D3 Regional Final - South Webster vs. Grandview

4thgoal
SEOPS

D3 Regional Final - South Webster vs. Grandview

Post by 4thgoal »

Definitely be an uphill challenge for SW on Saturday, but once you get this far that is to be expected! How many times has SW made it to the Regional Finals? I know it is a small number, maybe 2-3? Good luck and represent the SOC!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: D3 Regional Final - South Webster vs. Grandview

Post by LucasDavenport »

2009. Defeated Berlin Hiland 3-0 in Regional Semis.

Lost to Worthington Christian 2-1 in Regional Finals.
PK with about 10 minutes to go was the decider.

04 lost to Unioto in Regional Semis. 3-2. Unioto went to Final 4 that year.

16 lost to Rosecrans 1-0 in Regional Semis. Rosecrans went to Final 4.

04 --Unioto. 15 and 16 -- Rosecrans

These are the only years since 2000 the Central District Champ hasn't gone to the final 4 from this Regional.

1998 Valley went to Final 4.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think Wheelersburg has been to the regionals 7 times and only to the regional final 2 times, but I am not sure of the years.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:29 am Definitely be an uphill challenge for SW on Saturday, but once you get this far that is to be expected! How many times has SW made it to the Regional Finals? I know it is a small number, maybe 2-3? Good luck and represent the SOC!
Plenty of uphill challenges when you live in the hills of southern ohio... this is the foundation in which the jeeps will rely on against the city boys...

some are calling this: "The City Slickers" vs. "The best little secret in Appalachia"

I'll take the blue collars over the silver spoons 2-1 in a MESSY and ROUGH contest...

Some more detailed analysis to come in the next day or two to give a better insight on GV... I've seen them a few times this year but my friends from the outer belt have watched them consistently over the years. They're already looking towards the final four I can almost bet you that much.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

I did a quick glimpse at the schedule for GV. Common opponent between Webster and GV is Zane Trace. Both with a win of 3-1.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Interesting that Grandview Hts is known as the 'city slickers'. Yes that have a lot of success in soccer in both boys and girls. Grandview Hts has large biddy program which feeds the Middle School and High School Teams. There are as many boys in the High School Soccer program than in the High School Football program. This year there were 34 kids in the football program. Grandview plays in a stadium that about 70 years old and in need of repair. There are no public restrooms at the stadium so when you attend a football or soccer game there are 3 porta pots to be used by fans. The schools district is land locked and most all kids are homegrown that live within the school limits. According to school district there are only 4 kids that are open enrolled in the high school.
I just mention the above information because Grandview is not your typical 'City Urban School'. The school district does not have new and best of everything. Besides the older stadium the basketball teams play in a old school gym that holds less than 800 people with a old school 84 foot floor.
The district has spent about a year getting input on trying to build new schools but that is at least 4 or 5 years down the line.
I know that most every school in southeastern Ohio has better school facilities than Grandview Hts; newer school building and newer athletic facilities.
Grandview Hts like most school take pride in there athletic programs. Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to give a little information on Grandview Hts. Yes they are in the big city but don't think this school typical for being in the big city.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bsee12345 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm Interesting that Grandview Hts is known as the 'city slickers'. Yes that have a lot of success in soccer in both boys and girls. Grandview Hts has large biddy program which feeds the Middle School and High School Teams. There are as many boys in the High School Soccer program than in the High School Football program. This year there were 34 kids in the football program. Grandview plays in a stadium that about 70 years old and in need of repair. There are no public restrooms at the stadium so when you attend a football or soccer game there are 3 porta pots to be used by fans. The schools district is land locked and most all kids are homegrown that live within the school limits. According to school district there are only 4 kids that are open enrolled in the high school.
I just mention the above information because Grandview is not your typical 'City Urban School'. The school district does not have new and best of everything. Besides the older stadium the basketball teams play in a old school gym that holds less than 800 people with a old school 84 foot floor.
The district has spent about a year getting input on trying to build new schools but that is at least 4 or 5 years down the line.
I know that most every school in southeastern Ohio has better school facilities than Grandview Hts; newer school building and newer athletic facilities.
Grandview Hts like most school take pride in there athletic programs. Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to give a little information on Grandview Hts. Yes they are in the big city but don't think this school typical for being in the big city.
Great post! Great little community that does things the right way, they just happen to be within Columbus.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

bsee12345 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm Interesting that Grandview Hts is known as the 'city slickers'. Yes that have a lot of success in soccer in both boys and girls. Grandview Hts has large biddy program which feeds the Middle School and High School Teams. There are as many boys in the High School Soccer program than in the High School Football program. This year there were 34 kids in the football program. Grandview plays in a stadium that about 70 years old and in need of repair. There are no public restrooms at the stadium so when you attend a football or soccer game there are 3 porta pots to be used by fans. The schools district is land locked and most all kids are homegrown that live within the school limits. According to school district there are only 4 kids that are open enrolled in the high school.
Nice post chief... While I agree with most of the post, lets not act like GVH is from the Renaissance Era or something? Are they churning butter and fetching water from the well? That actually has nothing to do with what I believe Carlton was saying (even though i have no idea really what he's saying most of the time)... To act like GVH and SW come from the same mold isn't only laughable, it's completely false. No one is questioning the program or legitimacy of their accomplishments. Carlton may be a recreational drug user and an idiot but he does have a point... Sw is the underdog and the blue collar southern boys... just to give YOU a quick lesson on SW since you gave us one on GVH... They have one of the highest percentages of free and reduced lunch populations in the state... This area and school district is ravaged by poverty, drugs, and apathy... and probably about 20% of the kids at SW have a realistic chance to even play sports with their home situations and home support (financially and in general).... So to act like GVH kids who probably all play Club soccer and have the resources to do so are anything comparable to the kids from South Webster is a joke... Now... with that said... SW will have to play the game of their lives to win, but anything can happen. No disrespect to GVH, lets just call a spade a spade

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

South Webster too, has a good youth soccer program and while SW does have one of the nicer grass soccer only surfaces in the area, the turf playing surface with lights and locker rooms at GV would be seen as more desirable to a lot of people (SW has none of those things).

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

My hope it is a great game. Both schools have a rich athletic history in the State of Ohio. The winner of South Webster/Grandview Hts will most likely have to play the real Goliath of Division III Soccer in Ohio: Summit Country Day in the State Semi-Finals.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

I'll tell you what bud all my friends from up north are saying this is gonna be the biggest butt whoopin' since Trump won the election (AMEN)

The one problem I have with this game is when I hear Grandview Heights I think it's mountains or sumthn' like that.. but heck bud them boys don't know nothing about mountains - they need to come down here to Appalachia and experience some real mountains and hills

speaking of mountains and hills, as long as our boys stay outta the woods saturday morning (it is deer season down here so totally understand if they wanna get a quick kill in before the game -- the boys gotta eat) then I like their chances. These boys down here run hills to get in shape while the Grandview boys run in dandelion fields

Rumor has it the Jeep Fuel is giving TWO CANS of Grizzly Wintergreen to EVERY Jeep fan in attendance on Saturday. I think ya'll will see the biggest crowd you'd ever seen and rumor even has it Tim Cook is starting the J-E-E-P-S chant at halftime

JEEPS 3
HEIGHTS 2

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Median home price in Grandview Heights is $367,000. If their schools are failing down and the stadium has porta pottys then someone needs a tax levy. Median family income in GVH $63,713 vs. $26,818 in SW. Apples and Oranges, boys and girls.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

My child has played and beat both teams in the past... South Webster Jeeps are a classy team, parents and fans & deserve support!! Grandview Hts parents and fans are some of the worst I have had the pleasure of cheering against....

GO JEEPS!!

Early and often, JEEPS WIN (in style) 4-1!! Good Luck at Final Four!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

It would be a great day to be a Grandview Heights Parent as their girls play Lynchburg Clay for the Regional Championship at noon on Saturday at Waverly. I imagine there must be one family with a daughter playing at noon and a son playing at 3:00. It's great they are both at Waverly.

Still hope Webster pulls this out !!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

The people disagreeing with the above poster are dead wrong... I took a road trip yesterday to see the facilities at Grandview and they were spot on. Even caught a glimpse of practice... The stadium is definitely at least 70 years old but has a "mystique" about it if you will... Good luck to both teams today.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Grandview Hts does have internet broadcast of the soccer games. Go to Grandview Hts School website; go under departments; choose athletics; when page comes up go to information on soccer games and there is a link to broadcast.

tartanterror_0eight
Waterboy

Post by tartanterror_0eight »

Hey bud we'll be more than glad to take them port-a-johns off your hands if yall get that squared away. Shoot, would be better to drop a deuce in that blue beautiful masterpiece over squattin in red wing boots in the mouth of the little scioto... PM me on here if you'd like us to take them... We take all junk.. As for the game we dont have soccer in sciotoville but I'm always pulling for the locals. Ill take the jeeps 8-6 on the successful 2-point attempt

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Continuing the theme I will make my prediction....

The Jeeps continue to ride this magical season to the final 4, while GV is dazed and confused wondering what could have been...

Jeeps 0
GV 0
-after 80 mins
---------
In OT:

Jeeps 1
GV 1
----------------
In golden goal:

Jeeps 2
GV 1

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

I think thats enough talk about tax levys, field conditions, salaries, home values, scotttie potties, and school lunches.... The jeeps are going to dish out some Cruyff Stew and open up a can of upper 90 salsa con queso on the pitch today. Going to take a complete team effort, but crazier things have happened:

-The fall of the roman empire
-The miracle on Ice
-The doug flutie hail mary
-The Minnesota election of Jesse the body Ventura
-and.... Save the Night still being allowed to post on here....

Good luck to both sides but I'll root for the Appalachian kids in this one

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Grandview leads 2-0 at the half. Sounds like the Jeeps have had some chances though.

Return to “Soccer”