SOC1 (2016-17) Schedule/Results/Standings

brown22
Varsity
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Eastern beat ND tonight. The Eagles are now 5-0 in league play.


GO EAGLES

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 6548
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Updated

beaverlover
S
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Beaver

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by beaverlover » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:30 pm

mattash wrote:Green @ Eastern make up?
January 28

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 6548
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm

New Boston @ East make up?

brown22
Varsity
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:34 pm

This is pretty much how I seen the league being this year. I figured Western would be behind at least 3 teams didn't see them and New Boston being tied in league play but anything can happen in this league.
GO EAGLES

Mailman
All Conference
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:43 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Mailman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Notre Dame beat East 77-59

bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

Mailman
All Conference
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:43 pm
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by Mailman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm

bbjunky81 wrote:Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Not sure what's happening with them. I know Scott isn't playing a lot of minutes. Won the league last year and returned everyone.

bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 am

First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

User avatar
js7_22
Varsity
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 am

Mailman wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Huge win by Notre Dame on the road... what in the world is going on at East?
Not sure what's happening with them. I know Scott isn't playing a lot of minutes. Won the league last year and returned everyone.
I had the pleasure of attending this game last night with my father-in-law. A lack of offense was their problem. It does not seem like they are playing as a team right now. Scott did not start but once he was out there he wasn't a "force". He gets away with too much in my opinion (travels when he spins and picks up both feet, over the back, and just pushing people when the ball is in the air). I believe their were 3-4 technical fouls as well. (Coach with 1, players with 3), at one point a kid was sent off the bench to the locker room mid game for his actions on the bench.

At what point in time as an AD do you step back, look at the amount of personal fouls, technical fouls and misconduct, and realize that maybe it's the leadership that is allowing this to happen? Oh wait...

I honestly do not see this happening at other schools in the conference. It's one thing to fight for your team and try to show them you have their backs, but East takes it to a new level.

At what point do the members of the SOC 1 begin to think, what if East wasn't in the SOC any longer? Just hypothetical, not trying to imply anything, but will it get any better there?

User avatar
js7_22
Varsity
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:28 am

bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)

bbjunky81
All State
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by bbjunky81 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:37 am

I could be wrong here, but isn't East's basketball coach also the AD?
Watching SE Ohio basketball and self-anointed pfloyd replacement when he gives it up.

User avatar
js7_22
Varsity
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm

bbjunky81 wrote:I could be wrong here, but isn't East's basketball coach also the AD?
Hints the "oh wait..." after the AD line I made. :D

brown22
Varsity
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:13 pm

js7_22 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)
Don't think Western can beat Eastern agian, ND and Clay are both away games for Eastern so those could be possible.
GO EAGLES

EPN
Freshman Team
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by EPN » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Eastern has looked really good lately , and right now r the favorites to win the league and get the #1 seed in the tourney, but I don't want them to get too over confident , Western , at Clay , at East, at Notre Dame are all tough games , games that eastern could lose if they don't keep their focus and intensity, Barrick is a great coach , I'm confident he will have the eagles ready and focused for this tough stretch run they have ahead of them .
Go Eagles!!!!

User avatar
js7_22
Varsity
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am
Location: Southern Ohio

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by js7_22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:02 pm

brown22 wrote:
js7_22 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:First round is basically over minus a couple makeup games that are due in the near future. This is the updated standings as of today.

1. (6-0) Eastern
2. (5-2) Clay
3. (5-2) Notre Dame
4. (3-3) Western
5. (3-3) East
6. (2-4) New Boston
7. (1-5) Symmes Valley
8. (0-6) Green

*tie breakers were determined by who won the head to head matchup between teams with the same league record.

Just like the SOC 2, I think most things are holding true to form except for a couple quick thoughts:

1.) Eastern is even better than people though, pretty much dominating competition the first round through.
2.) Notre Dame is a surprise. Everyone knew they'd be solid, but the big wins @ East and @ Western show they're legit
3.) East has been a major disappointment in the league. Other than a win at home vs South Webster which was tied with 1 minute left, they haven't had any "key" wins. Well, I guess Clay, but Clay was without Hinze.
4.) Good for New Boston!
5.) Green almost knocked off Western last night and kept it respectable with East. They may get someone soon!
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)
Don't think Western can beat Eastern agian, ND and Clay are both away games for Eastern so those could be possible.
I wouldn't say Western can't, Western has the capability to play with Eastern, beat them in the holiday tournament game. It's high school, kids are kids. Should be a good second half though.

EPN
Freshman Team
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by EPN » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Agree js7_22, no way would I say can't , I am an eagle fan and I believe eastern is the favorite, but western is more than capable of knocking off Eastern, like I stated earlier Eastern is playing really well , but u never want to get too confident.

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 6548
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by mattash » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Updated

brown22
Varsity
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:32 am

js7_22 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
js7_22 wrote:
Pretty nice assessment. I'd agree. Clay can play with a lot of schools, but consistency is trouble for them. Eastern is def tough, Notre Dame was up on them and couldn't find the bottom of the rim in the second half. Symmes Valley is up and down, some games they are in it, others they are getting blown out.

Green had a shot to knock off Western last night. Green plays hard, really hard. Their 0-6 record doesn't show what they are actually capable of.

I believe Western, Notre Dame and Clay have a legit shot at knocking Eastern off the 2nd time around.

This year's Northwest Sectional is gonna be a dog fight when you add South Webster into the mix. (Eastern may skate into the convo with their sectional.)
Don't think Western can beat Eastern agian, ND and Clay are both away games for Eastern so those could be possible.
I wouldn't say Western can't, Western has the capability to play with Eastern, beat them in the holiday tournament game. It's high school, kids are kids. Should be a good second half though.
Didn't say they Can't beat them, I said I don't think they can again that's just my thoughts.
GO EAGLES

brown22
Varsity
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: [=== SOC1 (2016-17) ===] -- Schedule/Results/Standings

Post by brown22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 am

[="EPN"]Agree js7_22, no way would I say can't , I am an eagle fan and I believe eastern is the favorite, but western is more than capable of knocking off Eastern, like I stated earlier Eastern is playing really well , but u never want to get too confident.[/quote]

Read the post lol. I didn't say Cant't beat them EPN I was saying I don't think they will do it again referring to Js7-22 saying that Western,Clay,ND have legitimate chances of beating Eastern.
GO EAGLES

Post Reply