2017 Coal Grove Hornets

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Coal Grove Hornets

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

any word on the burg feller.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It is amazing that he we hear a coach is stepping down and no one from CG knows what is going on! I would think someone would know BOE member and they would know something.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's likely a touchy subject there 77. and maybe nobody wants to tip their hand yet. or just maybe some are so fed up they don't wanna talk about it, who knows. good luck to em anyway.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

The sad part is the BOE doesn't know what they are doing. Very very sad for CG athletics.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Yes good luck finding a coach and getting kids up to speed with your system.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I heard Kidd is going to be an Assistant at Rock Hill

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Yes he is the Jr high coach and he knew the whole time what his plans were, if it was going to b like this they should've kept big dad and Jay, so I guess its not so much about the kids just egos.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

CGHornet55 wrote:I'd like to wish Coach Kidd luck in whatever he chooses to do. He has been in the Coal Grove Program since 1999, including 6 years as the Jr High Coach and 2 as the head honcho. If it wasn't for a play here or there, he'd be a 2 time OVC champion coach. He's a great coach, but an even better person. You don't get coaches like him too often.

In 1999, CG went like 2-8 or 3-7. Great job!
Should have never done Coach Dave Lucas dirty! 34 years committed to that school district and never to this date an explanation from the athletic director, principal, superintendent, and the Board of Education! I guess that's how you treat a hall of fame coach.

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

SportFan08 wrote:
CGHornet55 wrote:I'd like to wish Coach Kidd luck in whatever he chooses to do. He has been in the Coal Grove Program since 1999, including 6 years as the Jr High Coach and 2 as the head honcho. If it wasn't for a play here or there, he'd be a 2 time OVC champion coach. He's a great coach, but an even better person. You don't get coaches like him too often.

Should have never done Coach Dave Lucas dirty! 34 years committed to that school district and never to this date an explanation from the athletic director, principal, superintendent, and the Board of Education! I guess that's how you treat a hall of fame coach.
I agree the whole thing with Coach Lucas was done dirty and should've been handled much better.
Also, wasn't Coach Lucas' first year at Coal Grove 3-7 or something like that?

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

CGHornet55 wrote:
SportFan08 wrote:

I agree the whole thing with Coach Lucas was done dirty and should've been handled much better.
Come on! Cut the crap! Dave Lucas should've retired 10 years before he was let go! Some people even believe if Coach Lucas retired that long ago, his son would've had the job, no questions asked!

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Agreed!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Lets keep it classy guys.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

CGHornet55 wrote:
SportFan08 wrote:

Dave's first year back (2004 Season) he went 7-3. If you want an explanation from the athletic director, principal, or superintendent, feel free to ask them why Lucas wasn't hired back. They would all tell you he had their support. 3 board voters decided to get rid of Dave Lucas and keep Jay from getting the job.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

Has anyone heard who's applied? Deadline for applications are May 3rd.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THEY BETTER GET CRACKIN THEN.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

any news?

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

8 applicants so far. Administration isn't releasing names for some reason.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is the deadline still Wednesday the 3rd. what happens if no coach is in place by then.or is that just a deadline for applicants.

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

I'm pretty sure it's for applicants Mr bait....

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Going to be a tuff job with everything that has gone on to date.

Return to “Football”