Freshman Team

Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by dcgjones »

Any update on the first week of this?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.
Heard Jackson went 3-0 including a win over Athens

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Ukfanatic wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.

Blevins is really going to be a stud for sure! Jeeps are very young, other than Blevins (JR) they'll be playing primarily sophomores! They'll go as Blevins goes!

Jackson should be very good this year. And Waverly! D2 seems loaded

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

JEEPNATION wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Blevins is really going to be a stud for sure! Jeeps are very young, other than Blevins (JR) they'll be playing primarily sophomores! They'll go as Blevins goes!

When is D2 not loaded? lol

Vinton will be really good again - and now lets ad Fairland to the mix.

wow

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am

wow
I think a few of those teams should have a local "expert" write a letter to the OHSAA petitioning for their team to play in the SE D3. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson having a good showing this summer.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:59 pm Jackson having a good showing this summer.

... I92 can you give us a semi-quick rundown of the Ironmen for the upcoming season ? new league, Coach Morrow in charge - JHS should continue to improve imo ...

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

IMO should be able to go 10 deep. All kids about the same level.. Was told they will push the ball up and down the floor this year. Guard heavy. . Freshman kid not sure of his name, Probably 6 Plus could be good in a couple of years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

dcgjones wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:36 am IMO should be able to go 10 deep. All kids about the same level.. Was told they will push the ball up and down the floor this year. Guard heavy. . Freshman kid not sure of his name, Probably 6 Plus could be good in a couple of years.
Freshman is Treylan Davis. He is a good 6'2 and incredibly improved in last two years. His dad is Erik Davis who was 1st team all state in football 2x and also in track. He was a 6'6 stud who started day 1 at OU on the offensive line. Treylan will likely go at least 6'4 and likely will be on varsity.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

This would have been a very good year if the transfers had stayed . I think Jackson program is on the rise and will do well the next few years in their new league.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm

wow
I think a few of those teams should have a local "expert" write a letter to the OHSAA petitioning for their team to play in the SE D3. :mrgreen:
I soooooo LOVED this post!!! Well played my Dear Sir!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm

wow
I soooooo LOVED this post!!! Well played my Dear Sir!
:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Coach SLegg
Waterboy

Post by Coach SLegg »

Streaks went 8-2 in the league with losses to Jackson & Athens in close games and lost to Athens in the tourney.

Enjoyed ourselves and a lot of guys got playing time and looked at a lot of different combinations. Experimented and tinkered with some different looks.

Was well run by the Jackson folks and their facility is ideal for this type of setting. Was just what the Streaks needed.

Now we "whince" through football for fear of injury and enjoy the rest of summer.

Here Comes the Streaks!
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Jackson has a very nice facility . Good to hear positive feedback. Will this be an annual event ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 am Jackson has a very nice facility . Good to hear positive feedback. Will this be an annual event ?
I imagine. Mon-Thurs in the summer it is used every evening in June for summer leagues: jr high boys, high school girls, high school volleyball and high school boys basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”