Saturday, September 9th
Wheelersburg Girls at North Adams Girls
Wheelersburg Boys at North Adams Boys
Westfall Girls at Minford Girls

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Games Week of 9/4

Post by 4thgoal »

NW @ Waverly boys tonight will be a big game to set the tone for the first half of the SOC.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:14 pm NW @ Waverly boys tonight will be a big game to set the tone for the first half of the SOC.
I agree...best 2 teams in that half of the SOC

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Northwest won 5-0

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

I honestly don't see Northwest losing a single game this year. Their offensive firepower is unreal. They have a short window though since it seems their lower classes will likely be middle to bottom of the SOC.

SoccerGuy1
Waterboy

Post by SoccerGuy1 »

Not real sure about bottom of SOC for NW. They have 3 freshman that played good minutes with first string in the games
I watched. Also...2 sophomores who start now...plus 4-5 Juniors who also do, one arguably the best player in league with the Throckmorton kid. They do lose a few keys guys don't get my wrong. Was told they also got 11 freshman out this season, several in which hadn't played in a few years or switched over from fball but are athletic. I'm not arguing that they will be as good by no means, but bottom I doubt. Think it will be more of a 5 team race like it should be, a lot more exciting for us fans :)

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

SoccerGuy1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:02 am Not real sure about bottom of SOC for NW. They have 3 freshman that played good minutes with first string in the games
I watched. Also...2 sophomores who start now...plus 4-5 Juniors who also do, one arguably the best player in league with the Throckmorton kid. They do lose a few keys guys don't get my wrong. Was told they also got 11 freshman out this season, several in which hadn't played in a few years or switched over from fball but are athletic. I'm not arguing that they will be as good by no means, but bottom I doubt. Think it will be more of a 5 team race like it should be, a lot more exciting for us fans :)

Agree with you soccerguy. The freshmen at NW have potential. There is a lot of speed there. They are learning from the upperclassmen and buying into Coach Keeney's program. Also, with the way this year is going they are getting valuable playing experience without stress of close games. With them getting playing time with some of the Junior starters, chemistry is being built. It will be interesting if they give player of year to Evan or not, not sure how many Juniors ever got that.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Burg at Northwest tonight!
Northwest has a chance to sweep the SOC 2 first round of games with a win at home. Have they ever done this? When was last time they won the SOC?

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

SoccerGuy1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:02 am Not real sure about bottom of SOC for NW. They have 3 freshman that played good minutes with first string in the games
Don't get me wrong, they will still be very good. It's just that every other team in the SOC has very good classes coming up as well, and they seem to be outclassed. I would still expect them to be a 7-8 win team. That's just my opinion though after seeing every team play.

You're right about the five team race. This year there is no race. In two or three years, it seems every team will be competitive.

Return to “Soccer”