2019 SOC 1

Flyer Fan 2019
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:03 am

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by Flyer Fan 2019 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Dont get the St Joe playing little league teams. With only 24 girls in the entire school we still continue to field competitive teams every year, we schedule South Point. Fairland. Manchester as well as whatever league teams that can fit us in. if uoure referring to playing Grace Christian they have a sophmore pitcher who would probably only rate behind Oliver and Schaffer in the SOC 1. While our numbers are not like some of the others we have several solid players including Malone who has played travel with Oliver the last 4 years and is solid at 3 positions and Holtzapfel is a solid left handed bat these are a good bunch of kids very well disciplined who battle every night who I dont believe deserve that criticism



ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by ColdHardTruth » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:27 am

Flyer Fan 2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:43 pm
Dont get the St Joe playing little league teams. With only 24 girls in the entire school we still continue to field competitive teams every year, we schedule South Point. Fairland. Manchester as well as whatever league teams that can fit us in. if uoure referring to playing Grace Christian they have a sophmore pitcher who would probably only rate behind Oliver and Schaffer in the SOC 1. While our numbers are not like some of the others we have several solid players including Malone who has played travel with Oliver the last 4 years and is solid at 3 positions and Holtzapfel is a solid left handed bat these are a good bunch of kids very well disciplined who battle every night who I dont believe deserve that criticism
There are some very quality players on the Flyers for sure. Ranking them just behind Oliver and Schaffer might be a stretch though.
Unfortunately until St Joe has to play the Clays and Notre Dames out there like every other SOC1 school instead of hand picking what weaker teams to play,
the criticism will probaly stay.



Flyer Fan 2019
Waterboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:03 am

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by Flyer Fan 2019 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am

Never said their pitching was behind those two was talking about the girl from a grace Christian. As far as hand picking games after talking with their AD they pretty much take what they can get without the benefit of a league. I know they played Notre Dame 2 of the last 3 years on the sectionals and were very competitive. Clay and Notre Dame have very good programs and it makes no sense for them to schedule St Joe non conference with the way the bottom two thirds of the SOC 1 are pretty much guaranteed wins for them I'm sure their coaches prefer to play teams that will push them more. Not trying to push buttons just trying to get these kids some well deserved respect



ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by ColdHardTruth » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 am

Flyer Fan 2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am
Never said their pitching was behind those two was talking about the girl from a grace Christian. As far as hand picking games after talking with their AD they pretty much take what they can get without the benefit of a league. I know they played Notre Dame 2 of the last 3 years on the sectionals and were very competitive. Clay and Notre Dame have very good programs and it makes no sense for them to schedule St Joe non conference with the way the bottom two thirds of the SOC 1 are pretty much guaranteed wins for them I'm sure their coaches prefer to play teams that will push them more. Not trying to push buttons just trying to get these kids some well deserved respect
Oh I understand ya trust me. Few other schools outside of Clay and Notre Dame in the in the SOC1 get any props. This is an SOC1 post and a good part of it was still about Burg lol



fbnut
S
Posts: 1932
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by fbnut » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:22 pm

ColdHardTruth wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 am
Flyer Fan 2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am
Never said their pitching was behind those two was talking about the girl from a grace Christian. As far as hand picking games after talking with their AD they pretty much take what they can get without the benefit of a league. I know they played Notre Dame 2 of the last 3 years on the sectionals and were very competitive. Clay and Notre Dame have very good programs and it makes no sense for them to schedule St Joe non conference with the way the bottom two thirds of the SOC 1 are pretty much guaranteed wins for them I'm sure their coaches prefer to play teams that will push them more. Not trying to push buttons just trying to get these kids some well deserved respect
Oh I understand ya trust me. Few other schools outside of Clay and Notre Dame in the in the SOC1 get any props. This is an SOC1 post and a good part of it was still about Burg lol
Burg was mentioned 2-3 times and not by any burg fans



ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by ColdHardTruth » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 pm

fbnut wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:22 pm
ColdHardTruth wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 am
Flyer Fan 2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am
Never said their pitching was behind those two was talking about the girl from a grace Christian. As far as hand picking games after talking with their AD they pretty much take what they can get without the benefit of a league. I know they played Notre Dame 2 of the last 3 years on the sectionals and were very competitive. Clay and Notre Dame have very good programs and it makes no sense for them to schedule St Joe non conference with the way the bottom two thirds of the SOC 1 are pretty much guaranteed wins for them I'm sure their coaches prefer to play teams that will push them more. Not trying to push buttons just trying to get these kids some well deserved respect
Oh I understand ya trust me. Few other schools outside of Clay and Notre Dame in the in the SOC1 get any props. This is an SOC1 post and a good part of it was still about Burg lol
Burg was mentioned 2-3 times and not by any burg fans
That's a good point



StateTheFacts
Waterboy
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by StateTheFacts » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:58 am

ColdHardTruth wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 am
Flyer Fan 2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am
Never said their pitching was behind those two was talking about the girl from a grace Christian. As far as hand picking games after talking with their AD they pretty much take what they can get without the benefit of a league. I know they played Notre Dame 2 of the last 3 years on the sectionals and were very competitive. Clay and Notre Dame have very good programs and it makes no sense for them to schedule St Joe non conference with the way the bottom two thirds of the SOC 1 are pretty much guaranteed wins for them I'm sure their coaches prefer to play teams that will push them more. Not trying to push buttons just trying to get these kids some well deserved respect
Oh I understand ya trust me. Few other schools outside of Clay and Notre Dame in the in the SOC1 get any props. This is an SOC1 post and a good part of it was still about Burg lol
When other teams start winning or at least having a winning record then they will get the props by the general public. The only other team in SOC1 who has been successful over the years is SV so they would have a reason to complain. As to the St. Joe poster defending his school, there are other schools who love to schedule weaker teams like Sciotoville East so they can just get wins against a possible winless team for guarantee wins. St. Joe as long as you know you are scheduling quality teams, it doesn't matter what onlookers think. You know you are making them better and not just trying to put one in the win column, because you need to beat weaker teams. Being competitive with ND in sectionals the last few years just proves both of our points. Other SOC1 teams get mercy ruled by ND and Clay every time they play.



StateTheFacts
Waterboy
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by StateTheFacts » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Who is playing tomorrow and where to open the season in SOC1?



ColdHardTruth
Freshman Team
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Re: 2019 SOC 1

Post by ColdHardTruth » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Hrmm St. Joe fan. Care to share the flyers 2018 schedule and this years also? We would love to see all these quality teams StateTheFacts says are scheduled.



Post Reply

Return to “Softball”