INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:48 am you da man legend.
I know I know tyty

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Bait you must have worked this feller in the yard alot hes tan :lol: :lol: :lol: Just joking my friend

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Is that the guy that works at toyota bait? Did he play high school football anywhere ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes bolt he works at Toyota . he played high school ball at ironton, as did his older brother cody. they are like 7 months apart age wise.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm Image
now you see why it's a handful bathing an English mastiff.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Yea lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:41 pm Image
What ya getting ready to shoot at, Bait? :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

a Budweiser can that someone left in the woods.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my wife was taking fall leaf pictures n snapped this I guess.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 pm my wife was taking fall leaf pictures n snapped this I guess.
All good pictures. Love your dogs. Big ole boys.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

when you n bolt comin to visit.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sometime but not sure yet. I'll have to talk to ole Bolt again. Would love to look at the dam to see what you are seeing on the water loss issue.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well you know where I am now. lookin forward to it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ole Bolt can find a needle in haystack driving/going somewhere. :D No need to worry about that, Bait. Looking forward to it as well ole bud. 8-) Getting any decent rain down there today? The radar I seen had some go through that area and looks to be still raining. Every drop should help out the fish some what, till they get-er fixed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes getting a very good thorough rain, we have had all day, lake has come well up. but it does no good if it leaks back out. really bummed about this.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me n mrs. bait took a 3 hour gator ride after church yesterday, it was awesome.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i want to make a statement about lake white following the meeting i went to at the government center. it was a 2 hour meeting with about a half dozen odnr reps and about the same from odot. I'm going to try to be as civil as i can out of respect for those still trying to get this resolved. especially judge paul price. his undying devotion to getting this resolved is extremely admirable. the meeting was covered by several news stations. it was slated for 2 hours. they spent 40 minutes of that making introductions of who was who. we get it, you're setting at the head table in suits, we know you are the big wigs already. then they showed a slide presentation of the work that was done. followed by a question and answer session. ------------ which basically turned into a question session with no answers. i left with more questions than i had originally than when i showed up about lake white following the meeting. the bottom line still remains that they broke the seal on each side of the actual dam, that had been there for 80 years. digging out in front of and behind it. they clearcut the bank below the dam of trees, for all the concrete work. and thus the entire root system holding the bank up. they did not replace the dam, they put new gates and wiring, and poured rcc concrete around the old dam. they used rcc concrete this is leaking like a pasta strainer. they added millions of dollars of rip rap, large rock. instead of driving piling and sealing with bentanite. the rcc concrete is cheaper, easier to work with supposedly and more effective. so how do structures like the ironton Russell bridge which was over 100 years old and was still going strong when replaced by using traditional concrete still stand tall. they had to explode those babies to remove them. john wise , their spokesman said the dam is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing the dam has passed all inspections, and as far as the dam we are done with it. yet the lake is losing millions of gallons of water. we lose like 3/4 of an inch a day of water. so basically what i took from that was he was saying if you live downstream along the Scioto river below the dam you are safe from flooding as long as we keep the lake way lower than winter pool. the dam is not working, the project was a failure. the other work they done is awesome, but the original issue of the dam leaking is way worse now than before. we are losing tons of water daily in the fields below the back of the dam between the dam and the Scioto river. in what they are calling seepage boils. but that is the same area where all the trees were dozed out that held the bank in place. so they then tell us they are going to build a birm over this with sand and gravel to stop that problem. are we serious here, you have a constant flow of water belching out of the ground and you are going to cover it with sand and gravel to stop it. really !!!!!!!!!. they also stated they could bot allow the lake to fill, because if they did 104 could fail and possibly wash out, therefore they can't take a chance on filling the lake. but they say the dam is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. yeah maybe because the lake is down like 10 feet. bottom line is we got hosed as residents, tax payers, outdoorsmen, boaters, the community, businesses. they have already spent the whole 32 million , it's gone. and we are hearing here it was actually 36 million. we have been without a lake for 3 whole years. and this is the result. they were genuinely as lost as last years easter eggs answering questions. they had no answers. they speak of putting it back into the planning phase which they said would take 6 weeks, really guys. we have 3 businesses here on the lake under brand new ownership because of the lake getting fixed. bill's bait house, red roof marina, and the famed lake white club. whose lots are bare now. business trickles in to the baithouse, the marina is completely full of everybodies boats in storage for the year. and the lake white club is like a ghost town. not to mention all the outlying businesses, gas stations, resturaunts, hotels, walmarts, krogers, everywhere. boaters n fisherman spend money. lots of it. now it's gone elsewhere. houses are for sale everywhere you look, property values are plummeting, and nothing has changed tax wise, as far as a reduction. hundreds of people including myself have rebuilt or replaced docks, shored their banks up. hauled the stumps out of the lakebed to burn, have cut the grass in the lakebed ourselves in preparation for the lake to reopen. it's a joke now when you mention lake white. and they had just stocked the lake. buckeye lake got fixed before our lake and our project was to be done 1st. they are not having these type issues. this is a jewel of the south lake white. and now it's a laughing stock. yet our reps from the state say everything is working fine. they have ruined a very pristine loking lake, a wonderful free getaway, and it's a state park that the state doesn't keep up at all, but leaves that to the residents. and something needs done about it. like i told the media at the meeting. I'm tired of you guys peeing down my leg and telling me it's raining. feel free to share this letter any and every where you want. sorry for any grammer mistakes. hard to type with one finger upset. get this in front of any and everybody that can address this problem. Tom Osborne 626 Lake White Road Waverly, Ohio 45690

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I wrote this here and copied it to facebook, because it was way too long to copy n paste on facebook. I know it has been shared a bunch of times.
which is exactly what my intentions were.

Return to “The Off season”