Div. 2 SE Coaches Major Changes to sectionals

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Div. 2 SE Coaches Major Changes to sectionals

Post by wchreidman »

Coaches this year the Division 2 SE sectionals will be made up of only division 2 Southeast teams. Their are 21 Division 2 teams this year there will be one sectional at Washington CH and one at Alexander. There will be 1 sectional with 10 teams and 1 with 11 teams. Sectional make up has not been released yet but it will be by Geography.

Washington CH Sectional will qualify to SW District. Alexander Sectional will qualify to east/central district.

No Division 2 Southwest teams this year at Washington CH and no Central or east teams at Alexander.

Sectional make ups will be released later.

svac83
SE

Re: Div. 2 SE Coaches Major Changes to sectionals

Post by svac83 »

should be broken down something close to following.

at alexander
Athens
Alexander
Fairfield Union
Fairland
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Marietta
Meigs
New Lexington
Sheridan
Vinton county
Warren

at Washington court house
Chillicothie
Circleville
Hillsoboro
Logan Elm
Mcclain
Miami Trace
Unioto
Washington Court house
Zane trace

I know this seems unbalanced at 12 schools to 9 but as far as teams go this would be 10 to 9.
I think if you moved another school to washington Court house it would be Fairfield union. Jackson would be closest to move. but changing there travel time from 30 minutes to a hour in 5 minutes makes less since then making fairfield unions 1 hour and 5 minute trip into a 1 hour and 20 minute trip. But i think it should be broken down how i have it.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm should be broken down something close to following.

at alexander
Athens
Alexander
Fairfield Union
Fairland
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Marietta
Meigs
New Lexington
Sheridan
Vinton county
Warren

Chillicothie
Circleville
Hillsoboro
Logan Elm
Mcclain
Miami Trace
Unioto
Washington Court house
Zane trace

I know this seems unbalanced at 12 schools to 9 but as far as teams go this would be 10 to 9.
I think if you moved another school to washington Court house it would be Fairfield union. Jackson would be closest to move. but changing there travel time from 30 minutes to a hour in 5 minutes makes less since then making fairfield unions 1 hour and 5 minute trip into a 1 hour and 20 minute trip. But i think it should be broken down how i have it.
The board has said it will be 1 sectional with 11 teams and 1 sectional with 10 teams. It will be based only on geography.

Chillicothe is gone based on enrollment they are divison 1 now. You left westfall off the list they are division 2 now

I think

Circleville
Hillsoboro
Logan Elm
Mcclain
Miami Trace
Unioto
Washington Court house
Zane trace
Westfall
Jackson

at alexander
Athens
Alexander
Fairfield Union
Fairland
Gallia Academy
Marietta
Meigs
New Lexington
Sheridan
Vinton county
Warren

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Forgot about chillicothie moving up and missed westfall. that looks like yours makes sense then. jackson and fairfieldunion would be the only thing ithink would change and jackson makes better since at washington CH

jkumpire
Waterboy

Post by jkumpire »

Good to see the changes, though the Wilmington AD did a great job running the WCH Sectional last year. it was always such a problem when OHSAA kept trying to figure out what to do in the district and started sending some teams to the Central District, or bring Central District teams into the SE, or even add those SW District teams to the SE.

It will be tough on those former D3 schools moving up, but hopefully they will up their programs too.

On a non-relate subject; do you guys know the date of the All-star meet this year?

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

jkumpire wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:30 pm Good to see the changes, though the Wilmington AD did a great job running the WCH Sectional last year. it was always such a problem when OHSAA kept trying to figure out what to do in the district and started sending some teams to the Central District, or bring Central District teams into the SE, or even add those SW District teams to the SE.

It will be tough on those former D3 schools moving up, but hopefully they will up their programs too.

On a non-relate subject; do you guys know the date of the All-star meet this year?
No I haven't heard anything for the all star match

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

if you train, it doesnt matter what division you are
if you sit around on your butt, you arent going to be good whether you are div. 1 or 100

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

The All Star preview will be Nov. 24th

Return to “Wrestling”