TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we actually had an older one of these years ago. after we moved here. got tired of patching it from fisherman snagging it. nothing as elaborate as those though. you get the most awesome pictures.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:17 am Image

trench when you get your oprah money me n mrs. bait like this one. n I could rig up a way to put my trollin motor on it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 9:11 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:17 am Image

trench when you get your oprah money me n mrs. bait like this one. n I could rig up a way to put my trollin motor on it.
:) :D :P :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MRS. BAIT CAUGHT HER A 5 POUND CHANNEL CAT ON NEW BRAND SPANKIN NEW PINK CAMO ZEBCO 33 COMBO YESTERDAY ON A PINK N WHITE ROOSTER TAIL. and ole dad had forgot to check the drag. it was wide open, n her reel started screaming, I look over and she's half grinnin, half panickin. it was dragging her all over the place. the reel was screaming like I needed to toss some lake water on it. I lay my pole down and go around the dock n she's like helpppppp. she looked like Jeremy wade fighting a giant goliath grouper under a bridge pier in florida. her 33 combo bent plumb over. she reeled on the way down n pulled on the way up just like larry Dahlberg and was getting no where.she was hyper-ventalatin, by the time I ambled over there she had resorted to pulling line in by hand. thinking she's gonna get a face full of treble hooks, I take over the line pull. and we hoist this big ole fat channel cat on the dock. and come to find out our camera batteries are out. it was awesome.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well the beaver count out front is up to 4 now.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 am well the beaver count out front is up to 4 now.
:) :) :D 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody hearing anything yet about a stocking date.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have some information on lake white and the stocking progress n news. may 10th --- 33,433 saugeyes were introduced to the lake. they did a bass study by shocking last Tuesday. only 6 bass were found at the shocking with 2 being spotted bass. they intend on stocking as well as saugeye -- largemouth bass, (aka black bass), channel cats, and bluegills, but not crappie. they say from the shocking they found a good population of bluegill n crappie here now.they said the crappie and perch and spotted bass will re-populate themselves filtering through pee pee creek. so they are just adding bluegill. I spoke with a biologist who is sending me an email sometime today. when I get it, i'll copy n paste it. and share it here and on my facebook page. Tom Osborne 56, waverly, ohio. I hope this helps I initially called asking about some beavers out front. then we started talking about the stocking.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

also rocky fork is now our new contact point as far as a park office for lake white information, it has been changed from pike lake to rocky fork. I have a call in there about the beavers. unsure if you can still get boat stickers at pike lake or not. they may have moved that to rocky fork with the new park office contacts. which would make rocky fork, or the greenup dam the closest places to renew stickers if you do not do it by mail. but i'll ask when I hear back from them. rocky fork is 937-393-4284.i'll let you know as soon as I find out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this is the official information from the top. i have not included the contact information so they don't get buried in phone calls or e-mails. but here is information about the lake white stocking dates n progress. the lake was electro shocked last tuesday.only 6 bass were seen with 2 of them being spotted bass, likely from pee pee creek.so basically we have no bass now. but some will filter in through pee pee creek before the stocking. they saw a pretty good population of bluegill n crappie still here. ------------ they did stock 33,433 saugeye the 10th. so that is the rumor about fish being released, it was just saugeye to date. and though the main park office is now rocky fork. you can still get boat re-newal stickers at pike lake.here is the information about stocking dates.
may 9th electroshocked for checking bass population

may 10th 33,433 saugeye released

may/june catchable size catfish 12-16'' and bluegill of multiple life stages from fingerling to adult

aug/sept--largemouth bass fingerlings 2-4'' 25 fish per acre

sept/oct-yearling channel cat 8-12'' program lake stocking

sept/oct- young of year saugeye electroshocking survey

oct/nov-adult saugeye gill netting survey

apr/may 2018 black bass (largemouth) electroshocking evaluation to determine survival and abundance of largermouth bass one year after refill.---- that should answer most every questions about stocking dates. i have added nothing to or taken anything from the original e-mail other than not including contact person(s). anyhow, be blessed , have a great summer. tom osborne

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and yes you can still get boat renewal stickers at pike lake.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just wanted everybody to know. I ain't anybody special here. just asked the right questions to the right people. it's information anyone could have gotten speaking through the right channels. just wanted to share with my friends in seops land what I'd found out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well I been skunked both times I've fished off'n the dock. by my neighbor n my wife.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm seeing carp close to 4 feet long. I cain't get em to bite. I'm gonna toss some corn out there. when the eagle flies ole bait is gonna get some Wheaties for wheatie balls. they are massive.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That's some big ole nasty carp. :shock: :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they are a hoot to catch though trench. they are like sharks in salt water. a necessity. great seeing the lake coming back to life though man. starting to see more boaters n some jet skiers. mostly residents with the ramp still not open.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, put up a good fight, fun to catch. Really good for lakes/ponds/rivers to eat up over growth of algae. They are the cleaners. Heard there was a way to cook them to eat, and take out that overly fishy taste, but I throw anything that I catch back in anyways. Set-um free. Like those jet skies, fun fun fun.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Problem with carp is they muddy up water so bad.Landowners hate getting them in their ponds for this reason. I have heard you need to take the mud streak out and smoke them if they are to be eaten. I don't think I could eat them no matter what they did. My brother always said they are the hardest fighting fish there is to reel in pound for pound.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we ate them out of the ohio river when I was a young'un with some ole black gentleman one time. you would have never dreamed they were carp.

Return to “The Off season”