What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:42 pm

So the real comments are coming out. Wheelersburg should have all 9 players on first or second teams and rest of SOC gets what’s left over that’s my belief in reading these comments. Wow I think it’s called the SOC awards maybe not the Wheelersburg awards. Anyone else agree but anyways that’s how it came across to me. Good luck to all



Softballdad
Riding the Bench
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Softballdad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:48 pm

No it should just be the best players in THE SOC. Team shouldn't matter or how many from a team or if a team has no one. It's always been that way so it is what it is. But... I guarantee you there are kids that make all SOC that wouldn't start for some teams in the league

ManitouDan2
All State
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Prime Time wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:42 pm
So the real comments are coming out. Wheelersburg should have all 9 players on first or second teams and rest of SOC gets what’s left over that’s my belief in reading these comments. Wow I think it’s called the SOC awards maybe not the Wheelersburg awards. Anyone else agree but anyways that’s how it came across to me. Good luck to all
You post is so far off base its hard to even take seriously . This thread mainly discussed Pitcher of the year and Coach of the year . And no where . NO WHERE does anyone suggest all 9 Burg starters should be honored with anything . As a matter fact very very few posters even named any Burg player . So if you would like to add FACTS to your argument that the way things were done and the choice of player and coach then please do so . But I dont mean " give it player A because they are a senior and tried really hard " Unless thats what you believe . Throwing every inning means diddly squat if you dont win . It only mean your team didn't have another pitcher .
Some stats cant be fudged or bent . Its fact Burgs two pitchers dominated the league . Its fact they had the lowest ERA's , Its fact they went undefeated , its fact they would be the number one starter on every team in the SOC except possibly Waverly . So is there really a question about who had the best on field performance ? Should a team be penalized for being good ? FWIW I have ZERO connections to anyone at Burg . I do care about kids passed over for stuff they deserve . And you should too .
Last edited by ManitouDan2 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan2
All State
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:27 pm

As for coach award -- The PDT wrapped that up rather nicely .

ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by ColdHardTruth » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:40 pm

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 pm
Prime Time wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:42 pm
So the real comments are coming out. Wheelersburg should have all 9 players on first or second teams and rest of SOC gets what’s left over that’s my belief in reading these comments. Wow I think it’s called the SOC awards maybe not the Wheelersburg awards. Anyone else agree but anyways that’s how it came across to me. Good luck to all
You post is so far off base its hard to even take seriously . This thread mainly discussed Pitcher of the year and Coach of the year . And no where . NO WHERE does anyone suggest all 9 Burg starters should be honored with anything . As a matter fact very very few posters even named any Burg player . So if you would like to add FACTS to your argument that the way things were done and the choice of player and coach then please do so . But I dont mean " give it player A because they are a senior and tried really hard " Unless thats what you believe . Throwing every inning means diddly squat if you dont win . It only mean your team didn't have another pitcher .
Some stats cant be fudged or bent . Its fact Burgs two pitchers dominated the league . Its fact they had the lowest ERA's , Its fact they went undefeated , its fact they would be the number one starter on every team in the SOC except possibly Waverly . So is there really a question about who had the best on field performance ? Should a team be penalized for being good ? FWIW I have ZERO connections to anyone at Burg . I do care about kids passed over for stuff they deserve . And you should too .
ERA isn't everything. The fact that both pitchers had great numbers should be a testament of the Burg defense and coaching almost as much as it is the pitchers.
I can easily see why both awards were given to who they were given to.
Some of you all have biases for teams. I've been in this board for YEARS and seen it. And it's perfectly ok, heck i have my own. But it's amazing why there can't be any other explanation for why Burg didn't get an award other than a "screwjob". It really takes away from all these awards don't matter arguments to turn around and see the same people saying Burg got screwed.

ManitouDan2
All State
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:05 pm

I’m no Burg homer , just want to see the players who did the most bestest ( Little Caesar’s ? ) get the awards . No conspiracy , nothing of the sort . Carry on

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 pm

The only facts that matter in the end has been published in the newspapers, those are facts, opinions are a dime a dozen.

fbnut
S
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by fbnut » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 pm

ColdHardTruth wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:40 pm
ManitouDan2 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 pm
Prime Time wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:42 pm
So the real comments are coming out. Wheelersburg should have all 9 players on first or second teams and rest of SOC gets what’s left over that’s my belief in reading these comments. Wow I think it’s called the SOC awards maybe not the Wheelersburg awards. Anyone else agree but anyways that’s how it came across to me. Good luck to all
You post is so far off base its hard to even take seriously . This thread mainly discussed Pitcher of the year and Coach of the year . And no where . NO WHERE does anyone suggest all 9 Burg starters should be honored with anything . As a matter fact very very few posters even named any Burg player . So if you would like to add FACTS to your argument that the way things were done and the choice of player and coach then please do so . But I dont mean " give it player A because they are a senior and tried really hard " Unless thats what you believe . Throwing every inning means diddly squat if you dont win . It only mean your team didn't have another pitcher .
Some stats cant be fudged or bent . Its fact Burgs two pitchers dominated the league . Its fact they had the lowest ERA's , Its fact they went undefeated , its fact they would be the number one starter on every team in the SOC except possibly Waverly . So is there really a question about who had the best on field performance ? Should a team be penalized for being good ? FWIW I have ZERO connections to anyone at Burg . I do care about kids passed over for stuff they deserve . And you should too .
ERA isn't everything. The fact that both pitchers had great numbers should be a testament of the Burg defense and coaching almost as much as it is the pitchers.
I can easily see why both awards were given to who they were given to.
Some of you all have biases for teams. I've been in this board for YEARS and seen it. And it's perfectly ok, heck i have my own. But it's amazing why there can't be any other explanation for why Burg didn't get an award other than a "screwjob". It really takes away from all these awards don't matter arguments to turn around and see the same people saying Burg got screwed.
When selecting Pitcher of the Year I would think ERA, wins and losses would be near the top of things to consider. Last time I checked errors don’t count against your ERA.

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 pm

But it sure does affect the wins or losses by a pitcher. So you can’t always go on the win loss aspect of a pitcher

fbnut
S
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by fbnut » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Prime Time wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 pm
But it sure does affect the wins or losses by a pitcher. So you can’t always go on the win loss aspect of a pitcher
I was responding to someone else who said “ERA isn’t everything”. When selecting Pitcher of year it is pretty high on list of things to consider. If this was even close not sure you would have this kind of conversation. I have no problem with the player of the year. Would not have been my pick but I certainly understand how someone would choose her. She would have been on everyone’s top 2-3 players in SOC. The pitcher of year is just kind of a head scratcher. You could eliminate the burg ladies and I’m still not sure the winner is in the conversation.

SEOhio
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by SEOhio » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Prime Time wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 pm
The only facts that matter in the end has been published in the newspapers, those are facts, opinions are a dime a dozen.
I still think it should be public information about how each coach voted for the POY and COY. It is easy to hide at the water cooler to discuss the voting and then vote when nobody is watching over it. I feel the Ironton Tribune and the Portsmouth Daily Times should request that information be made available for publishing. I agree the fact is that those girls and coaches ultimately won on this broken system and should be congratulated for a great season. All in all, these conference awards are just wall hangers in their home which will have no bearing on their college. Heck, the coaches actually pick who they want from their team on the conference awards and don't have to answer to anyone else. I see several that shouldn't be on the list unless they just had bad games against my daughter's team. I know coaches have a tough job and that is why I am not a coach along with having a coach who has no ties to the HS team is the best. The All-state teams are the ones and you can see truly who the best athletes are in the Southeast by looking at that list.
"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

Browns30
Freshman Team
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Browns30 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pm

By looking at the all state list you can see who some of the best athletes are but honestly I know of a lot of players not on that list that are a lot better than some that are on there. Some of those girls not making that list are committed to D1 power 5 conference schools. But they didn't make it? Some not even first team in their district.

SEOhio
Freshman Team
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by SEOhio » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Browns30 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pm
By looking at the all state list you can see who some of the best athletes are but honestly I know of a lot of players not on that list that are a lot better than some that are on there. Some of those girls not making that list are committed to D1 power 5 conference schools. But they didn't make it? Some not even first team in their district.
According to a local coach who posts on here all the time, the coach can nominate up to 4 players on their team for districts. It may be an issue with the coach not getting their list in. There are girls on the district team who didn’t make their conference team either. I think the all-state list is fairly accurate but there are always exceptions. At least it isn’t the team’s coach solely making the decisions.
"If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all"

rxburgfan
All State
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by rxburgfan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:22 pm

The coaches voted and they are responsible. I’m not even sure how you accept COY award when it belonged to Burg coach. By accepting it you diminish the award and then it means nothing in the long run. It become arbitrary hand out.

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:35 am

Wow, this says it all! Just amazing.

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:38 am

Responsible for what, responsible for awarding a trophy to a Coach they all voted for, no one should fill they’re entitled for anything. I Congratulate all the winners again, wow.

ManitouDan2
All State
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by ManitouDan2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 am

Prime time reminds me of this guy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ

ManitouDan2
All State
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by ManitouDan2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 am

Even funnier is how amazed Prime seems to be that people just might have an opinion different from hers . Like a better opinion as well .

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 am

I can reverse it and say the same thing too. Like a opinion that doesn’t coincide with these posters.

Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: What’s the holdup on releasing the SOC all conference teams ?

Post by Prime Time » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:50 am

Yes , I’m amazed that this is June 8 and still crying over who the Coach’s picked. I don’t post videos making fun of people either just because ones opinion doesn’t agree with there’s.

Post Reply