2017 Cleveland Browns

cbolt
SEOP

Re: 2017 Cleveland Browns

Post by cbolt »

Wow kind of surprised by this! I know he is not the second coming of Ronnie Lott but thought they could make a decent trade for him.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns trade former first round pick 19th overall draft pick in 2015 Cameron Erving to KC for a 5th round pick in 2018. Erving has never put it together in Cleveland. He seems to get hurt a lot as well as make a big mistake during a game. Should have gotten more for him but Cleveland collects draft picks. I still think they should dump Osweiller since he is not in their long term plans. As they should try to see what Hogan can do,

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:54 pm Wow kind of surprised by this! I know he is not the second coming of Ronnie Lott but thought they could make a decent trade for him.
He was out there for trades. Just his contract no one wanted.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Haden signs with the Steelers for 3 years $27 million. To bad the Browns didn't get anything back.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I can see this biting the Brownies where the sun don't shine. Haden is finally healthy and had a decent preseason and now gets to play his old team twice a year.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Brownies finish preseason undefeated for the first time since 1986 clobbering the lowly Bears! Didn't watch this due to the Ohio State game being on but it looks like Hogan outperformed Kessler again. Both of them had good games from looking at the stats but Hogan was better. If they cut Hogan I would be very surprised and disappointed. The Steelers are probably there waiting for him :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Well the preseason is over. I don't put much stock in the Browns going undefeated but hey, it's better than last year when we lost 'em all! I think they win 4 or 5 games but they will be more competitive overall. If Kizer develops into anything resembling a QB, we might be a decent team in a couple of years. Just need to keep Truck Stop Jimmy out of the draft room.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

undefeated in preason their idiot players disrespect our flag. 3-13 in reg season have fun boys

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns pick up Zach Banner 4th round pick this year by the Colts. Zach is the son of former first round NFL draft pick Lincoln Kennedy. He went to USC and was the second ranked tackle in his class going into USC. He did not make the most of his time but his size 6'8 360 is worth giving him sometime to learn. Even though the Browns have not done well on drafting Offensive Linemen lately. Hopefully he does well since the Browns didn't draft him.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Thank God I'm traveling today and won't get to see the biannual beatdown the Steelers give the Browns. It's not a rivalry lately, just a bye week for the Squeelers. I still hate them.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Much better than I thought. I think Kizer has promise. We have some hope. NFL is sadistic pitting Browns against Squeelers and Crows the first two weeks

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The offensive line still has a lot of room to improve.
One thing about Kizer is not a lot of experience at the college level. Another is he was not a winner in college. Having all the skills to be a winner and being a winner is not the same. Kind of like Cutler but that would be a major upgrade for the Browns.

The Browns defense played well with a lot of new players this year.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Kizer did alright but took way too many sacks! He holds the ball too long like Barrett of Ohio State. He shows glimpses but needs to be more consistent about making up his mind and getting rid of the ball. Agree the line didn't get much push. The defense was really solid until the end of first half and end of game, same ole problem they have had for years, but at least it looks like they got a defense this year! The thing that really killed them was that dang blocked punt :evil: :cry:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Cleveland stayed in the game. Will get them next time.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Browns need to get the running game going to take some pressure of the kid. Would help if certain receivers would catch the darn ball.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yea Britton has been a major flop and the front office was thinking he would make up for losing Pryor?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Nice finish to the first half Browns.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Looks like the Browns regressed from last week. Such is the nature of a young team. I think they'll draw some blood but how soon?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

To many dropped passes and poor pass route running. Duke Johnson made a heck of a catch but should not have been that close to the other receiver. I kind of thought that Hogan should have stayed in since he just took them down field for a FG. Not like Kizer did much before going out. Both threw Int's.

Defense looked good at times but to many mistakes. They did seem to play hard til the end.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Missed the game today but looks like Kizer stunk it up with a 27 rating. Hogan actually played better with a 77. Cleveland outgained Baltimore but the 5 turnovers had to be the killer.

Return to “Pro Sports”