2015 Wellston at Jackson

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2015 Wellston at Jackson

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think we all know this will end ugly for Wellston......

Whodey
Freshman Team

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by Whodey »

Apparently when you are clueless about some other school's talent you sit around and start "Week 1" threads about other teams and make dumb predictions.

Wellston not only beats Jackson but takes down O&B's belove Nelsonville (notice I didn't NY lol) team as well.

If you have no idea about the improvements here mind your own business.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Here we go lol. Wellston is undefeated til week 1...come sunday morning they will be 0-1.drinking the kool-aid on a sunday lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dandy Don wrote:Apparently when you are clueless about some other school's talent you sit around and start "Week 1" threads about other teams and make dumb predictions.

Wellston not only beats Jackson but takes down O&B's belove Nelsonville (notice I didn't NY lol) team as well.

If you have no idea about the improvements here mind your own business.
You're hilarious!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IMO Jackson needs to focus on being solid all-around and not anyone trying to be a hero or make the spectacular (but not sound) play. If Jackson plays solid in the first 2 1/2 quarters I think they can win handily by the end of the game. If Jackson doesn't contain their lanes and loses focus and bites on certain routes....it could be tight the entire game with either team obtaining a break to win it.

Jackson 38
Wellston 14

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Been hearing about the down part of Jackson this summer with players moving around.

Jackson will probably start slow in this game but after the half time talk they will be looking into their rear view mirror the rest of the way.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Just in case you missed the previous post here from Rockefeller Center in NY is Dave's top ten list.

Top Ten Reasons Why Jackson gets beat in Week 1 by my Golden Rockets:
10) Jackson players worried about who will be featured on WOUB Grid Iron Glory; Wellston players being groomed as a team not as individuals
09) Jackson playing not to lose; Wellston playing to win
08) Jackson players and staff on vacation thinking about Week 11; Wellston players and staff focused and tunnel visioned on Week 1
07) Jackson players lifting their fingers and thumbs to tweet; Wellston players power lifting and training hard - several kids putting up huge numbers
06) Jackson resting on last year laurels; Wellston ready to start something new
05) Wellston first year assistant coaches Rinehart, Humphries and Humphries will leave no stone unturned to win - personally know the Ironmen playbook - tendencies
04) Wellston first year head coach Philips knows the last time Wellston beat the Ironmen with a first year head coach and will look to repeat history
03) Wellston skill players have much more team speed
02) Wellston line has more size and strength
01) Wellston is underrated not overrated and the fact of the matter is that karma always favors the underrated.

34-14 win in Alumni Stadium

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:Just in case you missed the previous post here from Rockefeller Center in NY is Dave's top ten list.

Top Ten Reasons Why Jackson gets beat in Week 1 by my Golden Rockets:
10) Jackson players worried about who will be featured on WOUB Grid Iron Glory; Wellston players being groomed as a team not as individuals
09) Jackson playing not to lose; Wellston playing to win
08) Jackson players and staff on vacation thinking about Week 11; Wellston players and staff focused and tunnel visioned on Week 1
07) Jackson players lifting their fingers and thumbs to tweet; Wellston players power lifting and training hard - several kids putting up huge numbers
06) Jackson resting on last year laurels; Wellston ready to start something new
05) Wellston first year assistant coaches Rinehart, Humphries and Humphries will leave no stone unturned to win - personally know the Ironmen playbook - tendencies
04) Wellston first year head coach Philips knows the last time Wellston beat the Ironmen with a first year head coach and will look to repeat history
03) Wellston skill players have much more team speed
02) Wellston line has more size and strength
01) Wellston is underrated not overrated and the fact of the matter is that karma always favors the underrated.

34-14 win in Alumni Stadium
The fact of the matter is that your #1 doesn't make any sense.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

No one is over rating Wellston lol.........

Dandy Don may be convinced Wellston will win, but he's awful lonely on that island lol

Jackson will win by at least 20.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Mr. Ironman92 would you care for an explanation?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:Mr. Ironman92 would you care for an explanation?
"Karma always favors the underrated"

I thought karma was when something good happened to someone who has been doing good things and also when something bad happens to someone who has been doing bad/illegal type things.

Never ever heard of karma working for the underrated or against the overrated.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Mr. Ironman, I think karma is at play here.

Jackson has been the recipient of player after player after player from Wellston.

Jackson has always snickered at this and had the almightier than thou response that well who wouldn't transfer to the land of red and white.

Jackson is now the "team to beat" in Region 12 according to the internet pundits at that other forum up north. Meanwhile Wellston gets no mention at all.

Jackson though is unproven without that senior class from last year...cupboard is a little empty.

It is the classic case of the tortoise and the hare...we been working every day and have caught the hare while he been sleeping and resting.

The mighty SEOAL, the lowly TVC. Oh my how the mighty has fallen and the tide has turned.

Karma favors the underrated and the stars and planets will align on 8/29.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:Mr. Ironman, I think karma is at play here.

Jackson has been the recipient of player after player after player from Wellston.

Jackson has always snickered at this and had the almightier than thou response that well who wouldn't transfer to the land of red and white.

Jackson is now the "team to beat" in Region 12 according to the internet pundits at that other forum up north. Meanwhile Wellston gets no mention at all.

Jackson though is unproven without that senior class from last year...cupboard is a little empty.

It is the classic case of the tortoise and the hare...we been working every day and have caught the hare while he been sleeping and resting.

The mighty SEOAL, the lowly TVC. Oh my how the mighty has fallen and the tide has turned.

Karma favors the underrated and the stars and planets will align on 8/29.
If you believe your 3rd paragraph then karma makes a little sense....tortoise and hare makes a lot more sense, except it goes against your "Wellston skill players are way faster"...I believe #3 on your list. Sounds kinda like you are trying get your cake and eat it too....though that sounds more like me.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Did someone say cake?? :razz:

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Mr. Ironman92 are we parsing sentences, bringing out the Webster dictionary, and arguing over Aesop's Fables or going to talk Wellston-Jackson football.

I have waited a long time to say, that this year we are the better conditioned, more motivated, faster, stronger team. With a coaching staff that appears to be leaving nothing on the table for this game.

I like our chances.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don, you should be a fight promoter . Hell you got me excited for the matchup. Keep throwing fuel on this wildfire and everyone have your 2$ ready to park.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Well we are gonna whip your butt in Week 10, but first things first.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:Well we are gonna whip your butt in Week 10, but first things first.
I'll wager 3 large Pizza Pub pizzas that Wellston doesn't beat viking96's team in week 10

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:Well we are gonna whip your butt in Week 10, but first things first.
Well I won't be playing in week 10 so please refrain from any butt whipping. I hope this game turns out to be as good as you predict . You have some really good coaches down there .

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Lol, I know it is confusing Dandyman, but Viking96 is an Ironmen fan...but he still cares about your Week 10 trust me.

Return to “Football”