Waverly(27) @ (31)West

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

31-27 final

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

good win for West

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

No way west can play with the burg

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

West has a decent running game, backs fight for yardage. Waverly shots themselves in the football night with missed tackles. If waverly make a couple of those tackles I think they would have won this game.

As previously stated..... west can't play with burg this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

West will play havoc on Burgs running game, but they don't have the size and length to slow down the Burg receivers.

Minford got to Wests qb a lot but missed tackles. I think Burgs D line is in Wests backfield all night. Just my opinion from seeing both.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 pm As previously stated..... west can't play with burg this year.
And you've said this how many times on how many threads? Maybe we should just cancel the rest of the season?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Westfan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 pm As previously stated..... west can't play with burg this year.
And you've said this how many times on how many threads? Maybe we should just cancel the rest of the season?
I wouldn't cancel the rest of the season. I think west will win week 9 :geek:

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

bradford very elusive, he showed it again tonite

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 pm West has a decent running game, backs fight for yardage. Waverly shots themselves in the football night with missed tackles. If waverly make a couple of those tackles I think they would have won this game.

As previously stated..... west can't play with burg this year.
I agree. Waverly needed to wrap them up instead of just bumping them.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

First off: Congratulations to West on the win. They did enough to come away with the W.

Secondly: Kuddos to the Waverly kids for playing your butts off and leaving it all on the field.

Third: with all the West going to kill Waverly hype there is absolutely no moral victories in the 31-27 loss tonight. There are no moral victories in the three losses being to undefeated teams.
Waverly should have walked out of there with the W tonight.
Is West a good team? Yes
Is West a great team? No
I think we all knew it would be a high scoring affair with West not stopping the pass and Waverly not stopping the run.
Could Waverly stop the run? No
Could Waverly stop the West QB from killing them on two 3rd and very longs and another 4th down run from around the 31 to the 1? NO
But, the Tigers did hold the Senators to 31 points which should have been good enough to win.
I don’t know what the passing stats were for Waverly but they could have thrown it for another 150 yards and at least two more scores.
No way, no how could West guard Waverly’s WR’s. Waverly has 3 of the best WR’s in the area with Jordan back tonight and no way West guards them.

Now Waverly has to finish this thing out with wins against Minford and River Valley and hope it’s good enough to make the playoffs at 7-3.
If it is they’ll be a 7 or 8 seed.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Smurray, I thought waverly would get the big yards what happened? I know the announcers in early 4th I think said about was waverly about throwing behind wide open receivers. West rush that good?
Last edited by seasick80 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 pm First off: Congratulations to West on the win. They did enough to come away with the W.

Secondly: Kuddos to the Waverly kids for playing your butts off and leaving it all on the field.

Third: with all the West going to kill Waverly hype there is absolutely no moral victories in the 31-27 loss tonight. There are no moral victories in the three losses being to undefeated teams.
Waverly should have walked out of there with the W tonight.
Is West a good team? Yes
Is West a great team? No
I think we all knew it would be a high scoring affair with West not stopping the pass and Waverly not stopping the run.
Could Waverly stop the run? No
Could Waverly stop the West QB from killing them on two 3rd and very longs and another 4th down run from around the 31 to the 1? NO
But, the Tigers did hold the Senators to 31 points which should have been good enough to win.
I don’t know what the passing stats were for Waverly but they could have thrown it for another 150 yards and at least two more scores.
No way, no how could West guard Waverly’s WR’s. Waverly has 3 of the best WR’s in the area with Jordan back tonight and no way West guards them.

Now Waverly has to finish this thing out with wins against Minford and River Valley and hope it’s good enough to make the playoffs at 7-3.
If it is they’ll be a 7 or 8 seed.
Well said. Good luck to your tigers the rest of the way!
Also just want to say, I sat on the waverly side tonight! Awesome fans!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

seasick80 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 pm Smurray, I thought waverly would get the big yards what happened? I know the announcers in early 4th I think said about was waverly about throwing behind wide open receivers. West rush that good?
Waverly had close to 300 yards passing...

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I give up on edits lol. Waverly about that rushed or just off target or scheme change?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Thx BurgGrad6 I didn’t listen to first half

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

West pretty much shut the run game down. West has a decent run defense. Their line gets good pressure on pass plays as well but their Dbs just struggle in coverage

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

West had several opportunities for the knockout punch and missed. The first, allowing a 98-yard Kickoff return. Second, a miscue on a hand-off on 3rd and goal, resulting in a FG. Third, A bad pass interference penalty on 3rd down, to where the CB got caught looking in the backfield and let the receiver run right by him and had to grab the WRs arm with the ball in the air. Finally, a missed 30-yd FG that the kicker usually makes with his eyes closed. West let Waverly keep hanging around, but the Senators were in complete control, just never could put it away.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I don’t know what West’s QB’s last name is, but I’m guessing it’s Houdini! Wow, we had him so many times (once for what looked like a safety from my angle) and he continuously made huge plays. Obviously our tackling is not very good, but I have to give the West kids credit. Their line fought hard, and the tailback is a dandy...fights tooth and nail for everything he gets! And although the QB may not be a true passer, he hit the big one on us after escaping some serious heat.

All that being said, West doesn’t have anybody on their team who can match the speed you’ll see vs Burg (no disrespect to West...we got waxed by 6 TD’s). It could get ugly!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm West had several opportunities for the knockout punch and missed. The first, allowing a 98-yard Kickoff return. Second, a miscue on a hand-off on 3rd and goal, resulting in a FG. Third, A bad pass interference penalty on 3rd down, to where the CB got caught looking in the backfield and let the receiver run right by him and had to grab the WRs arm with the ball in the air. Finally, a missed 30-yd FG that the kicker usually makes with his eyes closed. West let Waverly keep hanging around, but the Senators were in complete control, just never could put it away.
I will agree for the most part that west was in control.. however waverly had some costly mistakes as well. 2 missed tackles that would have been a safety! 3 missed tackles on a 3rd and long that ended up being a pass on the back side that put west deep in tiger territory that resulted in a score. The list goes on. It was an even game. Neither team was really better than the other. West just got the breaks. It was a fun game to watch!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I Know we'll bring hell game 10, period.....but worse case we end up 9-1 and still host...yeah I can live with that!

Return to “Football”