Division IV Seeding

FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Division IV Seeding

Post by FanofSOC52 »

What does the seeding look like in DIV? I know they will see the official results on Sunday but wondering what everyone's thoughts are prior to that.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Re: Division IV Seeding

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Peebles, ND, Clay all draw close to the top

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

3 really strong teams , d4 is tough this season with all three of those getting good wins over good d3's

pizzapound
Waterboy

Post by pizzapound »

Manchester will make a big tournament run great pitching and great hitting from top to bottom

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:38 pm 3 really strong teams , d4 is tough this season with all three of those getting good wins over good d3's
Yea and those three same teams are all in the West so that will be your 1-3 seeds. I could see all three seeded in the #1 seed so it will be interesting how it plays out. Both Clay and ND have multiple quality wins. Peebles schedule isn't as strong but they did get a good win over Minford this week. The #1 seed may come down to the ND/Waverly game tomorrow night. If ND wins that game I give them the edge to get the #1 seed. If they lose I could see any of the three getting the #1 seed.

In he East you have Eastern Meigs, South Webster, Symmes Valley and Waterford with winning records. Not sure any of them is going to be much trouble for the top 3 in the West.

To the other poster I am not sure Manchester makes a big run. Only 4 teams will make it to the District Finals and I would assume Clay, ND, and Peebles will be three of those four teams. Manchester will be fighting for that last spot over Eastern Meigs, South Webster, Symmes valley, Waterford and others depending on how the seeding comes out.

KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

Wow, Clay, ND, and Peebles in the same bracket. Someone will earn that trophy. Manchester is a sleeper, if their defense makes plays they will be in any game.

FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Post by FanofSOC52 »

SOSoftball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:31 pm
ManitouDan2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:38 pm 3 really strong teams , d4 is tough this season with all three of those getting good wins over good d3's
Yea and those three same teams are all in the West so that will be your 1-3 seeds. I could see all three seeded in the #1 seed so it will be interesting how it plays out. Both Clay and ND have multiple quality wins. Peebles schedule isn't as strong but they did get a good win over Minford this week. The #1 seed may come down to the ND/Waverly game tomorrow night. If ND wins that game I give them the edge to get the #1 seed. If they lose I could see any of the three getting the #1 seed.

In he East you have Eastern Meigs, South Webster, Symmes Valley and Waterford with winning records. Not sure any of them is going to be much trouble for the top 3 in the West.

To the other poster I am not sure Manchester makes a big run. Only 4 teams will make it to the District Finals and I would assume Clay, ND, and Peebles will be three of those four teams. Manchester will be fighting for that last spot over Eastern Meigs, South Webster, Symmes valley, Waterford and others depending on how the seeding comes out.
It will definitely help Symmes Valley with seeding with wins over Coal Grove, Fairland, and Eastern Meigs. Hopefully the seeding doesn't come down to a bunch of coaches getting together promoting their team and they look at quality wins and losses. I can see where the West will come down to final between Clay and ND which will be a tremendous tie-breaker since they split the series in the regular season and could be on a neutral field.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Clay and Notre dame may not match up until Regional Semis. All depends on seeding. Teams from the West will play Teams from the East during district play.

Based on the seedings two of these three teams (Clay, ND, and Peebles) will face off in the District Finals (if they make it that far). Two of the three will or should advance to the Regional Semis and face each other there. Again, that's assuming each make it that far and don't stumble a long the way.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

So many good D4 teams

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FanofSOC52
Waterboy

Post by FanofSOC52 »

Trimble may also be a sleeper in this division with only giving up 24 runs this season. They must play in a tough conference.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

From the posts, I say dont sleep on Green this year. Sounds like with there top notch defense and young players and pitching coming on, I would be scared to face them right off the bat this year. Defense wins games and underdog gives them a prime motivation to pull off a big upset.

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:56 pm From the posts, I say dont sleep on Green this year. Sounds like with there top notch defense and young players and pitching coming on, I would be scared to face them right off the bat this year. Defense wins games and underdog gives them a prime motivation to pull off a big upset.
If Green’s defense is top notch how do they have 10 losses and only 1 quality win? :?:

Return to “Softball”