2019 SOC 1

ManitouDan2
All State

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by ManitouDan2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Guy said he isnt a coach , what proof do you have he is ? I couldnt even name the staff at Green HS , so I'm not personally taking up for anyone , its just bad to try to out someone , and against SEOP rules . Just a bad idea in general . The weird thing is , best I recall, coldhardtruth has been nothing but positive , why complain ?

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Just an FYI for all the "open fields" starting to take place around the area from the OHSAA:

Open Fields/Open Gyms
Any sport can conduct an “Open Gym/Facility” outside the season AND outside the No-Contact Period. But it must be remembered that
the ONLY THING THAT CAN BE DONE in an Open Field/Open Gym is unstructured free play of players playing the game of softball.
Think about that – that means no hitting ground balls to players, no hitting in the cage, etc. Just a pick up game of softball or simple
throwing. Shocked by that? Many are but that is the definition of an Open Field – or an Open Gym (seems quite limiting in a gym)
The Individual Instruction Regulation was created for the other things. And….it works perfectly for that. Occasionally I hear coaches
wanting to invent their own rules about Open Gyms to make it fit their needs. But, it is pretty simple - Unstructured free play. Pretty
simple.

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:25 pm

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm
Guy said he isnt a coach , what proof do you have he is ? I couldnt even name the staff at Green HS , so I'm not personally taking up for anyone , its just bad to try to out someone , and against SEOP rules . Just a bad idea in general . The weird thing is , best I recall, coldhardtruth has been nothing but positive , why complain ?
I was calling anyone out in particular nor am I a parent who is mad about anything. I am a parent who sits in the stands and watches my kid play like all parents should be at this age level. I do read a lot of forums on SEOP and find it interesting to read different people's posting especially when you can click on the right side to read every post they have ever posted on here. There is proof in the pudding sometimes can be found and read in black and white.

BobcatBall
Riding the Bench

Post by BobcatBall » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:26 am

I got a text saying "check out preps"
Wow is this really a thing? Thought i clicked on Topix

ManitouDan2
All State

Post by ManitouDan2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:48 am

State the facts is certainly trying to cause problems . unless she has something real and solid to say she needs to just shut up . Obviously created a new or second account here in an attempt to slander Green and its staff . Leave them be and get on with your life . You are going to end up hurting your own kid , which I'm certain must be a player at Green .

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:48 am
State the facts is certainly trying to cause problems . unless she has something real and solid to say she needs to just shut up . Obviously created a new or second account here in an attempt to slander Green and its staff . Leave them be and get on with your life . You are going to end up hurting your own kid , which I'm certain must be a player at Green .
Not trying to cause any trouble and definitely have every right to debate softball issues like everyone else on this site. This is my one and only account. I am just a parent who sits in the stands or reads public forum to gather and read information about various teams. Privacy rules by OHSAA restricts coaches from releasing names and information though. J/S

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 am

I think the SOC 1 will be a two team race with ND and Clay. Both teams have a lot of talent coming back and should be a fun game to watch when they meet on the field in the spring. SV is always competitive with a coach who has been there for years but will need to find a way to fill the hole left by Webb in center along with her bat. The rest of the teams are very far behind these three teams with lots of issues. I know some will use the excuse of "being young" but it is an ongoing internal problems of not playing their best on the field in each of the position and batting order. Programs are only good as the team that is put on the field and not have personal agenda of certain kids getting to play where they want. A coach has to be able to find the best and not view the game with blinders on. This shouldn't be happening at the HS and above and they should be in the stands with the other parents. J/S

ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team

Post by ColdHardTruth » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm

StateTheFacts wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 am
I think the SOC 1 will be a two team race with ND and Clay. Both teams have a lot of talent coming back and should be a fun game to watch when they meet on the field in the spring. SV is always competitive with a coach who has been there for years but will need to find a way to fill the hole left by Webb in center along with her bat. The rest of the teams are very far behind these three teams with lots of issues. I know some will use the excuse of "being young" but it is an ongoing internal problems of not playing their best on the field in each of the position and batting order. Programs are only good as the team that is put on the field and not have personal agenda of certain kids getting to play where they want. A coach has to be able to find the best and not view the game with blinders on. This shouldn't be happening at the HS and above and they should be in the stands with the other parents. J/S
Def an upset parent
Very accurate of ND, Clay and SV this year :)

Weve had this discussion before about parents coaching their own kids at the highschool level. Since you're new to the forum maybe you should ready back through our old debates. But, we can give you a rundown.

Clay
Symmes Valley
Notre Dame
Green
Western
St Joe
South Webster

Have all used parents in the last few years or will be using parents as their head coach in the near future. There's many more too, those are just the ones off the top of my head. Look at other sports like basketball, volleyball and its just as many if now more.
Its more of a smaller school issue it seems.

In a perfect world NO parent would Coach their kid at the high school level I believe. And I believe most parents wouldn't want to if there was a better option. Either let some Teacher do it with no experience and just wants the $ or have a parent step in. Ill take up for the coaches who coach their own kids though on this. No matter what their kid does its never going to be enough usually. Their kid can have the highest batting average, best fielding percentage, best ERA and be easily one of the best players on the field but there's always going to be someone who is jealous and cries special treatment.

Im done with my comments.. and I supposed to end this thing with the "J/S" :lol:

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 am

ColdHardTruth wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm
StateTheFacts wrote:
Def an upset parent

Weve had this discussion before about parents coaching their own kids at the highschool level. Since you're new to the forum maybe you should ready back through our old debates. But, we can give you a rundown.

Clay
Symmes Valley
Notre Dame
Green
Western
St Joe
South Webster

Have all used parents in the last few years or will be using parents as their head coach in the near future. There's many more too, those are just the ones off the top of my head. Look at other sports like basketball, volleyball and its just as many if now more.

In a perfect world NO parent would Coach their kid at the high school level I believe. And I believe most parents wouldn't want to if there was a better option. Either let some Teacher do it with no experience and just wants the $ or have a parent step in. Ill take up for the coaches who coach their own kids though on this. No matter what their kid does its never going to be enough usually. Their kid can have the highest batting average, best fielding percentage, best ERA and be easily one of the best players on the field but there's always going to be someone who is jealous and cries special treatment.

Im done with my comments.. and I supposed to end this thing with the "J/S" :lol:
I am definitely not an upset parent but just one who like a lot of people knows a lot of things that are occurring that could be improved. I think the whole coaches issue can be solved even at the smaller schools if the jobs get posted clearly for people to apply for. There are a lot of coaching jobs just given to people once it is posted at the schools and no employees want it. As to if there is better options than parents, I would say there are always other options. I know dads who are coaching with personal agendas. They are achieving subpar records and give excuses such as being young. If they would just coach without the rose colored glasses on and play the best at every position without the influence of who you are or playing friends then you would achieve a much better success rate. As to stating that a teacher just does it for the $$$, that is a wrong statement by you. There are a lot of teachers who take the coaching jobs to ensure teams are playing kids fairly without bias. I find it funny that you says that a coach's kid will never do enough but then they win the conference awards or team awards just because of it is their dad who is picking, voting, and doing the stats that you are basing your judgement on. Just check out the other tread "Top 10 players in SE Ohio" that tackles the issue about the SOC1 conference awards and everyone can learn about what is occurring with the favoritism. I know you are already aware of it but readers can become better aware of the situation.

BTW why are you keeping best fielding percentage anyhow, does your kid play in the MLB or what? J/S

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:58 am

We don't only see these issues with parent coaches. Over the years, I have see more favoritism by coaches who don't have kids on the team. You would think that a coaches favorite players would be those who are the best players that are the most committed and work the hardest at that sport but that isn't always the case. You don't have to be a parent coach to coach with rose colored glasses on and not play the best at every position. It's too much worry of hurting feelings anymore so you set a kid up to fail because they want to play infield? Most parent coaches I know want to win, so a lot of times they will put more work into the team and are a lot of times more knowledgeable due to being around travel ball and hitting or pitching lessons for years. That's why I have no issue with parent coaches.

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 am

Browns30 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:58 am
We don't only see these issues with parent coaches. Over the years, I have see more favoritism by coaches who don't have kids on the team. You would think that a coaches favorite players would be those who are the best players that are the most committed and work the hardest at that sport but that isn't always the case. You don't have to be a parent coach to coach with rose colored glasses on and not play the best at every position. It's too much worry of hurting feelings anymore so you set a kid up to fail because they want to play infield? Most parent coaches I know want to win, so a lot of times they will put more work into the team and are a lot of times more knowledgeable due to being around travel ball and hitting or pitching lessons for years. That's why I have no issue with parent coaches.
I completely agree with the favoritism argument. If a coach really wants to win, he/she will put their best players on the field at the best position. I was only commenting on what experience I have had. It is really frustrating seeing adults talk about striving to win only to teach the kids to use excuses of them being cheated or being young and it is clear a lot of the problem is the leadership. The players have difficulty respecting the leadership when they know the kid playing 3rd base is the coach's kid and that is the only reason she is playing there. You even have coach's starting or volunteering to coach travel ball teams to ensure their kid plays.

ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team

Post by ColdHardTruth » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm

StateTheFacts wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 am
ColdHardTruth wrote:
StateTheFacts wrote:
Def an upset parent

Clay
Symmes Valley
Notre Dame
Green
Western
St Joe
South Webster

I am definitely not an upset parent but just one who like a lot of people knows a lot of things that are occurring that could be improved. I think the whole coaches issue can be solved even at the smaller schools if the jobs get posted clearly for people to apply for. There are a lot of coaching jobs just given to people once it is posted at the schools and no employees want it. As to if there is better options than parents, I would say there are always other options. I know dads who are coaching with personal agendas. They are achieving subpar records and give excuses such as being young. If they would just coach without the rose colored glasses on and play the best at every position without the influence of who you are or playing friends then you would achieve a much better success rate. As to stating that a teacher just does it for the $$$, that is a wrong statement by you. There are a lot of teachers who take the coaching jobs to ensure teams are playing kids fairly without bias. I find it funny that you says that a coach's kid will never do enough but then they win the conference awards or team awards just because of it is their dad who is picking, voting, and doing the stats that you are basing your judgement on. Just check out the other tread "Top 10 players in SE Ohio" that tackles the issue about the SOC1 conference awards and everyone can learn about what is occurring with the favoritism. I know you are already aware of it but readers can become better aware of the situation.

BTW why are you keeping best fielding percentage anyhow, does your kid play in the MLB or what? J/S
I think every coac tracks errors and fielding percentages. And a lot if teams have started using apps like GameChanger that do it and keep stats for everyone to see. I'm a big believer in stats. Because we can cry "she plays 3rd because of this or that" and you're right people always have agendas but at the end of the day the numbers don't lie.
I don't mind a coach who is only a year or two in talking about being young because they are actuality building. But a coach who is multi seasons in using that excuse isn't the same. They should have had their program built up so that "young" doesn't happen.

The argument can go back and forth all day about parent vs non parent coach. They both have their pros, the both have their cons. I have my own personal pet peeves about some of the hiring practices with coaches around here but i won't drag into them.

As long as a program is moving forward is the important thing and I think despite who the coach is almost every program in this area is moving forward. When you hear about small schools already having big numbers showing up to non mandatory winter workouts that's exciting if your a softball fan.

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am

ColdHardTruth wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm
StateTheFacts wrote:
ColdHardTruth wrote:

Def an upset parent

Clay
Symmes Valley
Notre Dame
Green
Western
St Joe
South Webster

I think every coac tracks errors and fielding percentages. And a lot if teams have started using apps like GameChanger that do it and keep stats for everyone to see. I'm a big believer in stats. Because we can cry "she plays 3rd because of this or that" and you're right people always have agendas but at the end of the day the numbers don't lie.
I don't mind a coach who is only a year or two in talking about being young because they are actuality building. But a coach who is multi seasons in using that excuse isn't the same. They should have had their program built up so that "young" doesn't happen.

The argument can go back and forth all day about parent vs non parent coach. They both have their pros, the both have their cons. I have my own personal pet peeves about some of the hiring practices with coaches around here but i won't drag into them.

As long as a program is moving forward is the important thing and I think despite who the coach is almost every program in this area is moving forward. When you hear about small schools already having big numbers showing up to non mandatory winter workouts that's exciting if your a softball fan.
I completely understand that coaches track errors but I am not sure they actually do fielding percentages. I can not say for a fact so I would have to leave it up to you to educate us since you have more information about that. I do have to disagree about the numbers lying because numbers and stats have been skewed by the coach/dad scoring the play. The Gamechanger app adds clarity when it is being scored as the game happens so everyone can see it. It has been my experience that it is done after the game by just looking at the book and entering the data along with recalling what they try to remember. I would think you would want to be a big believer in getting a "W" for the team rather than worrying about how your kid is doing with stats. The fact that you use excuses to why you have sub-par records is just teaching the kids to use excuses of why you are aren't winning. We see programs winning that are starting freshman and sophomores with a lot of success. I know we don't want to hurt feelings by telling them that they just have to work harder to get better but needs to occur. We all have our pet peeves along hiring practices in every place of employment. I know it bothers me that people just do things with their own personal agendas. I know we had some coaches that just took a junior high job when they had connections with the team and now moved on to HS. I bet "they" won't be there once their connections move on from their either to the programs they proclaim they are building. I would agree that programs who play their best are moving forward in this area. It is nice to see teams having a larger team of players coming out and nicer facilities being for teams. It is great if you are having larger number of players for the "non-mandatory" practices but are they really "non-mandatory" if you have to approve an excuse for missing? I believe OHSAA has strict rules about these open-field workouts and you may want to revisit those regulations. There are only certain things you are allowed to do during this time. J/S

ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team

Post by ColdHardTruth » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Definitely an upset parent lol
Maybe you should actually talk to your coach instead about them on the Internet "J/S"

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:51 am

ColdHardTruth wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:41 pm
Maybe you should actually talk to your coach instead about them on the Internet "J/S"
Definitely not an upset parent.... just would like to see some programs grow instead of achieving personal agenda goals. It is pointless to talk to the coaches because they don't want to hear the truth. All we get are excuses similar to what you require for your "non-mandatory" open fields-gyms.

ManitouDan2
All State

Post by ManitouDan2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 am

A word to you statethefacts .. I'm been around the game forever , I fought more battles here over softball and my kid, than I ever should have participated in . Just drop it . Lose your password , do whatever it takes , you are going to hurt the one you are trying to protect . Might not be fair , but hey neither is life. This badgering of whoever this other poster is , isnt going to end well for your kid . Let it go , unless you want to go to the board and you really have a grievance just let it go .. and Merry Christmas to you . If you didnt have a kid playing or a vested interest you woldnt give two hoots what the folks at Green are doing . Your " not an upset parent" doesnt make any sense .

PeaceKeeper
Waterboy

Post by PeaceKeeper » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 pm

StateTheFacts wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:51 am
ColdHardTruth wrote:
Definitely not an upset parent.... just would like to see some programs grow instead of achieving personal agenda goals. It is pointless to talk to the coaches because they don't want to hear the truth. All we get are excuses similar to what you require for your "non-mandatory" open fields-gyms.
CERTAINLY an upset parent! No one talks this much trash without being an upset parent. Maybe you could move your discussion to Topix and just start naming people. Why don't you speak to the coaches in question instead of putting them on blast online? It's much easier. Parents who only show up to a handful of games and think they have all the answers are a dime a dozen.

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:26 am

ManitouDan2 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 am
A word to you statethefacts .. I'm been around the game forever , I fought more battles here over softball and my kid, than I ever should have participated in . Just drop it . Lose your password , do whatever it takes , you are going to hurt the one you are trying to protect . Might not be fair , but hey neither is life. This badgering of whoever this other poster is , isnt going to end well for your kid . Let it go , unless you want to go to the board and you really have a grievance just let it go .. and Merry Christmas to you . If you didnt have a kid playing or a vested interest you woldnt give two hoots what the folks at Green are doing . Your " not an upset parent" doesnt make any sense .
Yeah, once I think about it then I realize that I am going about this in the wrong way. I definitely don't plan to drop but plan to continue to gather things. I totally agree that life isn't fair but in the end we all have to play by values and rules set before us. I hope you also have a Merry Christmas and looking forward to the new year.

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:28 am

PeaceKeeper wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 pm
StateTheFacts wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:51 am
ColdHardTruth wrote:
CERTAINLY an upset parent! No one talks this much trash without being an upset parent. Maybe you could move your discussion to Topix and just start naming people. Why don't you speak to the coaches in question instead of putting them on blast online? It's much easier. Parents who only show up to a handful of games and think they have all the answers are a dime a dozen.
Once again, we have someone who likes to judge others! I show up to every game and sit in the stands like every parent at this age level should be doing. We do all have our opinions and they are a dime a dozen in some cases. There are some though that hold the truth and are worthy of the cause.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 am

So you just admitted in the above post what you have been stating you were not...an upset parent. You said, "I show up to every game and sit in the stands like every parent". Which means you are a parent and based on previous post you are obviously upset. Which means you are an upset parent. Which is not a derogatory term. There are a lot of parents upset about different things. The difference between them is how they react.

Doesn't matter that you are voicing your issues in a forum or in the stands. Its all the same. Just as ManitouDan somewhat stated, its only going to make it hard on your daughter. The coach is obviously going to know who you are and I am sure that other parents are also.

Issues you have with the Coach or the program should be addressed with the coach. If your not satisfied with the response you get from the coach contact the Athletic Director. Not satisfied with the AD's response continue going up the chain. If nothing is done then the problem is only in your eyes or the school district doesn't care.

Nothing good comes from voicing these type of issues you have while you are in the stands, at a bbq, or on a public forum.

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:25 am

SOSoftball wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 am
So you just admitted in the above post what you have been stating you were not...an upset parent. You said, "I show up to every game and sit in the stands like every parent". Which means you are a parent and based on previous post you are obviously upset. Which means you are an upset parent. Which is not a derogatory term. There are a lot of parents upset about different things. The difference between them is how they react.

Doesn't matter that you are voicing your issues in a forum or in the stands. Its all the same. Just as ManitouDan somewhat stated, its only going to make it hard on your daughter. The coach is obviously going to know who you are and I am sure that other parents are also.

Issues you have with the Coach or the program should be addressed with the coach. If your not satisfied with the response you get from the coach contact the Athletic Director. Not satisfied with the AD's response continue going up the chain. If nothing is done then the problem is only in your eyes or the school district doesn't care.

Nothing good comes from voicing these type of issues you have while you are in the stands, at a bbq, or on a public forum.
At no point did I ever deny that I wasn't a parent but what I did debate was being an "upset" parent. I am just a parent who wants the best for their child and the team as a whole. All of you water cooler posters wants to judge by saying I am upset. I am not upset and I understand that life isn't fair. In my experience, talking to the coaches will no change anything because in anything that you can only see what you want to see and it will never be their fault. If they don't win then we get excuses of being young or inexperience but look we are building the program type of attitude. Sites like southernohio preps is designed to talk about numerous aspects of the sporting world so good things come with debates on this site.

ManitouDan2
All State

Post by ManitouDan2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am

I'm attempting to help you AND save your kid some heart ache . Just stop it . I'm telling ya, others are telling ya . You are hurting the one you wish to protect . To the best of my recall, in what seems like dozens of comments, you are unhappy with the batting order , players playing out of position , Dads coaching , who keeps stats , off season workouts , and maybe a few I'm forgetting . Its freaking December , RELAX . It may or not be true but you come across as trying to derail whatever progress Green is making ..so here is your Sign , in Black and white right before your eyes ... You guys are not beating ND or Clay .. at best you are going to finish 3rd in the weakest conference ( top to bottom) in SEO , so this big tantrum you are having is going to change nothing , and you look like a parent who is just flinging mud . The SOC 1 is a super small community , your identity will leak out , and your kid will actually start getting a bad shake. If its not too late already .

StateTheFacts
Riding the Bench

Post by StateTheFacts » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:21 pm

I appreciate all the help and guidance ManitouDan! We only get better by playing the right player at the right position in any sport. I agree that we are months away and hoping for the best.

BackroadHero
Waterboy

Post by BackroadHero » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:04 pm

StateTheFacts please just stop. As someone else with a kid involved I can't sit back and let you slander the program and coaches anymore. You have to be the most one sided person on the entire SEOP website.

Where to start first?
The current coaches took over a program that won one game with 10 players and no Jr High Program that year before they started one. In their first two seasons they won 9 games and 13 games. HOW IS THAT NOT IMPROVEMENT considering they haven't had a Sr on the roster in TWO YEARS!
The program looks to have around 20 girls this season I hear and a JV. When was the last time we had a JV Softball Team at Green? How is that not growth and improvement? I'll give the Coaches credit because they are the only coaches in the entire girls programs who DON'T play favorites, they truly play the best kid. That's how they are able to go out and beat Eastern and Western when Volleyball and Basketball get destroyed by them.

Oh and that coaches kid you keep running your mouth about. Have you ever talked to her? She's a great kid! You conveniently forget to mention she plays and practices year round is being recruited and gets multiple offers from travel teams ever year.

But we can't mention those things. You want to come one here and tell bold face lies and seek pitty. I commend the coaches who have been active in these boards for staying professional and not engaging your shenanigans.

You don't represent the entire Furnace. You represent a small group of butt hurt parents whose daughters got told "you're not getting the job done" and then subbed by a Coaching staff who encourages competition amongst players and that no one's job is safe.

So please, SHUT UP. You're embarrassing our program with your lies.

PeaceKeeper
Waterboy

Post by PeaceKeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:23 pm

StateTheFacts wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am
ColdHardTruth wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm
StateTheFacts wrote:

I completely understand that coaches track errors but I am not sure they actually do fielding percentages. I can not say for a fact so I would have to leave it up to you to educate us since you have more information about that. I do have to disagree about the numbers lying because numbers and stats have been skewed by the coach/dad scoring the play. The Gamechanger app adds clarity when it is being scored as the game happens so everyone can see it. It has been my experience that it is done after the game by just looking at the book and entering the data along with recalling what they try to remember. I would think you would want to be a big believer in getting a "W" for the team rather than worrying about how your kid is doing with stats. The fact that you use excuses to why you have sub-par records is just teaching the kids to use excuses of why you are aren't winning. We see programs winning that are starting freshman and sophomores with a lot of success. I know we don't want to hurt feelings by telling them that they just have to work harder to get better but needs to occur. We all have our pet peeves along hiring practices in every place of employment. I know it bothers me that people just do things with their own personal agendas. I know we had some coaches that just took a junior high job when they had connections with the team and now moved on to HS. I bet "they" won't be there once their connections move on from their either to the programs they proclaim they are building. I would agree that programs who play their best are moving forward in this area. It is nice to see teams having a larger team of players coming out and nicer facilities being for teams. It is great if you are having larger number of players for the "non-mandatory" practices but are they really "non-mandatory" if you have to approve an excuse for missing? I believe OHSAA has strict rules about these open-field workouts and you may want to revisit those regulations. There are only certain things you are allowed to do during this time. J/S
I also have kids on this team. I love all the comments from you about the coaches having personal agendas. That’s pretty funny considering every school BUT Green is steeped in Daddy Ball tradition. The Green coaches have removed their own daughters in the middle of innings when necessary. They are MUCH harder on their own kids. The line up was a living creature that was always evolving. The players were moved around to find where they best helped the team, not the individual players. The coaches don’t care about hurt feelings. They are hired to teach the girls the fundamentals of softball and win games. The girls have had a lot of fun. And considering the team won 1 game the year before they took over, I’d say they are doing a great job. As far as you mentioning them coaching junior high because of their “connections” (assuming you mean their kids), they coached junior high last year after their kids moved up. That’s right. They coached both teams. Guess what? They are doing it again this year trying to build a complete program. With none of their kids on the team. They’ve held clinics for Little League players and they’ve invested countless hours into the program. So...what would that agenda be? To have a better softball program for years to come? Well, get rid of them immediately. I’m at every game and most of the practices. Come watch the practices and watch the attitude and effort from the players. Watch how they get along and have fun. Watch how hard they work for these coaches who teach them. Watch how they respond. Watch their confidence grow as they learn and improve. Watch them celebrate when they win. Watch them play with intensity. And watch them show respect to each other and the game. And why do these ladies act this way? Because it’s the atmosphere created by...wait for it...those coaches.

One last thing. The stats are on GameChanger and were available for parents and players to see all year. I followed it and always knew what was happening. Follow it and watch the games. You’ll see it scored exactly as it happened. Have a Merry Christmas.

Return to “Softball”