Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

14svt
JV Team

Re: #3 Johnstown Monroe vs. #2West

Post by 14svt »

Thank you I get to head of myself and I have to quit bashing people
Props to West

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Much like I expected it to be.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Now on to Burg

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Worst of luck Jtown hope burg kills ya :)

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Congrats to Johnstown on the win
Congrats to West on a great season
Hope you continue to be back on track.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Great season West...very impressed with what coach Johnson is doing. Sure you would have taken a 10-2 season if offered in July. Glad to see things going in the right direction! Now hit the weights, Will see you week 10 next year...

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Johnstown has an outstanding team. Speed everywhere and we didn't tackle very well tonight and that is a bad combination. Congrats on the win,the better team won tonight.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I knew JM had a good history in football.
I wasn't aware that last year JM was D4. That makes more sense on the size of the band and numbers of players. They have evidently got bumped down a division when the private schools got moved up with competitive balance.

Last year in 2016 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 10-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the second round of the playoffs 26 to 8. Steubenville lost by 3 to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship.

In 2015 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 12-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the third round of the playoffs. Steubenville lost again to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship by 3.

In 2014 as Division 4 Johnstown was 8-3 and lost a close game to Steubenville in the playoffs. Steubenville lost in the State Semifinals.

So basically the seniors on Johnstown were very experienced in the Division 4 playoffs. If you ever go to the State Championships there is a big difference from Division 4 to Division 5. There is no shame loosing to Johnstown. West needs to use this experience and come back stronger next year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am I knew JM had a good history in football.
I wasn't aware that last year JM was D4. That makes more sense on the size of the band and numbers of players. They have evidently got bumped down a division when the private schools got moved up with competitive balance.

Last year in 2016 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 10-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the second round of the playoffs 26 to 8. Steubenville lost by 3 to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship.

In 2015 as Division 4 Johnstown had a 12-1 record and they lost to Steubenville in the third round of the playoffs. Steubenville lost again to Bishop Hartley in the State Championship by 3.

In 2014 as Division 4 Johnstown was 8-3 and lost a close game to Steubenville in the playoffs. Steubenville lost in the State Semifinals.

So basically the seniors on Johnstown were very experienced in the Division 4 playoffs. If you ever go to the State Championships there is a big difference from Division 4 to Division 5. There is no shame loosing to Johnstown. West needs to use this experience and come back stronger next year.
Not sure there is that big of a difference. Bishop Hartley said they were glad to get moved to D4. That way they could win state without Coldwater being in the picture.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Sweeper23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm West is getting man handled by the running game. They come up with a play every time we are in position to make a stop. Major halftime adjustments or this one gets out of hand.

I agree! Coach Johnson needs to light a fire under their *** or this one is going to get wayyyyyy out of control. From not being able to keep the sideline under control to getting pushed around on both sides of the ball, West needs to get it together immediately in the second half or this one is over. JM starts the half with the ball, West needs a solid stop on defense to get the half started right.
What is going on with the side lines? I thought them type issues were in the past!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well I have to ask after all the complaining all week long about the location, how did the ZT stadium hold up for the crowd??

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Game day wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:30 am
Sweeper23 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm West is getting man handled by the running game. They come up with a play every time we are in position to make a stop. Major halftime adjustments or this one gets out of hand.

I agree! Coach Johnson needs to light a fire under their *** or this one is going to get wayyyyyy out of control. From not being able to keep the sideline under control to getting pushed around on both sides of the ball, West needs to get it together immediately in the second half or this one is over. JM starts the half with the ball, West needs a solid stop on defense to get the half started right.
What is going on with the side lines? I thought them type issues were in the past!
Nothing
West didn't have a penalty other than a sideline warning before a punt

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 am Well I have to ask after all the complaining all week long about the location, how did the ZT stadium hold up for the crowd??
It was very small The band had to stand up the whole game
ZT field was nice
But very small facility to hold a playoff game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 am Well I have to ask after all the complaining all week long about the location, how did the ZT stadium hold up for the crowd??
It was very small The band had to stand up the whole game
ZT field was nice
But very small facility to hold a playoff game
So it held all the fans then??

14svt
JV Team

Re: Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Post by 14svt »

No I see they brought in some portables but still didn’t seat well

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 am
Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am I knew JM had a good history in football.

Not sure there is that big of a difference. Bishop Hartley said they were glad to get moved to D4. That way they could win state without Coldwater being in the picture.
For the same reason, I'm sure Steubenville is glad Hartley got moved to D3. Now they can win state without losing in the finals by a field goal every year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

JM was simply too much, good game to attend. Congrats to West on a nice season.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

It was a full house with lots of people standing along the fence. I will give major props to the people of ZT they brought out the hospitality. It was a nice touch to offer shuttle rides from the parking to the stadium.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 am
It was a full house with lots of people standing along the fence. I will give major props to the people of ZT they brought out the hospitality. It was a nice touch to offer shuttle rides from the parking to the stadium.
Oh that is pretty nice, maybe between now and next year they'll add some more seating. I know when I watched Waverly and ZT play when they first opened the field had to walk a marathon to get there so shuttle service is a really nice touch especially given the weather. Good to hear that.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After all was said and done the better team won.Take nothing away from West they had a nice season.

Return to “Football”