Pitch Count Is Here!!!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Pitch Count Is Here!!!

Post by tvc_fan »

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/exc ... l-baseball

Here is Ohio’s pitch count policy that was approved this morning:

Grades 9 through 12 can throw 125 pitches daily.

Number of Days Between Pitching Appearances After Pitching:

1-30 Pitches: 0 days

31-50 Pitches: 1 day

51-75 Pitches: 2 days

76 or More Pitches: 3 days

gametime
SE

Re: Pitch Count Is Here!!!

Post by gametime »

tvc_fan wrote:http://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/exc ... l-baseball

Here is Ohio’s pitch count policy that was approved this morning:

Grades 9 through 12 can throw 125 pitches daily.

Number of Days Between Pitching Appearances After Pitching:

1-30 Pitches: 0 days

31-50 Pitches: 1 day

51-75 Pitches: 2 days

76 or More Pitches: 3 days
Going make some coaches earn that pay now !!!!

You can't handle the truth
minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Especially in SOC where teams play each other 2 days within each other.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I think there will be a ton of Game Cancellations that aren't conference games.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Is this really a big change from the 10 innings every 3 days rule? Save your 1-2 for the league and pitch your other guys in the non league. What exactly is 3 days res? If you pitch Monday, can you come back Thursday since that's the third day? Or is it 3 full days and the pitcher can't go again until Friday?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Can't go again until Friday.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Wow. Better have some depth. Also spending up the high school game just died a quick death. Pitching changes in the middle of the inning will cost an extra 15-20 a game. Personally i don't see the benefit in this. Any coach that is worth anything wouldn't jeopardize his pitcher. I've seen it done but with today's knowledge it shouldn't be a problem

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Maybe you are right that it shouldn't be a problem, but the truth of it is, It is very much still a problem. Here is my questions regarding the new pitch count rules:
1. What happens if teams have a discrepancy in pitch count totals? Is there an official count (like basketball having the home team the official book?)
2. If coaches are submitting pitch counts into some OHSAA program (yet to be released) do all coaches have access to the counts? ex. (If I was playing a league game, would I be able to see of the opposing pitcher is eligible to pitch or does this solely rely on each particular coaches ethics to patrol his own team?

I have other questions, but those would be my big ones.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Fonzie wrote:Maybe you are right that it shouldn't be a problem, but the truth of it is, It is very much still a problem. Here is my questions regarding the new pitch count rules:
1. What happens if teams have a discrepancy in pitch count totals? Is there an official count (like basketball having the home team the official book?)
2. If coaches are submitting pitch counts into some OHSAA program (yet to be released) do all coaches have access to the counts? ex. (If I was playing a league game, would I be able to see of the opposing pitcher is eligible to pitch or does this solely rely on each particular coaches ethics to patrol his own team?

http://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/article ... d-for-2017

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
crashdavis188
Riding the Bench

Post by crashdavis188 »

This rule will really make scheduling JV games hard. I think if a kid can pitch, he will be needed at the varsity level. JV games could get ugly. It will be a learning year. Goodluck coaches.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Fonzie wrote:Maybe you are right that it shouldn't be a problem, but the truth of it is, It is very much still a problem. Here is my questions regarding the new pitch count rules:

http://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/article ... d-for-2017

I have read the article. Yet my questions are not answered. If we are playing Gallia Academy, will the coaches be able to see on the data collection system (not yet in place) how many pitches the Faro boy threw 2 nights ago. If the coaches can, then great, we would know if he was supposed to rest that day or if he is eligible to pitch. Again, will both coaches be submitting pitch totals for both teams? If they are what if their numbers differ?

The article is a good start with the pitch totals and days of rest, but the specifics of how it will be regulated are still not clear.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Most people talk in ovc, they know who pitch when and where. Most of the time lol

You can't handle the truth
football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

its for grades 7-12

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

gametime wrote:Most people talk in ovc, they know who pitch when and where. Most of the time lol

When and where isnt the issue. It would be the number of pitches. I believe this system can work, but it just needs more details released

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Word is that the pitch counts may be kept on MaxPreps.

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Post by thecommonwealth »

petesweaty wrote:Word is that the pitch counts may be kept on MaxPreps.

MaxPreps has had this option for a while. MaxPreps sent an email to all Ohio coaches suggesting that they use their system to log pitches. Its not mandatory for Coaches to use the MaxPreps system.

Many Coaches are now using GameChanger which also logs pitches.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

125 max. Were there coaches letting pitchers throw more? 125 is a lot!!!

final4
Waterboy

Post by final4 »

Games will be longer because lots of pitches will be taken to extend pitchers counts.

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Post by thecommonwealth »

It may extend games a little but not a whole lot. Even if a team is taking pitches on the starter, he should be able to go 7innings on 125 pitches. Where the game may get longer is if coaches are pulling kids mid inning to limit relievers so they can come back on no rest or 1 days rest. Teams may also take pitches on relievers in leagues that play back to back games.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

If a kid throws strikes taking a pitch will only hurt a batter and his team.. Putting a batter at a disadvantage especially if he takes a strike 2 or strike one on a pitch he could drive...This isn't going to happen for the most part...Where it will delay games is making pitching changes to save a pitcher for next day or 2....

Return to “Baseball”