2019 SOC 2

mglight88
SE

Re: 2019 SOC 2

Post by mglight88 »

Another great game was displayed tonight in Minford. Both the Falcons and the Pirates both defensively and offensively played toe to toe with each other making both schools fans sit on the edge of their seats. Wheelersburg broke into the scoring column in the top of the 5th inning (1-0), but the Lady Falcons answered with a run of their own in the bottom half of the inning to tie the score (1-1). However, the Pirates retook the lead (2-1) on a blast by Addi Collins after Minford defensively made a nice double play. I'm sure tomorrow night in Wheelersburg should be another great game to watch.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Sounds like a great game , Minford almost got them 1-2 years at Minford but struggled in the return trip to Burg . Wish I was off work to go see this game .

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

It was a high level softball game. Minford used every tool in their arsenal to keep it in check and executed it well. Looking forward to the game tonight.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg_10 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 am It was a high level softball game. Minford used every tool in their arsenal to keep it in check and executed it well. Looking forward to the game tonight.
Worked to keep it close but 6-3 it ended. Tough to beat the burg. And playing back to back nights tough on the under dog.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Backup now. Your not saying that Minford is the underdog. But I guess every team the Burg plays is the underdog then. Minford played if not even but better than the Pirates, just doesn't take away from the fact that Minford is the second best team that Wheelersburg has on their schedule. It was a great game between these two schools like in the 1st meeting. Maybe their might be a 3rd meeting on the horizon in the districts. It only takes one inning of play to turn the game around and that's what happened. It was a pretty good move by their scoreboard to stop working though when Minford took the lead and that has not been the first time to occur. Hats off to Wheelersburg and my Lady Falcons on a great game to watch.

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

You really think the scoreboard was purposely manipulated with when Minford took the lead...what does that have to do with anything? Did it miraculously come back on when Burg took the lead?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

mglight88 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:31 pm Backup now. Your not saying that Minford is the underdog. But I guess every team the Burg plays is the underdog then. Minford played if not even but better than the Pirates, just doesn't take away from the fact that Minford is the second best team that Wheelersburg has on their schedule. It was a great game between these two schools like in the 1st meeting. Maybe their might be a 3rd meeting on the horizon in the districts. It only takes one inning of play to turn the game around and that's what happened. It was a pretty good move by their scoreboard to stop working though when Minford took the lead and that has not been the first time to occur. Hats off to Wheelersburg and my Lady Falcons on a great game to watch.
Gee whiz. You really can't be serious about the scoreboard.

Minford was the underdog. They just lost the previous game to burg, automatically that puts them as the underdog going into the next game at burg. Guess what, they will be the underdog next game if they meet up in playoffs. I hope they do. Sounds like it will be a great game again.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

mglight88 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:31 pm Backup now. Your not saying that Minford is the underdog. But I guess every team the Burg plays is the underdog then. Minford played if not even but better than the Pirates, just doesn't take away from the fact that Minford is the second best team that Wheelersburg has on their schedule. It was a great game between these two schools like in the 1st meeting. Maybe their might be a 3rd meeting on the horizon in the districts. It only takes one inning of play to turn the game around and that's what happened. It was a pretty good move by their scoreboard to stop working though when Minford took the lead and that has not been the first time to occur. Hats off to Wheelersburg and my Lady Falcons on a great game to watch.

Now that’s funny what does a scoreboard malfunction have anything to do with a softball game? Wheelersburg better call ahead if they play Minford again and ask that the scoreboard malfunction because if not they can’t play with Minford apparently. I love how it’s always some crazy reason as to why Wheelersburg has success. Minford got beat last night because Wheelersburg was the better team.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Yeah i got a good laugh about the scoreboard . Like someone unplugged it . Maybe it was the radio crew relaying signs again ? ( JK !! )

FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Post by FanofSOC52 »

Wow, I can't believe someone would stoop to a level to blame the scoreboard for a swing in the game. Just another example of teaching today's generation to give excuses of why they aren't the reason for something to happen.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Minford was the underdog for sure, that does not take away that they are a good team, because they are … What does the scoreboard have to do with anything LOL

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I just thought it was funny, is all wasn't trying to start anything. Gee wiz people, get a life. It's just a scoreboard

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

It was a good game between two good teams and there always is a winner and loser.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

mglight88 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:33 pm I just thought it was funny, is all wasn't trying to start anything. Gee wiz people, get a life. It's just a scoreboard
Obviously there was something about it that stood out to you other than it simply being funny. You wouldn’t bring it up if not. You stated in your post that this isn’t the first time this has happened. Your insinuation seems to be that Wheelersburg does this type of stuff in order to have success. People from Wheelersburg have to constantly hear fans from other schools constantly coming up with excuses or conspiracy theories as to why Wheelersburg has success or why Wheelersburg beat them. So whether you thought it was funny coincidence or not your post comes off as grasping at something to try to take away from a good win for Wheelersburg.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I think he was just a little emotional after losing a tough game , the equivalent of having a 16 point buck in your cross hairs and the gun jams or something to that effect. Minford has looked up at the Burg forever and you get that close to a huge win on their turf and the rug gets pulled out from under you , it hurts.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:22 pm I think he was just a little emotional after losing a tough game , the equivalent of having a 16 point buck in your cross hairs and the gun jams or something to that effect. Minford has looked up at the Burg forever and you get that close to a huge win on their turf and the rug gets pulled out from under you , it hurts.
Everybody wants to beat the Burg but it’s really hard to do.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

It was a great game

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

thought burg would beat everyone in the soc handily. their record is listed as 11-2 who beat them?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm thought burg would beat everyone in the soc handily. their record is listed as 11-2 who beat them?
To larger schools from WV and KY

Ligercat
Waterboy

Post by Ligercat »

Spring Valley
Woodford County

Return to “Softball”