2015 Wellston at Jackson

doubleplay643
S

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Well we are gonna whip your butt in Week 10, but first things first.
I'll wager 3 large Pizza Pub pizzas that Wellston doesn't beat viking96's team in week 10
Are we talking 19" size? I may want some of that action.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Dildo don are you off your meds?

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

No meds here, don't be mad bruh.

Ask yourself when the last time we had a bigger, stronger team with a couple athletes that were the best on the field...Prater and Osborn...combined with the energy of a first year staff...what happened?

Go back to dreaming about 10-0 seasons and Week 11 home playoff games and when reality hits you square in the mouth on 8/29 give me a call and I will fill the prescription of meds that all you Jackson fans will need. Although not sure there is a script for shock.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Jackson by as many as they want.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dandy Don wrote:No meds here, don't be mad bruh.

Ask yourself when the last time we had a bigger, stronger team with a couple athletes that were the best on the field...Prater and Osborn...combined with the energy of a first year staff...what happened?

Go back to dreaming about 10-0 seasons and Week 11 home playoff games and when reality hits you square in the mouth on 8/29 give me a call and I will fill the prescription of meds that all you Jackson fans will need. Although not sure there is a script for shock.
I think it was Wellston Ironman who quipped, "the only good thing about Wellston is "Jackson" on their license plates. :mrgreen:

I hope DanDon is right about this game though, cause NY can use the playoff points. :lol: :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Well we are gonna whip your butt in Week 10, but first things first.
I'll wager 3 large Pizza Pub pizzas that Wellston doesn't beat viking96's team in week 10
You want to bet that Wellston beats Jackson in week 10? If so we can up the number a bit more.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Ironman92 wrote:

You want to bet that Wellston beats Jackson in week 10? If so we can up the number a bit more.
I will bet that Jackson drubs Wellston no matter what week it is. :mrgreen:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Costello: You know the fellows' names?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: Well, then who's playing first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name on first base.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The fellow playin' first base.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy on first base.
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: Well, what are you askin' me for?
Abbott: I'm not asking you--I'm telling you. Who is on first.
Costello: I'm asking you--who's on first?
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?

I92, I mean I am lost with your reply...lol, I was talking about Viking96's "first team". And the Week 10 with VC and Wellston.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Will need some points for that DP643...maybe a veal at halftime if we host week 11. But DD has me believing!!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Dandy Don wrote:Just in case you missed the previous post here from Rockefeller Center in NY is Dave's top ten list.

Top Ten Reasons Why Jackson gets beat in Week 1 by my Golden Rockets:
10) Jackson players worried about who will be featured on WOUB Grid Iron Glory; Wellston players being groomed as a team not as individuals
09) Jackson playing not to lose; Wellston playing to win
08) Jackson players and staff on vacation thinking about Week 11; Wellston players and staff focused and tunnel visioned on Week 1
07) Jackson players lifting their fingers and thumbs to tweet; Wellston players power lifting and training hard - several kids putting up huge numbers
06) Jackson resting on last year laurels; Wellston ready to start something new
05) Wellston first year assistant coaches Rinehart, Humphries and Humphries will leave no stone unturned to win - personally know the Ironmen playbook - tendencies
04) Wellston first year head coach Philips knows the last time Wellston beat the Ironmen with a first year head coach and will look to repeat history
03) Wellston skill players have much more team speed
02) Wellston line has more size and strength
01) Wellston is underrated not overrated and the fact of the matter is that karma always favors the underrated.

34-14 win in Alumni Stadium
Did you fall and hit your head? Jackson by as many as they want.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Old Dandy Don is drinking some strong Koolaid lol

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

I am going with the number 3 as the over/under for number of kick or punt returns that we have in Alumni Stadium on 8/29 based on reports from the speed shown on the first day of practice.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:I am going with the number 3 as the over/under for number of kick or punt returns that we have in Alumni Stadium on 8/29 based on reports from the speed shown on the first day of practice.
I'd put the over/under at 7.5 kickoff/punt returns....none of which will be for TDs though. You left out that important part sir.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson will have at least the 2 best football players on the field and 2 of the top 4 fastest.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Dandy Don wrote:I am going with the number 3 as the over/under for number of kick or punt returns that we have in Alumni Stadium on 8/29 based on reports from the speed shown on the first day of practice.
21 points and 2 backflips and 1 frontflip

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Ironman92 wrote:Jackson will have at least the 2 best football players on the field and 2 of the top 4 fastest.
Ok, and we will have next nine best football players.

You play your two best and nine worse against our nine next best and two almost as good as your best.
Last edited by Whodey on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:
21 points and 2 backflips and 1 frontflip
I enjoy a good flip but I feel this would be a very individual type of act....kinda goes against your #10

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

In all seriousness, I think it will be a close first half as it usually is and then the IRONMEN will pull away in the second half by 21+.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

IRONMENFAN wrote:In all seriousness, I think it will be a close first half as it usually is and then the IRONMEN will pull away in the second half by 21+.
I think it will be really close up till just after both teams step on the field. Then old DanDon will disappear into the night as the route will be on. :mrgreen:

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Boy today's video sure is a lot different than "film" back in my day.

Got to watch some high def video of last year's Week 1 and after seeing that I may have to up my over/under prediction on punt and kick returns for TD's. Absolutely scorched the return defense last year on back to back special team plays last year leading to 14 points.

Big difference in overall team speed and athletic ability and something we will even be more able to capitalize on this year.

Return to “Football”