11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

cbolt
SEOP

Re: 11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

Post by cbolt »

Don't drink too much of that kool aid dazed that stuff can give awful hangovers, lol. At least the bye week is not on Halloween weekend, I think that's when Barrett got tangled up in the checkpoint charlie a couple years ago.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

at made me laugh bolt, sorry. lord I apologize.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Better be careful with Kool Aid. When I go all in, I find sharks swimming in the stuff. :shock:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:41 pm Better be careful with Kool Aid. When I go all in, I find sharks swimming in the stuff. :shock:
...and you know what they say, when the tide goes out, we all see who has no bathing suit on. :o

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm The Buckeye's performance during the last five games (albeit against weak competition) has convinced me that the offense will be able to move the ball on Penn State.

The same five games has convinced me OSU will not be able to stop the Lions. Throw in the Bucks propensity for penalties and special team mistakes, I can see Penn State winning the game in a fashion similar to last years BIG championship game. Ohio State gaining the early advantage then McSorley and Barkley winning the second half and the game.

My opinion is that Ohio State has the superior overall talent, Penn State is the better, more well rounded team.

Still two weeks to prepare for the Nits and maybe Meyer can find a way to fix the execution and mental errors that still plague the Buckeyes. That and maybe Michigan can put a dent or two in Penn State's armor.
This may be true, but what has PSU done to demonstrate this? Every win for PSU is a win that an OSU fan would comment on by saying "we'll see if they're actually good on <insert date>." Indeed, JT Barrett's numbers are superior to McSorley's and even Dobbins is out-doing the chosen-one in the running game. Yes, OSU needs to prove it, but I think OSU has proven more over the last few years than PSU (PSU has basically had a run from 10/2016 through 10/2017), yet PSU has not had to "prove it" according to CFB fans.

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 pm The more I think about it, screw Penn State. Who have they played? Akron? A terrible Pitt team? Georgia State? Iowa nearly beat them. Iowa is not great.

Not sold they are even a top 10 team right now. Buckeyes are seeking big revenge from last year when they dominated the game and lost.

Hell ttun has a good shot of beating them this coming weekend.
Yep, ever since that 2 special teams disasters win over OSU at home last year, PSU has basically only beaten one quality opponent (Wisconsin). Yet, OSU has to prove that their annual top 5 program is worthy, while PSU is assumed to be great. Odd.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

BoJack Horseman wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm The Buckeye's performance during the last five games (albeit against weak competition) has convinced me that the offense will be able to move the ball on Penn State.

The same five games has convinced me OSU will not be able to stop the Lions. Throw in the Bucks propensity for penalties and special team mistakes, I can see Penn State winning the game in a fashion similar to last years BIG championship game. Ohio State gaining the early advantage then McSorley and Barkley winning the second half and the game.

My opinion is that Ohio State has the superior overall talent, Penn State is the better, more well rounded team.

Still two weeks to prepare for the Nits and maybe Meyer can find a way to fix the execution and mental errors that still plague the Buckeyes. That and maybe Michigan can put a dent or two in Penn State's armor.
This may be true, but what has PSU done to demonstrate this? Every win for PSU is a win that an OSU fan would comment on by saying "we'll see if they're actually good on <insert date>." Indeed, JT Barrett's numbers are superior to McSorley's and even Dobbins is out-doing the chosen-one in the running game. Yes, OSU needs to prove it, but I think OSU has proven more over the last few years than PSU (PSU has basically had a run from 10/2016 through 10/2017), yet PSU has not had to "prove it" according to CFB fans.
You bring valid points to the discussion. Penn State, prior to this weeks matchup with Michigan, has yet to face a quality opponent. Yet OSU was embarrassed at home by the only quality team they faced in Oklahoma. The beauty of college football is that we will know who is worthy of a top ten ranking come October 28th.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good post Omega.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

It's true PSU like TOSU has yet to beat anybody THIS year, but I keep going back to last year in the bowl games against two worthy opponents PSU was much more impressive (at least offensively) and they got most those players back, so I think they been kind of cruising until somebody worthy shows up on their schedule and then we will find out who the real PSU is this year. Actually their win at Iowa is probably better quality than any win TOSU has so far. If they go out and whack TTUN look out! I don't see that happening though it should be a tight competitive game and wouldn't surprise me if TTUN went in to Beaver and pulled the upset.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree Bolt, also a good post. Yep, I been thinking of TTUN upsetting them too in the Beaver Cleaver Bleachers, but TTUN hasn't impressed me enough yet to think surely it could happen, but they done it before, so we will shall soon see, but really just thinking of some injuries that could happen. Also thought about TTUN beating the Nitts, then the Nitts roll into Columbus and beat the Bucks. :shock: Man, wouldn't that shake up some things. :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GO BUCKEYES TIME TO HUNT LIONS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHERE EXACTLY DID THE TERM ''NITTANY'' LIONS COME INTO PLAY. ANYBODY KNOW. WHAT DOES THE NITTANY PART MEAN. I'VE NEVER HEARD WHY, SERIOUS QUESTION.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

This game could likely determine who makes the college football playoff this year. No other team in the B1G seems like a viable threat.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I would not be surprise to see scUM pull the game out vs Penn State Saturday.

Iowa had every chance to beat Penn St at the end of the game. Even though Iowa is probably about as even as scUm's offense, scUM has a better defense IMO and this game shouldnt be a runaway by any means.

I will say Penn St 17 scUM 21

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 am WHERE EXACTLY DID THE TERM ''NITTANY'' LIONS COME INTO PLAY. ANYBODY KNOW. WHAT DOES THE NITTANY PART MEAN. I'VE NEVER HEARD WHY, SERIOUS QUESTION.
Mount Nittany close to PSU campus

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, correct Dazed. Mount Nittany also could be seen in the distance over looking one of the end zone's in the stadium, tll they added another new upper end zone deck.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cool, I'd never heard why.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 pm The more I think about it, screw Penn State.

Not sold they are even a top 10 team right now.
Better think a little more! :D

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

For people who doubted PSU this was a real eye opener! Bucks better hope for a little letdown next week because if this team shows up they are in trouble!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:34 am

Even though Iowa is probably about as even as scUm's offense, scUM has a better defense IMO and this game shouldnt be a runaway by any means.

I will say Penn St 17 scUM 21
:lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”