JV Team

Re: OVC 2017

Post by Phoenix31 »

Championship07 wrote:SP 4
Portsmouth 1
Henline outduels Williams in this one
You beat me to it.

:mrgreen:

Portsmouth is now 4-10 overall and 4-7 in the OVC.

Portsmouth's OVC games:

Portsmouth 12 Fairland 0
Coal Grove 3 Portsmouth 0
Portsmouth 8 Chesapeake 6
Rock Hill 13 Portsmouth 0
Gallipolis 7 Portsmouth 2
Portsmouth 6 South Point 1
Ironton 4 Portsmouth 3
Portsmouth 10 Fairland 5
Coal Grove 16 Portsmouth 6
Chesapeake 7 Portsmouth 0
South Point 4 Portsmouth 1

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Just conference records at this point, its shaping into an exciting finish:

Coal Grove....7-3
Ironton.........7-3
Gallipolis.......7-3
South Point....6-4
Rock Hill.......6-4
Chesapeake...5-5
Portsmouth....3-7
Fairland........1-9

I think that's right, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

Peake/Ironton score from last night?

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Ironton 7
Chesapeake 2

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

Gallia travels to CG tonight, Ironton travels to SP to finish previously suspended game and play regularly scheduled game tomorrow, RH/Ironton clash on Friday, CG travels to SP Friday as well. Some huge games in the OVC race the next few days!

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

hilljack wrote:Just conference records at this point, its shaping into an exciting finish:

Coal Grove....7-3
Ironton.........7-3
Gallipolis.......7-3
South Point....6-4
Rock Hill.......6-4
Chesapeake...5-5
Portsmouth....4-7
Fairland........1-9

I think that's right, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
I did.

Portsmouth 12 Fairland 0
Coal Grove 3 Portsmouth 0
Portsmouth 8 Chesapeake 6
Rock Hill 13 Portsmouth 0
Gallipolis 7 Portsmouth 2
Portsmouth 6 South Point 1
Ironton 4 Portsmouth 3
Portsmouth 10 Fairland 5
Coal Grove 16 Portsmouth 6
Chesapeake 7 Portsmouth 0
South Point 4 Portsmouth 1

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

My bad, updated:

Coal Grove....7-3
Ironton.........7-3
Gallipolis.......7-3
South Point....6-4
Rock Hill.......6-4
Chesapeake...5-5
Portsmouth....4-7
Fairland........1-9

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

hilljack wrote:My bad, updated:

Coal Grove....7-3
Ironton.........7-3
Gallipolis.......7-3
South Point....6-4
Rock Hill.......6-4
Chesapeake...5-5
Portsmouth....4-7
Fairland........1-9
Thanks

However, now you have an uneven number of games since the total number of wins and losses should be an even number.

Another team has to have an incorrect record, now.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Headline in Ironton Tribune should have read

HOME PLATE UMPIRE GETS 14 K's BETWEEN PORTSMOUTH AND SOUTH POINT WITH BATTERS REFUSING TO SWING AT BALLS!!!

Half a foot outside and at the ankles Home plate umpire impresses the women with his called strike 3 that echoed throughout the Hills above Pointer Stadium!!!!!!!!!!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

They wont call a strike at the letters anymore but they'll call a strike at the ankle or 6 inches outside..It's total bull crap ....I can understand in biddy league expanding the strike zone but by god when their in High School it's time to put your big boy pants on and call the game like it was suppose to be called. Home plate is there for a reason, 1 inch outside is a frigin ball...Lazy Umpires as far as I'm concerned!!!! Pitchers have all the advantage with these liberal pitcher umpires..Not all are like that but way to many are.....All you bigtime Umpires out there... Midway between belt and top of shoulders... and basically the bottom of the knee. I can stand one a little high or low as long as its over the plate but its total bull crap when a batter would have to reach out with a boat oar to hit the dang ball... Quit the bull crap umps!!!!!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I suggest you take a class, buy the gear, pass the exam and go take one the spots, plenty of room for good umpires.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

There just aren't a lot of quality umpires out there any more, Don't know why, but I've seen some pretty bad ones this year already. The problem is, sometimes these guys are changing outcomes of games. I understand everybody is human, but, jeeez, I agree with you guys.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Gallipolis beat Coal Grove last night giving the Blue Devils a lead in the OVC with a conferenc record (I think) of 8-3, and Coal Grove now 7-4. Big games tonight include Ironton against SP for 2 games (finishing up the first), and Rock Hill travels to Portsmouth. The SP vs Ironton tonight could be huge, i would love to be there.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

LetsGoPSU I suggest you keep drinking the Kool-Aid.....You must be one of these Umpires who expanded the Home Plate from 17 in to 24 in...It's a crying shame that the wuzzyification of America has included expanding the strike zone where a batter from game to game has no clue what it is....The plates there for a reason!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, way to many games have been determined by these liberal strike zones by way to many umpires.... I suggest you go back to class and take a refresher course on the strike zone PSU......The SP -Portsmouth game had somewhere around 14 k"s by batters taking called 3rd strikes with most pitches outside or inside 3 in or more...Total bull crap!!!!! But go ahead and enable the Umps who do this....Pump the sunshine. I mean my god how do they expect a Pitcher to throw a ball in that little of an area..It's only fair they call strikes a half foot outside.. When I umpired years ago we used home plate to go by to call strikes...Today u have the liberal OHSAA destroying the game...... You have your little hand book telling u to expand the zones. that's why the Kentucky teams are better for the most part...They don't have all these bull crap liberal regulations ohio has to deal with when it comes to amount of games played, practices in off season ect.....

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

mrwonderful wrote:LetsGoPSU I suggest you keep drinking the Kool-Aid.....You must be one of these Umpires who expanded the Home Plate from 17 in to 24 in...It's a crying shame that the wuzzyification of America has included expanding the strike zone where a batter from game to game has no clue what it is....The plates there for a reason!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, way to many games have been determined by these liberal strike zones by way to many umpires.... I suggest you go back to class and take a refresher course on the strike zone PSU......The SP -Portsmouth game had somewhere around 14 k"s by batters taking called 3rd strikes with most pitches outside or inside 3 in or more...Total bull crap!!!!! But go ahead and enable the Umps who do this....Pump the sunshine. I mean my god how do they expect a Pitcher to throw a ball in that little of an area..It's only fair they call strikes a half foot outside.. When I umpired years ago we used home plate to go by to call strikes...Today u have the liberal OHSAA destroying the game...... You have your little hand book telling u to expand the zones. that's why the Kentucky teams are better for the most part...They don't have all these bull crap liberal regulations ohio has to deal with when it comes to amount of games played, practices in off season ect.....
I was at a game around Lexington, KY last night where the strike zone was 3 to 4 inches outside on both sides of the plate for both teams. It isn't just Ohio.

BTW, Kentucky does have a limit on how many regular season games can be played - 36. In addition, there are limitations on practices during the off-season.

http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20162017/bylaw23.pdf

One final note, lay off my friend LetsGoPSU. I have known him for over 40 years. He means what he says....in a good way.

Why don't you go back and umpire again?

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

...i'll repeat what i said...3 to 4 inches outside is not a strike...it's cheating the kids...They never learn the strike zone...KY is more lax than ohio on regulations and everyone knows it...I never said only in ohio was the strike zone bad.. The plate is there for a reason...Why not go by it? I mean what I say in a good way....I can understand biddy league expanding the zone but not high school and above...

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

By the way what I wrote has nothing to do about me going back to umpire. It has to do with the strike zone...A strike zone that has gotten so wide it's determining outcomes of ball games and that is Busch league.....

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

mrwonderful wrote:...i'll repeat what i said...3 to 4 inches outside is not a strike...it's cheating the kids...They never learn the strike zone...KY is more lax than ohio on regulations and everyone knows it...I never said only in ohio was the strike zone bad.. The plate is there for a reason...Why not go by it? I mean what I say in a good way....I can understand biddy league expanding the zone but not high school and above...
Of course, it is not a strike - by rule. But, it is a strike if the umpire calls it as such. Therefore, become an umpire again and change the system.

Your previous quote about the "liberal OHSAA" having a handbook about expanding the zones and then stating "that's why the Kentucky teams are better for the most part" sure is black and white about comparing strike zones in Ohio and Kentucky.
mrwonderful wrote:Today u have the liberal OHSAA destroying the game...... You have your little hand book telling u to expand the zones. that's why the Kentucky teams are better for the most part...They don't have all these bull crap liberal regulations ohio has to deal with when it comes to amount of games played, practices in off season ect.....
I wonder, how many coaches did you throw out of ballgames in your lifetime?

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Plenty of good umpires out there too, with good strike zones. Honestly, I'm more interested in who's going to win the OVC myself, just saying.

Return to “Baseball”