Lets take the FAC for example; say Chillicothe will play at Greenfield on Monday and then on Wednesday playing at Chillicothe. If Monday is a rain out the reschedule will happen on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. In an 8 team league you have 7 weeks of league play-playing one league team a week and fill rest of week with non league.
I have not seen this scheduling happening in Southeast District but do know Central District and Southwest District leagues have been adopting this scheduling. I like this new form of scheduling and think it would help with rain outs when you are only dealing with one league team a week. In most instances you can keep up with getting league games played with this new format. Non League games may suffer a bit but that is usual for Baseball and Softball. Opinions?
I think many conferences are trying to develop the same type of scheduling just for the ease of scheduling on the schools and AD. I know many schools play the same team in baseball/softball but if the baseball is home then the softball game is away. I know they don’t generally put both teams on the same bus due to requiring so much supervision. The girls track team even takes a different bus than the boys. I think it is all depending on the schools not wanting to risk issues arising on a coed bus.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

SEOhio wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:44 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:03 pm This season saw the spring to be a little tough getting games early in the season and then went a couple week of good weather and the end of season seems to being a bit raining. All leagues do scheduling different. I have seen a move by many leagues playing the home and away games for the same teams the same week. Lets take the FAC for example; say Chillicothe will play at Greenfield on Monday and then on Wednesday playing at Chillicothe. If Monday is a rain out the reschedule will happen on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. In an 8 team league you have 7 weeks of league play-playing one league team a week and fill rest of week with non league.
I think many conferences are trying to develop the same type of scheduling just for the ease of scheduling on the schools and AD. I know many schools play the same team in baseball/softball but if the baseball is home then the softball game is away. I know they don’t generally put both teams on the same bus due to requiring so much supervision. The girls track team even takes a different bus than the boys. I think it is all depending on the schools not wanting to risk issues arising on a coed bus.
I'm positive all the TVC schools bus their boys and girls teams together. It makes sense to do it that way. Why double your fuel costs? That seems like wasteful spending to me.
Coaches ride the bus as well so it's not like the kids don't have any adult supervision....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:51 pm
SEOhio wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:44 pm
I'm positive all the TVC schools bus their boys and girls teams together. It makes sense to do it that way. Why double your fuel costs? That seems like wasteful spending to me.
Coaches ride the bus as well so it's not like the kids don't have any adult supervision....
I know several schools who do not bus the teams together due to games running long and sometimes a boys field has lights where the girls don't. I guess it all comes down to the school administration decision on how to bus the teams and distance they must travel. As to the supervision issue, it all comes down to the coaches and the administration making those decisions.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

Return to “Softball”