Nelsonville-York 26 Fort Frye 20 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Scores and Updates: #4 Fort Frye vs. #1 Nelsonville-York

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

What a comeback from Fort Frye. I said earlier that I thought these were the two best teams in the region and I still believe that.

The last time NY played Coal Grove for a Regional Championship was NY’s undefeated state championship team from 1981.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: #4 Fort Frye vs. #1 Nelsonville-York

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY 26
FF 20

Final in OT

What a game!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Whew Bucks hang on for dear life! I knew this would be a close game. Congrats

efarns
S

Re: Round 2 D6 region 23 Fort Frye @ Nelsonville-York (at New Lex)

Post by efarns »

keystone123 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am Nelsonville by a touchdown
You win the pony! After all the ridiculous predictions, I have to give you props for the most accurate prognostication.

The Buckeyes did a nice job of getting regrouped for OT. Their passing game really hurt. In a lot of ways, Fort Frye got the game they wanted. They just needed one more play.

Good luck Buckeyes the rest of the way.

NYBucksFan2017
Waterboy

Post by NYBucksFan2017 »

You could say both of the extra point misses gave everyone the most anxiety in the long run

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Round 2 D6 region 23 Fort Frye @ Nelsonville-York (at New Lex)

Post by Steely Dan »

efarns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:49 pm
keystone123 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am Nelsonville by a touchdown
You win the pony! After all the ridiculous predictions, I have to give you props for the most accurate prognostication.

The Buckeyes did a nice job of getting regrouped for OT. Their passing game really hurt. In a lot of ways, Fort Frye got the game they wanted. They just needed one more play.

Good luck Buckeyes the rest of the way.
Great recap efarns. Couldn't have said it better myself. What a great effort by FF, they were so close. Best of luck to the Buckeyes as they move forward. Great season for Fort Frye.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I just got home and didn't have my phone.

First off, hats off to Fort Frye. They played a heck of a game tonight. They kept grinding and grinding until they were able to take advantage of some opportunities.

Hats off to the Buckeyes. When the momentum swung the didn't get down and kept at it.
Colt Yinger was not going to be denied in OT!
I almost had a stroke and it took me a while to walk back to the car :lol:
We are 12-0!!!!
LETS GO 13-0!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FortheWin
Riding the Bench

Post by FortheWin »

Thought I would have a heart attack tonight. I survived.
At the risk of sounding like something a sore loser....NY earned the win, but not my respect. I saw way to many cheap shots, whining to the refs, and mouth running including in the post game handshake. Glad that NY is not a program my children participate in.
Not sure Nelsonville is used to playing an entire 4 quarters. Better get ready for next week.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Well 3 weeks ago against Vinton County was a 4 quarter game. 2 weeks ago against Athens was close going into the 4th. They've had close games. Now they do play with an edge, but I feel at times its a little much. Each week gets harder and harder. If they don't nip it some, it could hurt them.

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

Ftw you sound like a sore loser no matter how you try to sugar coat it.all I heard in the bathroom at halftime was whining and how ff shouldve done this or that but we were cheating so they weren't able to execute.now with that being said to be the best you've gotta beat the best.you lost get over it and get ready for basketball season......also one last thing:heard someone say that the kicker on the last kick wasn't the same kicker? Now who in their right mind changes kickers in that situation?
Answer: probably a coach who couldn't beat the BUCKEYES!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Heck of a game tonight. Hats off to Fort Frye, heck of a team and program. Good crowd also. I will say this, from reading these post. I was able to here the Fort Frye cordinators all night talking about our kids, specially when Keegan asked to come out of the game, when they cheap shotted him in the back of the neck when he was already on the ground. I could say much more but I will not. Don’t want to ruin a great game by stuff that don’t matter, but will defend my team. As for playing 4 quarters quarters, we are 12-0 for a reason. Again hats off to Fort Frye, heck of a program, and game. Go Bucks!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye did hit them in the mouth. Wish they would of just smashed in from the 1 because the run game was rolling. Nelsonville is the fastest team we saw wish Fort would of ran a cover 2. All Maiden had to do is check off the safety and chuck it. It was one of the best games ive ever been to so much fun a dream come true. Bet a ton of these people predicting blowouts feel a little silly. Fort controlled the line of scrimmage and stopped the run most of the night. Bradford had one of the more impressive 4th Qts he dominated. Wonder why he didn’t touch it in the first half or overtime. That’s enough 2nd guessing. Shoutout to my team they made me so proud and they earned my respect. Fort returns a ton and could be one the favorites next year.

Returning
QB Tate Engle
RB/CB Tyler Fisher
FB/LB Evan Schob
WR/CB Brady Schilling
LB- Brendon Huck
DT/OG Isiah Jones
LB- Caden Fryman
LB/TE/RB Dreaden Turner
QB/WR/DB Brian Atkins
DT /OT Roundy Rhodes
Just to name a few.

Shoutout to Srs
SB/LB Tyler Bradford
TE/DE Jesse McLeod
DE/OT Logan Isner
C/DT Zach Schilling
G/DT Tyson Miller
KR/WR Braden Henniger
OT/DT Cameron Camp

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

turd ferguson wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 am Ftw you sound like a sore loser no matter how you try to sugar coat it.all I heard in the bathroom at halftime was whining and how ff shouldve done this or that but we were cheating so they weren't able to execute.now with that being said to be the best you've gotta beat the best.you lost get over it and get ready for basketball season......also one last thing:heard someone say that the kicker on the last kick wasn't the same kicker? Now who in their right mind changes kickers in that situation?
Answer: probably a coach who couldn't beat the BUCKEYES!

Way to stay classy

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just got to laugh at some of the NY Fans and the crazy predictions they made. Most of you guys seriously thought the Buckeyes were going to roll over Fort like they were a MAC school playing the Buckeyes. Hope most of you understand that stuff is used for motivation. All we told the kids all week was they don’t respect you.

NYHS18
Waterboy

Post by NYHS18 »

Thought they had the best defense in Seo?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NYHS18 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 am Thought they had the best defense in Seo?
Are you still trying to trash Fort Frye? Also don’t think anyone said that. They were 3rd in the state is all anyone said. Most predicted running clock and 50 point victories.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Congrats to NY and good luck next week.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

That's bc MOST of the people on here have zero idea about football. NY was the better team tonight. FF was very good. I thought both teams played a fairly clean game as far as cheap shots. Both sides had very passionate fans. A lot of penalties tonight. Buckeyes will have to clean that up before next week. I think the better team won tonight, but Fort gave the Buckeyes all they could handle. Good luck next week against CG.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This game was instant classic it was a great game. Fort wore the Buckeyes down if they just go for 2 from 1 doubt Buckeyes stop them. Is NY the better team yes but not by much. Fort was more phyiscal tonignt.

NYBucksFan2017
Waterboy

Post by NYBucksFan2017 »

Come on NY Fans stop shooting down a team we we barely beat, I predicted a 21-14 win but to predict something like 42-7 which I saw is insane Fort Frye and Nelsonville are the top two teams in the region and just because we were able to pull out the W against Fort Frye that doesn't mean we can go nuts and predict these insane scores over Coal Grove if we come in with a big head like I think our team did the 2nd half we will get our buts kicked we were lucky that Fort missed their PAT. If we come in thinking we are going up against the best team ever I think we will do way better. I don't like reading posts about crappy NY fans when we have the people to create a good community even with the opposing team. I'm not saying we can't throw shade but just know when enough is enough. Congrats to Fort Frye on an amazing season.NUFF Said

Return to “Football”