• POY Predictions
  • Standings

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Re: 2019 SVC

Post by se-alum »

Should be an interesting year at the top of the SVC between Huntington, Westfall, and Unioto.

Southeastern should be improved with the additions of Wheeler, Lougheed, and Lockwood. They are, however, losing a transfer to Jackson that would've been one of their better players.

For Adena, hearing varying stories on whether some Freshman will play this year.There are 4 that could make an impact if they play. I expect Adena will be mid-pack this year.

Zane Trace should be improved

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I've heard Piketon's Cam Alexander is out for the year with a shoulder injury. Anyone know if true? Terrible if true.

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

se-alum wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm I've heard Piketon's Cam Alexander is out for the year with a shoulder injury. Anyone know if true? Terrible if true.
Heard rumor also haven’t heard anything other than barbershop talk

EdAlexander
Waterboy

Post by EdAlexander »

It’s true but possibly not the entire season. We will just have to see how PT goes.

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

Hopefully pt goes well and gets back late season and playoffs
And possibly pike county tournament

EdAlexander
Waterboy

Post by EdAlexander »

I doubt she will be able to pitch and we’re just hoping she can hit. She’s 3 hits away from 100 hits in her career and 4 hr away from the school record.

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

EdAlexander wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:14 pm I doubt she will be able to pitch and we’re just hoping she can hit. She’s 3 hits away from 100 hits in her career and 4 hr away from the school record.
Dang hope everything goes well and she gets chance to hit those numbers

EdAlexander
Waterboy

Post by EdAlexander »

Kentmurphy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 pm
EdAlexander wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:14 pm I doubt she will be able to pitch and we’re just hoping she can hit. She’s 3 hits away from 100 hits in her career and 4 hr away from the school record.
Dang hope everything goes well and she gets chance to hit those numbers
Thanks our fingers are crossed!!! She still has Travel ball this summer!!

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

WF, U, H will all be good games. With Alexander out, (which I hate to see her not play) Not sure what else they have behind her, PV is rebuilding and have the Smith girls and McFadden coming back, Adena may surprise us all with a Youth movement, SE I am not sure about either. WF is always loaded it will be interesting to see who is pitching, ZT may also surprise us all. H will ride the pitcher Kellough for the next 3 seasons with a couple good players also contributing. U will be in the mix with more depth behind Hallie Pinkerton this year with a couple talented freshmen and a few other surprises I am hearing about.

POY: Let's wait and see what we have to vote on. POY should be a kid that can do more than just one skill in Softball. She must be able to HIT, Play Defense, Run bases, have a High Softball IQ, pass the eye test, be the positive team leader, and versatile.

Good luck to Cam on her PT and return to playing.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

It'll be interesting to see if Huntington has taken steps to develop a 2nd pitcher. I watched Kellough pitch late in games last year that she had no business continuing to pitch in. A lot of eggs in one basket for the Huntsmen. UHS and WF both go at least 2 deep on the mound.

The Great Pumpkin
Waterboy

Post by The Great Pumpkin »

se-alum wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 am Should be an interesting year at the top of the SVC between Huntington, Westfall, and Unioto.

Southeastern should be improved with the additions of Wheeler, Lougheed, and Lockwood. They are, however, losing a transfer to Jackson that would've been one of their better players.

For Adena, hearing varying stories on whether some Freshman will play this year.There are 4 that could make an impact if they play. I expect Adena will be mid-pack this year.

WF, Unioto and Huntington should be at the top. Alexander’s injury will really hurt Piketon. PV should be improved with some freshman that will help. ZT should be improved. Popp getting injured will hurt SE.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Great Pumpkin wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:21 pm
se-alum wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 am Should be an interesting year at the top of the SVC between Huntington, Westfall, and Unioto.

WF, Unioto and Huntington should be at the top. Alexander’s injury will really hurt Piketon. PV should be improved with some freshman that will help. ZT should be improved. Popp getting injured will hurt SE.
Recently heard Lougheed isn't playing for SE, which also hurts them. They had a chance to have a good year, but with Popp's injury, Baxter transferring, and Lougheed not playing, it doesn't look as promising.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Sounds like Adena had a good turnout for official opening day workouts. 21 girls with 7 being Freshmen.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Just a Guick follow up on southeastern also herd
Wheeler transferred out to Unioto

Tuxedo
Waterboy

Post by Tuxedo »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:05 pm Just a Guick follow up on southeastern also herd
That's 4 girls that Southeasten lost in the last year that would have started for them in softball. Wheeler and Eldridge at Unioto, Baxter at Jackson and Popp out with injury. That really hurts.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Tuxedo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 am
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:05 pm Just a Guick follow up on southeastern also herd
That's 4 girls that Southeasten lost in the last year that would have started for them in softball. Wheeler and Eldridge at Unioto, Baxter at Jackson and Popp out with injury. That really hurts.
Also, Lougheed not playing.

Heard Wheeler isn't playing softball this year? They didn't move, so she'd have to sit the 2nd half of the season.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

That’s funny
Saw her playing yesterday for Unioto
Talked to couple people at Unioto her dad moved
To school district

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

se-alum wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:50 pm
Tuxedo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 am
Also, Lougheed not playing.

Heard Wheeler isn't playing softball this year? They didn't move, so she'd have to sit the 2nd half of the season.
Wheeler has never played high school softball at Southeastern so she’d be ok to play at The U whether she moved or not. She did move, though, so she’ll be good to play volleyball and basketball next year, too.
Lougheed didn’t play softball last year so I doubt that’s even an issue. I imagine she’ll be running track like she did last year in junior high.

Buckeye Bobb
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Bobb »

Being new to the forum, I came here to get an idea of what the SVC might look like this Spring.

Will Westfall win another gold ball? Any bold predictions on a different school taking the title? Who makes a move up the standings? Clue me in...

2018 results:
Westfall
Huntington
Unioto
Piketon
Zane Trace
Adena
Paint Valley
Southeastern

Return to “Softball”