Rock Hill(7) @ (34)Ironton

farmer
SEOP

Re: OVC WK7 Rock Hill @ Ironton

Post by farmer »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:26 pm I got a facebook post wishing the 2 teams luck. and it kinda took an ugly turn.and ironton's coach was called an idiot. this is a high school football game ya'll with young teenagers. I just wanna see a good clean game hardfought and well mannered and safe game. and one people don't say was decided by officials whichever way it turns out..
Do you mean the official doing the game or school officials?
It is a game and to many people take all the fun out of it. Enjoy

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am you hain't right ole buddy. these are 2 proud programs trying to reload and rebuild for the future with plenty of kick still left in them, and their biggest games ahead of them. like this one Friday night at tanks memorial stadium in ironton. these games will go a long way towards league titles and possible playoff births. as long as they are learning by their loses and improving each week. I look for this to be an exciting game.and ironton had best not be looking ahead at what could possibly be a game towards the league crown as they journey next week to the land of grovers n hornet to take on a 5-1 hornet team , playing like their hair is on fire. with their only loss being to a powerful Portsmouth west team. ironton comes in to this game 3-3, and rock hill comes into this game 2-4. neither would like anything better than to drive a spike in the other's league titles or playoffs hopes.
As we well know my friend.... enjoy it while you can... because we know the "tik-tok-tik-Tok"of life happens. & you don't always have a 30+ year kick butt program. Ten - MAYBE 15 years is about all they'll get & that's approaching and the milk jugs have knocked 'Em silly, & they have no idea that's about up & no state champ hat yet. They have a chance this year with the way certain teams moved in & out of division 5. Perhaps toughest matchup will be Columbus academy. Then smooth sailing if the mac rep goes out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:03 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:26 pm I got a facebook post wishing the 2 teams luck. and it kinda took an ugly turn.and ironton's coach was called an idiot. this is a high school football game ya'll with young teenagers. I just wanna see a good clean game hardfought and well mannered and safe game. and one people don't say was decided by officials whichever way it turns out..
Do you mean the official doing the game or school officials?
It is a game and to many people take all the fun out of it. Enjoy
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FARMER I HOPED WHOMEVER WON AND OR LOST THE GAME WAS SATISFIED WITH THE OFFICIATING OF THE GAME. AND I MEANT NOTHING ABOUT SCHOOL OFFICIALS, JUST TO BE COMPLETELY CRYSTAL CLEAR. SO MANY PEOPLE AFTER A LOSS SAY YOU CAN'T GO INTO THE TANK AND WIN A GAME. I HOPED IT WAS A WELL OFFICIATED GAME. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

Ironton won 34-7.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bait to answer your question about officials, there was one call that wasn't made and another that almost wasn't made. Two calls that everyone in the stadium saw but the officials. One was a procedure call on the Redmen that they called after a 10 second delay. Everyone including the Redmen knew they had committed that the refs almost didn't throw the flag on. If Rock Hill had went ahead and run the play I really believe they would not have made the call. The other was a blatant holding on Ironton. Coach Lutz was upset and rightfully so. I would have loved to have heard the ref explain his way out of that one. Either way the calls didn't affect the outcome of the game. Turnovers flat killed the Redmen. They couldn't generate any kind of offense at all. A lot of that had to do with the passing game not being there. Ironton had 8 guys in the box all night long and Rock Hill just couldn't run the ball. They finally did score after Coach Vass started inserting his second string. Basically this one was over before it started.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Anyone watching wsaz last night they kept saying Mason Darby at QB he transferred Braden Friend is the new QB. With that being said RH was never in this game and I think the score could have been worse

You can't handle the truth
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

I have no idea why anyone would think Rock Hill had a shot in this game. Since the previews, the only thing they have been able to do is stop the run. The lost to Oak Hill I s all I needed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ELChapo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm Ironton won 34-7.
thank you chappy

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 am Bait to answer your question about officials, there was one call that wasn't made and another that almost wasn't made. Two calls that everyone in the stadium saw but the officials. One was a procedure call on the Redmen that they called after a 10 second delay. Everyone including the Redmen knew they had committed that the refs almost didn't throw the flag on. If Rock Hill had went ahead and run the play I really believe they would not have made the call. The other was a blatant holding on Ironton. Coach Lutz was upset and rightfully so. I would have loved to have heard the ref explain his way out of that one. Either way the calls didn't affect the outcome of the game. Turnovers flat killed the Redmen. They couldn't generate any kind of offense at all. A lot of that had to do with the passing game not being there. Ironton had 8 guys in the box all night long and Rock Hill just couldn't run the ball. They finally did score after Coach Vass started inserting his second string. Basically this one was over before it started.

thanks for the info rrr, as tiger fans we have heard that for 50 years about getting jobbed at the tank. I'm not an official, and I don't claim to be and I don't know any local officials who indiscreetly try to assist a team. even coaching youth football with the same officials on Saturday. I thought they were fair and called the game the best that it could be called, and as fairly as possible. ole pappy bait was an official for many years himself. and they get called everything but a milk cow. they have a tough gig. especially without the aid of replay. frankly I thought this game would be much closer than this. and therefore I was hoping it would not come down to a call that one side or the other felt the game hinged on. but with the margin of victory it is obvious that was not the case. I have nothing but respect for both teams. proud of my fighting tigers. as they are showing marked improvement, and playing for their playoff lives and league total lives as well. and dang proud of the redmen team as well. they may only have a couple wins at this point, but give hammer time there. my friends from rock hill tell me in pm's a lot that this team is conditioned much better, more focused and disciplined. so with that said, they'll build it there, just not overnight.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and turning the ball over repeatedly will definitely kill drives, of which you only get so many. especially high school games which are not as long.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

I wasn’t expecting a running clock last night.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

The one thing I liked from last night was players from each side tackling each other or knocking someone down and then offering a hand to help them up. Good sportsmanship shown in this game.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

nice back yard brawl, hope Rock Hill can catch up a bit , it would make for a better conference

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Rock Hill is very young. Patience is a virtue so have a little. It will happen just take a bit of time. The thing that was remarkable to me was the crowd support. Don't give up on these young kids. They are working hard and will reward you in the end. I think he word is BELIEVE!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:32 pm Rock Hill is very young. Patience is a virtue so have a little. It will happen just take a bit of time. The thing that was remarkable to me was the crowd support. Don't give up on these young kids. They are working hard and will reward you in the end. I think he word is BELIEVE!
Really not getting the very young part, maybe in grade not age, there is several Juniors and seniors starting and playing. Also the crowd was half gone when running clock started

Steve Rogers
Waterboy

Post by Steve Rogers »

It won’t be this year. It probably won’t be next year. However, give Coach Lutz a couple seasons and he’ll have RH in a good place. Might not be an 8 or 9 wins team each season but, I’m confident they will be very competitive in the OVC and in the playoff picture in the near future.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Steve Rogers wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:53 pm It won’t be this year. It probably won’t be next year. However, give Coach Lutz a couple seasons and he’ll have RH in a good place. Might not be an 8 or 9 wins team each season but, I’m confident they will be very competitive in the OVC and in the playoff picture in the near future.
Really, what's this based on RH was back to having winning seasons , nothing against Lutz but coaching change was to win now and complete for ovc not in a couple years. Other schools in ovc changed and are winning.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is a culture out there that needs changed, it won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I thought Lutz's playing calling needs some work. Especially when you come out the second half and don't change.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Rock Hill(7) @ (34)Ironton

Post by mattash »

Rock Hill(7) @ (34)Ironton

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”