2019 SOC 1

fbnut
SEOP

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by fbnut »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:02 am
justcreatedthis wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:28 pm so when an underdog team comes in and they beat a high seeded team it's just because of luck? or the other team just making errors? it's never about the underdog team giving a 100%, leaving their heart on the field. They're called a sub-par team? Just comes to show, never take an underdog team lightly ;)
You will find out the hard way that no one in this forum likes to give any other teams credit unless it's a select few schools. They make excuse after excuse on reasons to keep the programs down.
No wonder kids think they have to transfer to other schools to get noticed.

Hats off to Eastern on the W. It perfectly shows how a team that plays in sectional championships every year can become complacent and what happens when they run into a hungry team with nothing to lose.
Don’t know anything about the teams your talking about or how the game went but in softball if you have a quality pitcher you always have a chance. A lot of games between good teams who are pretty comparable will come down to an error, walk, base running mistake.

FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Post by FanofSOC52 »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:05 pm
ManitouDan2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:47 pm Well . If my memory is correct one school had a girl voted all state as an infielder , she was a pitcher. She didnt play an infield position . Her team finished 3rd or 4th in the conference and was run ruled at least once , maybe twice , by the team that won the league .. she was voted all state. Heck I think she got some sort of all state recognition all 4 years . Good player . Nothing at all against the player, she didnt vote . But the team never won a district , team never won the SOC , and was just a good player on a decent team.
I was unaware District voting was decided by position play? I thought it was just the best "x" amount of players period regardless of position.

Interesting.
This is part of the problem with a team having "X" amount of players because of where they finished in the league per say or by record. Most of the coaches know who are the best players per position in the league or district and it should come down to that. Maybe have a first team, second team, even third team, and an honorable mention player per position especially at the district level. Everyone can usually pick out the top 4 players who are the best at this position. I do have to apologize about saying a team is sub-par because I was referring to their record rather that their performance. Any team can have a bad night and lose a game. It hurts more when that bad night comes in the tourney and ends your season after a great run all season long such as in Clay. I didn't see this game so I am unsure what occurred. There are many things that can affect an outcome of a game and some are out of anyone's control and some are controllable. As to the league team, I agree there will be some with their feelings hurt because of someone not making the All SOC team. You have to remember that the first place team gets a certain predetermined amount of members on that team, second place gets so many, and then so forth down the line. The first place team may have more that are better but that is just how to it goes. They, the league, feels this is how they are fair to all teams which is always a hot topic. The district even allows a team to submit a certain number of players to be considered so that particular coach has a hand in both the league and district selections. I know some say it is all in the numbers but those numbers are usually scored by a parent who keeps the book for the teams which determines if a hit is score as that or an error. Heck, you even have some coaches who keeps major league stats that shouldn't even be worrying about at the HS level. I know teams like to give everyone an award but team cheerleader shouldn't be one of them. LOL

FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Post by FanofSOC52 »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:02 am
justcreatedthis wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:28 pm so when an underdog team comes in and they beat a high seeded team it's just because of luck? or the other team just making errors? it's never about the underdog team giving a 100%, leaving their heart on the field. They're called a sub-par team? Just comes to show, never take an underdog team lightly ;)
You will find out the hard way that no one in this forum likes to give any other teams credit unless it's a select few schools. They make excuse after excuse on reasons to keep the programs down.
No wonder kids think they have to transfer to other schools to get noticed.

Hats off to Eastern on the W. It perfectly shows how a team that plays in sectional championships every year can become complacent and what happens when they run into a hungry team with nothing to lose.
Kids transfer to highly successful programs because they want to win. They understand that they will have to work for a position because there is competition for each position from day 1. As in football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, or any other competitive sport, the highly successful programs each and every year are ones who play their best at every position no matter what. You talk about others bashing kids then you make a comment or cry about other teams not getting credit other than a select few schools. You are doing just what you say others are doing because they aren't worrying about bringing any program down. They want successful programs in the area so they don't have to travel to other places to find teams who will prepare them for tourney time and not play teams who only won a handful games all season which doesn't help a program in the long run.

BrianOGF
Waterboy

Post by BrianOGF »

We have the better athletes, we just got to focus 😈

BrianOGF
Waterboy

Post by BrianOGF »

It’s Brian here, not going to say much but I’m done this season.

FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Post by FanofSOC52 »

BrianOGF wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 pm It’s Brian here, not going to say much but I’m done this season.
We would like to hear your thoughts Mr. Brian OGF... Why are you done with this season?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Need Scores for Eastern v Sciotville (both games), Missing a Symmes Valley v Western game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Softball”