OVC (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: [=== OVC (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

put that one in the rear view boys and fight on. sometimes you're the windshield. sometimes you're the bug.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

get ready to take down them blue devils. shocked to see Portsmouth lost.
the grovers must be ballin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Grove Grove is actually pretty decent ball team.....

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Saw South Point-Chesapeake game last night. Crowd was very into it and a good size crowd on both sides. Was not expecting much after watching the shellacking Peake took at Gallia. Chesapeake played well in the first half but Fox took over and lead SP for much of the second half. SP is headed in the right direction. A south Point player dunked and then flexed at a chesapeake player in the 2nd Qtr and got t'd up. Immediately got taken out and never got put back in. Wise seems like a great coach and has the program going in the right direction. Chesapeake played better ball tonight than in past games. Noticed a couple lineup changes that I never expected but the starting group played hard and the 2 freshmen battled, 2nd unit gives a better scoring punch with Mills and Stevens off the bench. As long as the fans continue to back the program then Chesapeake will be back soon. And as for South Point, they have a bright future as well with a convo trip coming.

ROLL PEAKE
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Coal Grove Hornets on the win over the Trojans.......#14 on CG nailed 6 straight FT's in the last minute to seal the game. Still early in the season, and Portsmouth will get better, but hopefully the perimeter shooting will improve. That was a strength of the Trojans going into the season, and right now they are off to a slow start. Defensively PHS has been very good, creating a good number of turnovers in the first 2 games.

GO TROJANS!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SEEMS WIERD HEARIN ABOUT THE HORNETS B -- BALLIN AT A HIGH LEVEL. GREAT FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE LEAGUE OVER ALL

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:SEEMS WIERD HEARIN ABOUT THE HORNETS B -- BALLIN AT A HIGH LEVEL. GREAT FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE LEAGUE OVER ALL

Coach Vanderhoof of CG knows his basketball and understands how to put a "Team" together and have the boys to buy into their respective roles...the OVC is shaping up to be a very good basketball league now and in the future...many teams are young grade wise. Fairland all juniors starting, RH is young, Ironton is mostly sophs and jr's. SP is young with talent, I believe Gallia started a freshman (6'11') 2 sophmores and a jr. if I'm not mistaken vs RH...and I'm sure Peake is young.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

and Portsmouth even though they lost to Grove is always a team to contend with....

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

The Dragon-Ironton game was a real shocker to me. I felt Fairland was better but not 40 pts better. 3 blocked shots early completely turned Ironton into a perimeter team which they can not be if they want to win. Coach Lafon was at a loss for words (never seen that!). Tigers should rebound though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:SEEMS WIERD HEARIN ABOUT THE HORNETS B -- BALLIN AT A HIGH LEVEL. GREAT FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE LEAGUE OVER ALL

Coach Vanderhoof of CG knows his basketball and understands how to put a "Team" together and have the boys to buy into their respective roles...the OVC is shaping up to be a very good basketball league now and in the future...many teams are young grade wise. Fairland all juniors starting, RH is young, Ironton is mostly sophs and jr's. SP is young with talent, I believe Gallia started a freshman (6'11') 2 sophmores and a jr. if I'm not mistaken vs RH...and I'm sure Peake is young.

that's awesome snoop. I think everybody was licking their chops about the basketball aspect of the ovc with the additions of ironton,portsmouth, and gahs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Firebreather wrote:The Dragon-Ironton game was a real shocker to me. I felt Fairland was better but not 40 pts better. 3 blocked shots early completely turned Ironton into a perimeter team which they can not be if they want to win. Coach Lafon was at a loss for words (never seen that!). Tigers should rebound though.
I heard that. but somedays you're the windshield--some days you're the bug.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

I see where Fairland has no seniors starting....I thought a couple of their kids were seniors.....I remember seeing them play on 8th grade team against kids who are seniors now.....Maybe they played up........

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

donaldtrump wrote:I see where Fairland has no seniors starting....I thought a couple of their kids were seniors.....I remember seeing them play on 8th grade team against kids who are seniors now.....Maybe they played up........
Donald why not say what u want to say ?? Did they stay back ? ? That gives you something to blame it on. Because surely they just can't be better right?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what is ironton's overall record. I know they recently beat them pesky ole Ashland tomcats.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Another chance for the Panthers to come out victorious as they travel to Rock Hill. Good chance to maybe go on a win streak and get confidence as we head into the bulk of OVC play

ROLL PEAKE
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

updated.

Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth beat a good and quick South Point team last night 56-46 at PHS. The Trojans had as much as an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter, but the Pointers rallied to cut the deficit to 10 with about 4 minutes to play. PHS is now 5-2 on the season.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Great start for the Trojans, cant replace a young man like Allison, but they have opened strong,road game vs Peake, hope its a lot of fun!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHO WON THE ROCK HILL/IRONTON GAME.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:WHO WON THE ROCK HILL/IRONTON GAME.
Rock Hill(41) @ (60)Ironton

Return to “Boys Basketball”