Boys DIII State Semifinals

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Boys DIII State Semifinals

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Grandview scored on Summit in the 2nd minute of play.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Re: Boys DIII State Semifinals

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Summit just answered back in 6th minute. 1-1 WOOOOW

sputNICK7v7
Waterboy

Post by sputNICK7v7 »

Jeeze! Sound like a slobber nocker. Would have loved to seen Northwest play against Grandview.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Goal by the Bobcats stud #8. Grandview up 2-1 with 2 minutes left in first half

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Agreed with above poster that ponytail for Grandview is a star in the making. The crowd is a little dead here but nonetheless a good game!

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Summit just scored a couple of goals in about a 5 min span. Bobcat defense looking a little sloppy.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Summit about to take the proverbial baconator. GVH on their heels and no Cinderella in sight! One for the ages!

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

saveTHEnight wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:38 pm Summit about to take the proverbial baconator. GVH on their heels and no Cinderella in sight! One for the ages!
All I can say is too bad New Boston didn’t get a crack at these two. They’d matchup horse for horse with these pons. CHECKMATE!

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Looking like summit is going to the finals. 1 minute to to play

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Looking like another disappointing state final. Summit will handle the Lake Erie school of Toe-Balls in a PlayStation like matchup. New Boston probably would be a better game, as would most other teams that can field 11 homosapiens

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Summit just scored with open net with 7 seconds left. 4-2 silver knights

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Grandview played much better in the first half. They didn’t even look close to the same team in the second. Defense and goal keeping got a little sloppy and Summit caught fire and made them pay for it.

They’ll march into the final with 4 notches on their belt and a chance to continue the dynasty that is CSCD

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

STN were you there??? Wish I would've known. I totally agree on the play of the Grandview Bobcats. They came out in the first half looking like the State Champs of 2017. Solid movement back to front with composure and pace. Summit appeared to be outmatched and out of the finals. In the 2nd EVERYTHING changed! Summit came out looking like dynasty that they are and Gview was flat out shell shocked. The one goal they gave up in the 2nd was pretty soft with a missed clear by a defender then they keeper just got caught in no mans land. After that the breakdown ensued as the Bobcats couldn't get settled and the frustration overflowed. Not sure who "Johnny" was but everyone for Grandview was yelling and screaming for him. I thought a fight was going to break out with that throw in with 30 seconds left. Luckily the ref got the clock, players, and fans under control to keep everyone safe. It was a fun game to watch. Great season Grandview! Now it's on to the state finals with Summit (#1) against Ottawa Hills (#3). Hopefully this won't be 9-1 romping like the finals last year. See you in Columbus everyone!

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

Final was 3-2, according to OHSAA bracket. From another forum, the AR signaled for an offside on the last goal. I wasn't there so I have no idea.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

I was just going by what the scoreboard read. There was a lot going on as the game ended so I must have missed the offsides call.

Return to “Soccer”