What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Prime Time
All State

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time »

Responsible for what, responsible for awarding a trophy to a Coach they all voted for, no one should fill they’re entitled for anything. I Congratulate all the winners again, wow.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Prime time reminds me of this guy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Even funnier is how amazed Prime seems to be that people just might have an opinion different from hers . Like a better opinion as well .

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I can reverse it and say the same thing too. Like a opinion that doesn’t coincide with these posters.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Yes , I’m amazed that this is June 8 and still crying over who the Coach’s picked. I don’t post videos making fun of people either just because ones opinion doesn’t agree with there’s.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:35 am Wow, this says it all! Just amazing.
“WOW” is exactly what a lot of people in the area thought when they saw some of these picks

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:50 am Yes , I’m amazed that this is June 8 and still crying over who the Coach’s picked.

Did you ever consider thats the entire premise of this thread ???? They waited FOREVER to release the picks ! ( like 3 days ago ? ) and stating facts and discussing softball isn't crying . I can only assume you have never had a kid deserve an award , get totally bypassed , and for a short period of time , a week or two , took some time to get over it ? I promise you players want coaches who have their back. You dont sound willing to call a spade a spade and take up for someone who didn't get treated properly . These players are not adults quite yet , the lack of acknowledgement for their on field success can have consequences . I have said my peace . The coach of the undefeated league champ got shunned by her peers , and neither of the two most outstanding pitchers won the pitcher award . Hopefully the scrunity shown here helps them think twice before screwing it up next year . Thats my hope .

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Here’s a noble thought, as a player or Coach you have no input on who’s going to be selected for awards and the league your in, there Coach’s pick you to receive a award which you had nothing to do with. You feel good, proud, that you was thought of that highly again by your peers in the league to be awarded this. Then to come on here and read that some people doesn’t think you should have won anything and it was a screwed up vote,And even wasn’t the second best pick by there standards to even have been awarded anything. I say again Congrats to all winners and don’t let negative talk keep you from achieving bigger and better things ahead. good luck with your future and one day you can look at these awards and tell your kids. I really shouldn’t won this according to some but this was just a bump in the road and I worked hard and deserve these awards as much as anyone and who are they to say not. So next year would you be ok with trophy’s for everyone and no one gets snubbed.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Have a good summer all, see you all in August . Hocking football is next

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm Here’s a noble thought, as a player or Coach you have no input on who’s going to be selected for awards and the league your in, there Coach’s pick you to receive a award which you had nothing to do with. You feel good, proud, that you was thought of that highly again by your peers in the league to be awarded this. Then to come on here and read that some people doesn’t think you should have won anything and it was a screwed up vote,And even wasn’t the second best pick by there standards to even have been awarded anything. I say again Congrats to all winners and don’t let negative talk keep you from achieving bigger and better things ahead. good luck with your future and one day you can look at these awards and tell your kids. I really shouldn’t won this according to some but this was just a bump in the road and I worked hard and deserve these awards as much as anyone and who are they to say not. So next year would you be ok with trophy’s for everyone and no one gets snubbed.
Based on some of your comments I actually think your more of the “everyone should get a trophy” type person. I would be happy if those casting votes can at least make an argument that they are deserving. When voting on an award stop and think. Is this person I’m about to select even good enough to play on all the teams in the league. Stop and think would this pitcher be good enough to even pitch for every team in the league. Would this pitcher be the #1 pitcher for more than 3 maybe 4 teams in the league. If the answer to any of the above is no then do not pick them.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

How does a coach that doesn’t win COY for their conference win COY for their district? Does that mean their accomplishments weren’t good enough to get conference recognition but the were the best choice at the district level?

SEOhio
Freshman Team

Post by SEOhio »

JTEK wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:19 pm
Prime Time wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm Here’s a noble thought, as a player or Coach you have no input on who’s going to be selected for awards and the league your in, there Coach’s pick you to receive a award which you had nothing to do with. You feel good, proud, that you was thought of that highly again by your peers in the league to be awarded this. Then to come on here and read that some people doesn’t think you should have won anything and it was a screwed up vote,And even wasn’t the second best pick by there standards to even have been awarded anything. I say again Congrats to all winners and don’t let negative talk keep you from achieving bigger and better things ahead. good luck with your future and one day you can look at these awards and tell your kids. I really shouldn’t won this according to some but this was just a bump in the road and I worked hard and deserve these awards as much as anyone and who are they to say not. So next year would you be ok with trophy’s for everyone and no one gets snubbed.
Based on some of your comments I actually think your more of the “everyone should get a trophy” type person. I would be happy if those casting votes can at least make an argument that they are deserving. When voting on an award stop and think. Is this person I’m about to select even good enough to play on all the teams in the league. Stop and think would this pitcher be good enough to even pitch for every team in the league. Would this pitcher be the #1 pitcher for more than 3 maybe 4 teams in the league. If the answer to any of the above is no then do not pick them.
There are a lot people today who are the participation trophy people including a lot of coaches. The coaches who are this type are the ones who will never win a championship. They just think of excuses of why they should still get a trophy even though they were mercy ruled by the top teams. They are teaching their players through their coaching and making the problem worse year after year. The only argument they give is that “my kid” or player on my team derseves to get an award too. I agree that they should be good enough to play on every team in the league and often that isn’t the case. The conference awards were just picked by the coach and the district award were given to 4 on each team. Now I know they were ranked by the teams and Honorable Mention but still a lot were just a nice pat that you showed up for every game. The All-Ohio team is really the one to be proud of but many would argue that not enough made it but they are some of the best in our region.

"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"
Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Apparently some people are misunderstanding my point. I have never said that any of the players didn't deserve their awards. I never said that any kid deserved something instead another. I was speaking for the ones who put in the work, put up the numbers, and was still left out for whatever reason. It's really discouraging for those kids. I'm done with this topic. On to travel ball :)

Return to “Softball”