Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Game day
All State

Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Post by Game day »

At this time there are 2 head coaching jobs open Gallia and Rock Hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D LIKE TO SEE MERRILL TRIPLETT BACK IN THE PICTURE SOMEWHERE IF HE IS STILL INTERESTED.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't understand rock hill. in ways I do because a coach's success is production related. but last year he was released and then re-signed. and the last couple of years I think he has done an admirable job. I hope todd lands on his feet somewhere else. maybe south point.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

would jack james be interested I the GAHS job.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I will be shocked if the blue devil job does not go to a known candidate. I am not saying that they will hire in house. But i think it will be someone who understands Gallia Academy athletics and the challenges that comes with that. That gives me a list of about 6 or names.

It is my understanding that it was offered to a coach on current staff. Coach turned it down. It is my understanding that coach will apply for the job now that it is posted. But after the fiasco the last time of just naming someone he wants no part of a back room here you go deal. Dont know if it is true or not. just what i was told.

I think they will get several qualified candidates... Whoever coach is. Has his work cut out for him. I was at school for a assembly recently.. It isnot that the dont have that many big kids come out for program. They dont have that many big kids that go there.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

The Rock Hill situation is a tricky one, they need stability and I felt from a far they were getting to that point, but I don't just get it....

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I see your point. I think the people from RH believed they had a strong team last year and they finished 5th in the league. They also would have had to pay their coach another years salary even if they went and hired another coach.
Last edited by osu 77 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Merril Tripplett is the Southern Ohio version of John Gruden....if a spot opens up his name is the top of the list....LOL

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

BigChuck wrote:Merril Tripplett is the Southern Ohio version of John Gruden....if a spot opens up his name is the top of the list....LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

loganlocos wrote:Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.
Too political there. I think he stays and waits for something better.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

loganlocos wrote:Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.
His next job will be at Logan.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue Devils do not need put the full court press on to get anyone. If Penrod is interested he will apply. Same with some other quality guys in the area. I think Penrod would be a great hire. But there are other guys who would also be great fits. It will be interesting. As far as politics at Gallia goes not that much worse then other schools. Especially not now seems to be getting much better.

If they want to talk to penrod not difficult as you can find him around a gallia academy sporting event at least once a week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigChuck wrote:Merril Tripplett is the Southern Ohio version of John Gruden....if a spot opens up his name is the top of the list....LOL
Triplett walked away from his alma mater (Rock Hill) a few years ago because they wouldn't give him complete control of the program. Boosters and school board members wanted to make sure their family members would keep the starting positions.

Unless they fire a majority of the crummy school board, I wouldn't see him being interested.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Triplett walked away from his alma mater (Rock Hill) a few years ago because they wouldn't give him complete control of the program. Boosters and school board members wanted to make sure their family members would keep the starting positions.

Unless they fire a majority of the crummy school board, I wouldn't see him being interested.
Merle graduated from Ironton High School. He played for the 1973 State Runners-up that finished the season 11-1

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

JMO GA next coach is keep it in the family Saunders LOL jmo

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Bleeding Red wrote:

Yes you would need control that would be for sure to change things.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote:

red Merrill triplett is a fighting tiger always was. been to his home in ironton many times as a young man. his family ran goldcamps hardware on center street. he's not from rock hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

then after that he bought a farm in Arabia, and coached symmes valley. before coaching numerous places.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Yes you would need control that would be for sure to change things.
I agree, but Merrill is an ironton graduate.not rock hill as stated.

Return to “Football”