Post by mattash »

Who makes it to the final four?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Re: 3/18 Fairland vs. Hiland

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

My bobcats ain't in it unfortunately but I'll take hiland just because I hate other teams colored green :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Fairland is going to Columbus in my opinion.

Good luck dragons !!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Garaway beat Hiland twice

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Fairland by 15+. Too much size and speed for Hiland. I would say Garaway by 12 over Hiland.

Good luck to all.

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

What time will tip off be?

RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Post by RebelZone »

62-55 Fairland

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

They need to go to Van Horn early and often. This is a lot better defensive team than garaway, but lacks the size. Kill them on the glass and they''ll be putting that star on Fairland on the Schott floor.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE FAIRLAND DRAGONS AND THEIR MAGICAL SEASON.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

I believe Fairland got a wake up call with the Garaway game. After beating them by nearly 30 early in the season they found themselves on the ropes with their season on the line. Give credit where credit is due they found a way in the end to survive and advance. I feel that close call woke up the dragons that they are not invincible even against a team that they blew out early on. For those saying Garaway beat Hiland twice so Fairland is a shoe in I'd say you are wrong. In high school basketball just like college matchups are everything. Check the scores of those Garaway/Hiland games not a big difference in scores but maybe Hiland just didn't matchup well with Garaway. That being said I do feel Fairland will take care of business and advance to Columbus. Too much size and they will not back down to the pressure defense which Hiland applied to Southeastern last night. Seems as if Fairland has backed away from relying on the 3 ball which is a good thing in these environments imo. I also agree with a previous poster if this becomes a half court game I believe the dragons need to swallow their pride individually and make sure that Van Horn gets a touch every trip. Even if he does not score he will draw attention from someone and is a sufficient passer out of the post.

Fairland 64
Hiland 51

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I agree with Championship, I think the last game against Garaway woke Fairland up a bit. It seems as if Fairland kind of overlooked Garaway after the thrashing earlier in the season, however, that obviously won't happen here as the State Tournament is now up for grabs.

Fairland 58
Hiland 50

Watching SE Ohio basketball
PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Hiland will want to play this game I'm the 30's. Their defense and ability to be patient or offense will slow this down to their pace.

I don't think this is Hiland's most talented team, but they are deep and disciplined. I think it comes down to the last 2 minutes, just like garaway did.

dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Post by dragonalum »

I think Fairland's size and ability to control game tempo will be what helps them punch their ticket to Columbus.

Dragons 72
Hawks 60

I BELIEVE, Dragons! Keep it going, boys, you can do this!!

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Fairland better get the shots they want from the players that can score. Van Horn has got to DEMAND the ball in the post. Quit settling on shots. Its tourney time and every possession matters! Ive always said you need to get lucky in 1 game to advance to the state tourney. Well, Fairland used theirs up! Play hard and smart and advance! Good luck boys!

earp
S

Post by earp »

[quote="dragonalum"]I think Fairland's size and ability to control game tempo will be what helps them punch their ticket to Columbus.

Dragons 72
Hawks 60

I BELIEVE, Dragons! Keep it going, boys, you can do this!![/quo

Yes and that tempo is to play fast. :mrgreen:

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Easier to slow a team down than to speed a team up.

97Dragon
Waterboy

Post by 97Dragon »

Worst part is no matter if my Dragons win or Hiland wins more than likely the get Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph for their chance to play for the state championship! Huge task for either team or anyone for that matter.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I said before the season that Fairland was a Final 4 caliber team, and nothing has changed my mind about that. It's obvious that the Dragons will have to play well to win that trip to the Schott, because Hiland has the same goal in mind. I don't think FHS has to do anything different than what they've done for so far.......just make their FT's, layups, minimize turnovers, and get stops at critical times.

97Dragon: Don't count out your Dragons if they make the state........Portsmouth was a BIG underdog to Cleveland Cathedral Latin in the 1978 state championship game.....that team was the defending Class AA state champions, and the Trojans upset them 63-62. Truly anything can happen on basketball's biggest stage. I think one of the biggest keys is to not think too big of the moment and just play your game. We all know that Fairland has talent playing a very good schedule with only 1 loss.

dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Post by dragonalum »

97Dragon wrote:Worst part is no matter if my Dragons win or Hiland wins more than likely the get Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph for their chance to play for the state championship! Huge task for either team or anyone for that matter.
VASJ has to get by Northwestern first, so don't go counting Viking eggs before they're hatched.

Also, our Lady Dragons beat VASJ's girl's team this season, so I think if the boys were to play VASJ in the next round they might have some extra motivation... ;)

GoJeeps42
Waterboy

Re: 3/18 Fairland vs. Hiland (2017 Elite 8)

Post by GoJeeps42 »

Does anyone know what radio station will be broadcasting this game? Please send my way if you know. So great to see several area teams making it this far. Good Luck, Fairland!

Those who laugh last, laugh the loudest.

Return to “Boys Basketball”