DIII Regionals @ Waverly: South Webster vs. Northwest

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

DIII Regionals @ Waverly: South Webster vs. Northwest

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

This will be THE GAME TO WATCH! Hope to see a big SOC crowd in attendance on Wednesday night at 7pm. Thoughts? Predictions?

Hylander
JV Team

Re: DIII Regionals @ Waverly: South Webster vs. Northwest

Post by Hylander »

Webster's got a good team, but I can't see anybody beating Northwest right now. They're playing on a different level. I can see Northwest taking this by 3 goals.

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

Northwest by fiddy

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Overall, SW has a lot more tournament experience, but only a few players on the current roster have been this deep in the tournament. NW hasn't been here in a long time but have been dominate all year. This should be an interesting game between the SOC1 and SOC2 champs. I do think SW has played a more difficult regular season schedule and came back from adversity in their last tournament game after falling behind 2-0 to Lynchburg and winning 4-3. I see this game being 5-4, but too close to call on the winner.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Webster not supposed to be here but the tough schedule looks to have prepared them well. Will be interesting to see how Northwest handles a close game if it tight in the second half. Either way, Scioto County will have someone to root for in Regional Final.*

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

I have to agree with 4th on this. South Webster will be the toughest opponent Northwest will face this season, by far. However the Mohawks probably come in the 4th or 5th spot of the toughest opponent SW has faced this season. Don't believe me? SW played Logan (D1 with only 3 losses), Alexander (D2 District Champ), Athens (D2 District Champ), not to mention the nasty Lynchburg Clay team they beat in the District Final. I look for this to be a barn burner however I'm going to have to give the edge to the Jeeps because of strength of schedule and their post season experience.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Agree it will be a good game. A lot of respect for both teams. Looking at common opponents, I have to give edge to Northwest. But, I guess that is why they play the game.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Agree it will be a good game. A lot of respect for both teams. Looking at common opponents, I have to give edge to Northwest. But, I guess that is why they play the game.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

South Webster will easily be the toughest opponent Northwest has faced all season. I like the jeeps experience in post season, their overall strength of schedule, but I like northwest offense and look for them to put up 4-5 goals. Most impressive stat for me is webster only gave up 21 goals this season with the tough schedule they had. Stingy defense vs high powered offense.

They have several common opponents and the scores mostly matchup fairly even. Two that stand out 1-1 tie with Burg and Jackson. Would like to have more details on those matches. Both on turf. Northwest beat Jackson in a scrimmage down 3 starters one being the foreign striker. And scored 15 goals on Burg in the two matches this season.

sputNICK7v7
Waterboy

Post by sputNICK7v7 »

Both teams are good dont get me wrong. BUt the Northwest Mohawks have scored 140 goals this season! How many has South Webster score. 50-60 probably. Webster dont stand a chance in this game. To many weapons for Northwest.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I went by SWHS and they were practicing pretty hard. I hope they find some more weapons to compete.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Cold and rainy tomorrow. Will this help or hurt either team?? Both teams playing with first year keepers. Judging the skip off the turf can be difficult.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Huge game in Waverly tonight that some are calling "The Redneck Civil War of Scioto County"!

Just got off the phone with Waverly AD and he said they're running some special promotions tonight...

First off, whichever fan has the biggest dip of Copenhagen in gets FREE admission for him and a guest - sponsored by the kind folks at Briar Patch Convenient Mart.

Second, there will be lots of festivities at half-time. There will be the 4-wheeler pop-a-wheelie competition behind the bleachers sponsored by Honda of Rarden. Also, the bow and arrow competition in the parking lot to see who's got the best aim in the county sponsored by Hanes Chevrolet.

And most importanty after the game will be a group deer hunt to celebrate the fact that these two Scioto County teams made it to the Regionals - sponsored by Frank's Deer Urine (thanks Frank for the hospitality).

Prediction:

South Webster 3
Northwest 2

And that's my prediction on the soccer score not how many 8 point bucks are killed this weekend!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I look for the winner of this game tonight to play at Waverly Saturday Afternoon in the Regional Final.

Good luck to The Jeeps.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Sure is a lot of talk about past opponents and goals scored... But I'm more concerned with the here and now... South Webster had to of scored at least 150 goals in practice yesterday so I don't think finding the net will be a problem come this evening... I tend to think that most of the Northwest faithful will be in attendance tonight due to poor weather for bow season... Should be ruckus at Waverly Tiger Stadium tonight. Fans from both sides should leave their hand warmers, long underwear, and carhartt jackets in the truck tonight because the nets will be on fire early and often.... In a game where the scoreboard will reflect that of an old school pigskin affair, I'll take the Mohawks from Mcdermott 6-3 in the scioto redneck civil war icebowl... Watch for deer tonight everyone.... It's moving season

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

If you think Northwest scores 6 tonight then I want what you have.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:47 am If you think Northwest scores 6 tonight then I want what you have.
I would've rather received this request through private message lucas, but whatever... I guess just meet me under the bleachers by section 1A and I'll give you some... Grandpappys futbol punch!

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

I don't know if you're saying these guys are on something or that they are sick and messed up in the head. Probably both. Guys are coming out of the woodwork. :mrgreen:

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I meant --- if Northwest scores nearly that many I would be shocked. And because I care about people I don't want to overwork the Waverly EMT system due to Northwest fans who are dazed and confused by a 2-1 or 3-2 affair. The one doubt I have about Northwest is their schedule and the ease they have won and advanced. They have not been forced to ever change tactics. Can they adjust if they have to? Perhaps Webster won't force them to --- don't know. Their next opponent definitely will.

It will be interesting to see.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Don KeyPunch wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 am Sure is a lot of talk about past opponents and goals scored... But I'm more concerned with the here and now... South Webster had to of scored at least 150 goals in practice yesterday so I don't think finding the net will be a problem come this evening... I tend to think that most of the Northwest faithful will be in attendance tonight due to poor weather for bow season... Should be ruckus at Waverly Tiger Stadium tonight. Fans from both sides should leave their hand warmers, long underwear, and carhartt jackets in the truck tonight because the nets will be on fire early and often.... In a game where the scoreboard will reflect that of an old school pigskin affair, I'll take the Mohawks from Mcdermott 6-3 in the scioto redneck civil war icebowl... Watch for deer tonight everyone.... It's moving season
Boy you must really be on one if you think the Jeeps of South Webster is gonna lose a game during deer season! We've got these boys so revved up on red bulls and deer blood that they could challenge the Columbus Crew at this rate. One things for certain, the webster boys win in the hunting fields and on the soccer field! 3-0 JEEPS

Return to “Soccer”