Early next season SOC predictions

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Re: Early next season predictions.

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Kingrey,Jenkins and a Hickman. She's right in the group. All slightly ahead of Western and Easterns pitchers.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 pm East didn't show a lot at Jr High this year. But there's rumors of a Sr jumping ship and going to them to pitch.
New Boston has a girl who will take a couple years.
Green has a pitcher coming up, she handled the SOC1 teams in Jr High, got dominated by Burg, Welston and so on.

I did see the Clay Freshmen pitcher this weekend throw. I would rank her a CLOSE 5th out of the group we named. She could go anywhere in SOC1 but Clay or ND and compete for the job as a Freshman
You say the freshman from Clay could compete for the pitching job at any SOC 1 school other than Clay or ND but still rank Hera close 5th in the group? I think that statement speaks words that she is better than the others. We are seeing a lot of youth coming up through the programs who are really good. The coaches aren’t using the excuse of being young and winning most of their games with a lot of young players starting. The talent level is getting stronger at a younger age because HS coaches are working with the Little League age to build from the ground up and some girls have some raw talent. I know you mentioned the Kimbler girl coming up in your program at Green who will be your starting shortstop. I have seen her play and she just has natural talent and will definitely help improve your team. What was your record in conference play this year in SOC 1?

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

SEOhio wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:52 am
ColdHardTruth wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 pm East didn't show a lot at Jr High this year. But there's rumors of a Sr jumping ship and going to them to pitch.
New Boston has a girl who will take a couple years.
Green has a pitcher coming up, she handled the SOC1 teams in Jr High, got dominated by Burg, Welston and so on.

I did see the Clay Freshmen pitcher this weekend throw. I would rank her a CLOSE 5th out of the group we named. She could go anywhere in SOC1 but Clay or ND and compete for the job as a Freshman
You say the freshman from Clay could compete for the pitching job at any SOC 1 school other than Clay or ND but still rank Hera close 5th in the group? I think that statement speaks words that she is better than the others. We are seeing a lot of youth coming up through the programs who are really good. The coaches aren’t using the excuse of being young and winning most of their games with a lot of young players starting. The talent level is getting stronger at a younger age because HS coaches are working with the Little League age to build from the ground up and some girls have some raw talent. I know you mentioned the Kimbler girl coming up in your program at Green who will be your starting shortstop. I have seen her play and she just has natural talent and will definitely help improve your team. What was your record in conference play this year in SOC 1?
I'm saying theirs tiers in SOC1 pitching.
Schaeffer and Oliver are at the top.

Kingrey, Jenkins, and the Clay girl would be tier 2. You can't just assume someone this close is better until you see them compete against each other. But she's easily on with this group.

Tier 3 would probably be Hickman from New Boston then the Western and Eastern pitchers.

Just my opinion

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Re: Early next season SOC predictions

Post by SEOhio »

You say you can’t compare but didn’t SV and Green face off with those two pitchers? Who won those games? I know SV had the Webb girl and you like to blame your team was young but you can compare the two pitchers. I know we can’t compare the Clay Freshman coming up yet but you did say you saw her pitch over the weekend. Was that the same game your daughter pitched at for travel ball with 4 innings with multiple strikeouts? You could compare those two that way if it was since it was head to head. I would agree with you by saying the Clay girl and the ND girl are heads above the rest. How would you compare them to the girls in the SOC 1 or OVC?

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

Guess nobody wants to make any more early season predictions

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Burg

Everyone else is playing for second place.

AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

Pretty sure Notre Dame handled Green this year in Junior High.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

AIM wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:41 pm Pretty sure Notre Dame handled Green this year in Junior High.
I don’t think it is a debate that ND and Clay are going to be the top two teams for the next few years to come. They have a solid team currently and continue to have more talent coming up behind each class through the JH. SV has a lot of talent with only losing 1 senior so they are a solid 3rd for the next few years at least. Some people just want to debate whether they have a 4-5 or lower but that really doesn’t matter. If you aren’t a top contender than you aren’t competing whether you blame youth or any other number of factors. Some people like those participation trophies though because they played the games also.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I wonder what trophy your kid didn't get. You've been all over this trophy thing for a while.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Has it been about 10 years since anyone but clay or ND won it ?

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Probably unless Symmes Valley snuck one in there.
I've never once said Clay or Notre Dame aren't the teams to beat. I just also acknowledge that programs like Eastern, New Boston and Green aren't really pushovers anymore. People get stuck on one or two schools and guess what.. kids read these forums, they hear people talk and a belief is created that you have to attend these schools to succeed.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:27 pm I wonder what trophy your kid didn't get. You've been all over this trophy thing for a while.
There hasn’t been a trophy that I felt my daughters haven’t received that they deserved that they didn’t get. I have never stepped foot on a field to coach them on a team either. I work with both of them at home which is where parents should be doing in HS. They have went to the same school their entire life and grew up playing with the same girls since tee-ball. They will earn what trophies or awards they get on their hard work and dedication rather than getting nominations on a basis recommendation and water cooler talk at conference and districts. SMH

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:15 pm Probably unless Symmes Valley snuck one in there.
I've never once said Clay or Notre Dame aren't the teams to beat. I just also acknowledge that programs like Eastern, New Boston and Green aren't really pushovers anymore. People get stuck on one or two schools and guess what.. kids read these forums, they hear people talk and a belief is created that you have to attend these schools to succeed.
I guess these teams aren’t blazing the road to victory either.... Eastern was 6-7, New Boston was 6-9, and Green was 4-11. All of these had East in their conference which was a guaranteed for 2 wins. I would like to know how many times these three teams were mercy ruled this year?? I think it would tell us a lot about their strength. I believe one of Eastern’s wins was against a great SV squad and heard they was robbed of a win against Green.

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

The teams at the top of the SOC predictions can add that many of the top teams of the conference had all-state award winners on those teams. Just another quality point to why they are the top dogs of their conference in both divisions. I can't wait to see the OVC conference teams to see if those teams match up to the all-state team members. I know the quality programs in that division also had all-state team members.

sportsnation
Waterboy

Post by sportsnation »

give me clay and burg. everyone else can have the field

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

sportsnation wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:33 am give me clay and burg. everyone else can have the field
That’s a good bet... I would still not count ND and Waverly out. Both teams have good chance next year.

Return to “Softball”