11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AFTER A BYE WEEK THIS SATURDAY FOR THE BUCKEYES, THE PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS TRAVEL TO COLUMBUS TO TAKE ON THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. WHAT SAY YA'LL.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 11-28- PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

can the buckeyes bottle up the Heisman front runner and penn state's mr. do everything saquan barkley

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: 11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Right now ohio state is the team no one wants to face they offense is clicking. That being said penn state will be tough. ohio state dline must contain barkley and these dang dbs have got to step up the winner of this game could very well be in the playoffs

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Buckeye's performance during the last five games (albeit against weak competition) has convinced me that the offense will be able to move the ball on Penn State.

The same five games has convinced me OSU will not be able to stop the Lions. Throw in the Bucks propensity for penalties and special team mistakes, I can see Penn State winning the game in a fashion similar to last years BIG championship game. Ohio State gaining the early advantage then McSorley and Barkley winning the second half and the game.

My opinion is that Ohio State has the superior overall talent, Penn State is the better, more well rounded team.

Still two weeks to prepare for the Nits and maybe Meyer can find a way to fix the execution and mental errors that still plague the Buckeyes. That and maybe Michigan can put a dent or two in Penn State's armor.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Ohio state now 6th in the pol

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm The Buckeye's performance during the last five games (albeit against weak competition) has convinced me that the offense will be able to move the ball on Penn State.

The same five games has convinced me OSU will not be able to stop the Lions. Throw in the Bucks propensity for penalties and special team mistakes, I can see Penn State winning the game in a fashion similar to last years BIG championship game. Ohio State gaining the early advantage then McSorley and Barkley winning the second half and the game.

My opinion is that Ohio State has the superior overall talent, Penn State is the better, more well rounded team.

Still two weeks to prepare for the Nits and maybe Meyer can find a way to fix the execution and mental errors that still plague the Buckeyes. That and maybe Michigan can put a dent or two in Penn State's armor.
You believe that penn state will control the game and will beat Ohio state in the horseshoe?

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:42 pm Ohio state now 6th in the pol
This is good going into the penn state game, they should have jumped Wisconsin to 5 because Wisconsin barely beat a struggling Purdue team by 8. Buckeyes have been very hot since the lose to the Sooners. I wouldn't be surprise the committee puts Ohio state at 5 just to make the game even more hype. College gameday should be there. I will be there at the game and Michigan state game looking forward to this game. I believe buckeyes dline will make things trouble for penn states oline, they haven't faced a dline as deep and as good as Ohio states will be. the dbs will have to step up, they are getting better and better every game. They will get tested against penn state from McSorley and Barkley.

But I firmly believe that Ohio states talent and Dline will take over, they have had this team circled and wanted redemption from last years loss. Ohio state has 2 weeks to prepare and will most like be at 100%.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Our dline will win the battle. The question is can our db's

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: 11-28- PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 am can the buckeyes bottle up the Heisman front runner and penn state's mr. do everything saquan barkley
Northwestern laid the blue print for slowing Barkley down. OSU should be able to slow him down. My worry is that their QB will kill us with those moonballs.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:02 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm The Buckeye's performance during the last five games (albeit against weak competition) has convinced me that the offense will be able to move the ball on Penn State.

You believe that penn state will control the game and will beat Ohio state in the horseshoe?
I think Ohio State leads most of the game, but will let PSU back into the game through conservative play or mistakes then the Bucks lose it in the end. Something like PSU 42 OSU 38. I hope I am wrong, but McSorely and Barkley present a bigger challenge than did Baker Mayfield of Oklahoma. I just do not think OSU's back seven are good enough to contain Penn State all night. Throw in the Buck's propensity for mental errors, and I see a probable heartbreaking loss for the home team. Also Ohio Stadium really does not offer much of a home field advantage. The crowd has to many old folks like me who spend most of the game shouting "down in front" instead of cheering for the scarlet and gray.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I'm thinking McSorely gets knocked out of this one in the 1st quarter once OSU keys on Barkely and makes him run.

I'm going with

Penn St 21
OSU 35

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The DBs worry me. I think the Dline dominates Penn States Oline but the DB’s aren’t that good yet. I hope the pass rush can get to him.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

It will all come down to Barrett and the DBS for OSU imo. Barrett has had all day long to scan the field and throw against these weak inferior teams. PSU will no doubt turn up the pressure making him make quicker decisions. I suspect we will see running JT again when he feels the heat coming. PSU will have to employ a spy much like Oklahoma did to keep him from ripping off chunks of yards and keep extending drives. I think the OSU d-line and linebackers can control Barkley but what worries me is like red said those long moonshots by McSorley against our suspect secondary. Nebraska had almost 350 yards passing against that secondary last night, and they are not exactly a passing powerhouse. McSorley has to be licking his chops. Hopefully the D-line can bust his chops before he gets those moonshots off. He completes a few those Meyer will have to drop more people back there and that will open up the run game for Barkley.Bucks also have to plan for Gesicki, he is a dangerous tight end who has amazing athletic ability. He is the best dunker on the team they say. OSU has the advantage of getting the week off while PSU has a slugfest against TTUN to worry about. That game might take a lot out of them heading into the Shoe, advantage Bucks!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Keeping my thoughts to myself on this one, but I will say it will/should be a hard hitting showdown. The Nitts are coming to Columbus with they're A game ready, you can bank on it. If no injuries after playing Michigan this coming Saturday, I see a humdingun dandy on the way in the shoe the 28th. I'm throwing out all predictions. Lets get it on!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there are rumors that texas a&m m is trying to get franklin as we speak. I think he stays put in the big ten myself. he has built a goliath there and a massive following off the heels of the scandal from the previous regime. and would staying in the big ten he would avoid avoid alleybammy every year. but he is probably in the strongest division in college football right now with penn state, ohio state, Michigan and Michigan state being all in the same side.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:24 pm It will all come down to Barrett and the DBS for OSU imo. Barrett has had all day long to scan the field and throw against these weak inferior teams. PSU will no doubt turn up the pressure making him make quicker decisions. I suspect we will see running JT again when he feels the heat coming. PSU will have to employ a spy much like Oklahoma did to keep him from ripping off chunks of yards and keep extending drives. I think the OSU d-line and linebackers can control Barkley but what worries me is like red said those long moonshots by McSorley against our suspect secondary. Nebraska had almost 350 yards passing against that secondary last night, and they are not exactly a passing powerhouse. McSorley has to be licking his chops. Hopefully the D-line can bust his chops before he gets those moonshots off. He completes a few those Meyer will have to drop more people back there and that will open up the run game for Barkley.Bucks also have to plan for Gesicki, he is a dangerous tight end who has amazing athletic ability. He is the best dunker on the team they say. OSU has the advantage of getting the week off while PSU has a slugfest against TTUN to worry about. That game might take a lot out of them heading into the Shoe, advantage Bucks!
I think that is pretty spot on. we have to contain barkley, which I think we can do. be all over the qb like bees on the queen bee, and play over our heads in the secondary, limit penalties, and play excellent special team mistakes and win the turnovers to beat the nittany lions. they are a major handful. I'm really stoked about the remainder of the regular season with the likes of penn state, iowa , Michigan state , Michigan and Illinois still on the plate. no need to worry about a big ten championship right now. this is goin to be brutal getting through the rest of the regular season.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Another thought is that Ohio State must defeat their next opponent, bye week. No misbehavior, no book tours, no new practice injuries and heal existing injuries.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I told mrs. bait the very same thing Saturday watching the game, great observation. I told the mrs. I really do hate having a bye week the week before we play penn state. I really do. weird stuff happens in college on bye weeks.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm starting to drink the Kool Aid. Bucks by 3 TDs

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The more I think about it, screw Penn State. Who have they played? Akron? A terrible Pitt team? Georgia State? Iowa nearly beat them. Iowa is not great.

Not sold they are even a top 10 team right now. Buckeyes are seeking big revenge from last year when they dominated the game and lost.

Hell ttun has a good shot of beating them this coming weekend.

Return to “College Sports”