Rock Hill(7) @ (34)Ironton

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: OVC WK7 Rock Hill @ Ironton

Post by 12gauge »

After watching this team all year,the only ones that should be running the ball would be 7,9 and 44!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great point by rrr we have longtime friends on both staffs. this is what everybody wanted was their shots at ironton. way before Portsmouth and gahs were added. it's up to the tigers to take the gut shots and pull off a knockout punch. fairland done broke the jinx Lawrence county teams had of not beating ironton. it's up to the fighting tigers to absorb the blows and claw their way back.this should be an incredibly exciting game for both sides. I just at the end want to hear how good of a game it was and not that the refs robbed somebody.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 am Great matchup. Rock Hill with the upset?
Gotta agree with mattash on this one, Redmen will be firing on all cylinders with a healthy team and something to prove. Three of their losses were 3 points or less and only lost to Fairland by seven. They are playing very solid ball and should be a great game

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I truly hope that the tribe is satisfied with their choice of coaches. and give him a legitimate shot with his staff intact at building a successful program there at the hill. I'm very excited about this game that you know neither head coach here or staff wants to come out on the short end here.we visited rock hill assistant coach colegrove mom yesterday while me n mrs. bait were in ironton visiting young'uns and our grand daughter. mr. colegrove, whom I played ball with, I didn't get a chance to talk to because he had a grand baby asleep in his lap. awesome people.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

This is a power run vs power run game that will probably be over by 8:15! Look for the Tigers to win this by 14.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Firebreather?? Power run game vs power run game??? I watched the entire Chesapeake/Ironton game and Ironton was never in anything different than a 1 back or empty set. Each play they had at least two wideouts and a slot. Ironton was in the shotgun probably 85% of the time. They ran #44 on the edge idk how many times they also threw for 200+ yards. So saying Ironton is a power run team is not true. Unless they changed their entire game plan just for Chesapeake.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ironton wins in the tank

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a serious question here for rock hill folks. if the tribe beats the fighting tigers will this be the biggest victory in their program. never mind the current state of ironton football. to my knowledge and I may be wrong, has rock hill won a playoff game. I'm thinking they did one time and was there, but for the life of me I can't remember. it seems like hendoo was the fullback at the time. after fairland beat ironton I made a comment that is was the biggest upset in their history. I maintain that that is true. I asked dragons fans in all earnest because I wasn't sure. but got no rebuttal. since fairland has never beaten ironton, I think that is fair to say. ------------------------------------ if you are a Lawrence county team, the one team you want to beat is ironton. just like in Scioto county the one team you want to beat is the burg. ---------------------------- so with the utmost respect I ask. if the tribe comes into the tank and beats ironton, will it be considered their biggest win in their program. again, who could care less what the current state of ironton football is. looking for serious answers only.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

remember I was a rock hill folk for 32 years, so I know how big this is for both programs.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Yes....BIGGEST win in scool history

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

The biggest victory in school's history came in 1932 when Rock Hill was known as Pedro. The game was Pedro vs Ironton at Pedro. Dick Gallagher was the coach at Pedro and the final score was Pedro 8 Ironton 0. The next year Dick Gallagher was coach at Ironton. He led Ironton to their first undefeated season in 1935. The Ironton team was led by the one and only George McAfee. Now enshrined in the NFL Hall of fame.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is awesome information rrr, so it would be safe to assume that a victory by the redmen, if that happens -- would be the next biggest win in their school's history.

Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Has ironton seen an influx of daddy coaches? They are really helping the program at Trimble.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Dirty Sanchez wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:04 am Has ironton seen an influx of daddy coaches? They are really helping the program at Trimble.
Way too many and the others they have are bad at best!

Ohiosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosportsfan »

Ironton will win this one by 3 scores. The tribe is getting closer but still a few years away.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

If Ironton looses this game it will be because they got out coached but it would not surprise me at all. Go hill time for a staff

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

RH grad.,ironton fan since 86. Have relatives in the band and on the team( RH that is) soooo
RH 27
IR0N.26

G0 BuCKs
Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

Can the Hill stop 44 all night? I'd think you'd see a heavy dose of 44 to wear D out.

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

Enjoy #44 while you got him. He's headed back home for his last two years.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Where would that be?

Return to “Football”