DIII Regionals @ Waverly: South Webster vs. Northwest

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Re: DIII Regionals @ Waverly: South Webster vs. Northwest

Post by JeepCreep »

My prediction is an increase in attendance on the Northwest side since it's the first of the month. Just remember they don't accept the food stamp card at the concession stand.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Nice to see some of the posters coming out of the woodwork for this one!! With all of the light rain today, the turf is going to play very fast tonight
Last edited by 4thgoal on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Since someone mentioned football, my prediction is SW 7 and Northwest 0. Northwest fans should be used to that score since that's usually what happens shortly after kickoff at the football games.

WELD3
Waterboy

Post by WELD3 »

JeepCreep wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 pm My prediction is an increase in attendance on the Northwest side since it's the first of the month. Just remember they don't accept the food stamp card at the concession stand.
You are aware that South Webster is also from Scioto County???

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Dude I don't think half of these guys are aware of which way is up. lol

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Our apologies on that one.

I think he's just jealous because your Dollar General is bigger than ours.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

"SOFT" RED CARD ISSUED TO JEEPCREEP! WOW.... Yea everyone is from SODAH COWNTY bud so hopefully they're also accepting WIC and box tops for kids at the concessions tonight! Yea really feeling like a sloppy football friday night for this one... but if we're going to keep the football narrative going then at least be realistic.... 7-0 for Mohawk football? More like 42-zip @ intermission bro... I'll be the midfielders and strikers from the soccer team would have a field day in 7v7 drills... As for this one, too close to call... In my past experience as a high level scout for many local club teams and JUCO's I would have to narrow this one down to a few ASMPO (Advanced Statistical Measures for Predictable Outcomes)... here they are:

- A.F.P.R.S.O.T.I.[/b] (Aeronatical Force Plus Rotation Speed Off Throw Ins): Basically when its pissinn the rain you need some cheddar on that chili dog to fight through the elements... This will be a factor this evening.

- HTFR (Head To Footie Ratio): An oldie but a goodie... this will be huge on 50/50 balls to control the midfield and eventually have their opponent begging for mercy

And my personal favorite....

- UCP's (Undeniable Crowd Pleaser's): This is for all those "special" plays that have you looking at your buddy sayin "he did whaaaat" and "holy jackrabbit melons!" AKA these are the game changing moments that will surely seal the deal and a trip to the elite 8

Carltons Prediction:

Jeeps 1
NW 1
.... followed by OT and golden goal and eventually going into a PK shootout where a stalemate sends this one to a total of 19 kickers from each side with the unsung hero being someone who was just filling up water bottles seconds before...
Jeeps 14
Northwest 13
(final in 19 shootout rounds)
---- Jeeps onto the round of 8 ------ the only snowman that's good in sports ...

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

North Adams should go to Target because they had like 3 of those Red Cards last game. I hope that the ref from that game has already started his second job as Santa Claus at the local Rural King. He was terrible.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

JeepCreep wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 pm My prediction is an increase in attendance on the Northwest side since it's the first of the month. Just remember they don't accept the food stamp card at the concession stand.
Bah Gawd JeepCreep, Northwest has families!!!*

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am I look for the winner of this game tonight to play at Waverly Saturday Afternoon in the Regional Final.

Good luck to The Jeeps.
Have they picked where finals going to be played yet?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

No. But Grandview Heights girls play Lynchburg at noon Saturday. At Waverly.

If Grandview plays the winner of this one......

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

As previously stated I think DonKeypunch and Savethenight are not only drinking from the same well but also smoking from the same stash... What a bunch of goons that just start swinging their junk everywhere when theres a big game to be played.... I can't lie I usually root for the jeeps but this one has me nervous... But like Lonny Davenfart said earlier we do have the bigger dollar general in bloom township, and our cricks run wider and deeper then those ones on the adams county line... That gives the edge to Webster for this backwoods boy

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

What time does the briarpatch close? Might need to get a few big boy pops to take this one in... NW wins in a laugher

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Are they doing MLS style pk shootouts nowadays? Haven't seen a soccer game in a coons age

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Anybody have updates?

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Halftime update

SW-0
NW-0

Just as I predicted. A stalemate thus far. No one has taken grip of the keys to victory yet, but of the two NW is definitely looked more solid. Get out the fried chicken and tater salad because you may be in for a long night in pike county. When does DQ close? Feelin like a dilly bar night if the JEEPS can pull it out and a XL deer jerky blizzard if McDermott takes the bacon. Stay tuned.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

I forgot to mention that Blevins from SW got robbed of a goal in the 1st half. Questionable offsides call... at least to half the crowd.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Update on the other semi-final: Grandview Hts 3 Tuscarawas Valley 0 late in 1st half.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

There was no offsides called on the disallowed goal the center ref said Blevins interfered with the Goalie.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

16 minutes left in other semi final and Grandview Hts leading Tuscarawas Valley 5-0. Northwest/South Webster winner looks like will be playing Grandview Hts.

Return to “Soccer”