2018 Southeastern Ohio Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: 2018

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

hsfbfan wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm Wellston loses mr.everything jayjohn they lose graham and a few other good starters. Only time will tell replacing jayjohn will be tough but believe that will fall in the hands of molihan
My 2018 projected starting offense
QB-RJ Kemp-Sophomore
TE-Donnie Watters-Senior
RT-Josh Bodey-Junior
RG-Jack Sulzer-Senior
C-Nate Frisby-Senior
LG-Zach Howell-Junior
LT-Blake Clagg-Senior
TE-Garrett Patton-Junior
FB-Nick Davis-Senior or Jonathon Garvin-Sophomore or Jacob Baisden-Junior
WB-JJ Bird-Junior
TB-Rylan Molihan-Junior
also love seeing all that youth

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

Trimble will be returning a lot. They have 4 seniors this year, so the majority of the players will be returning.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown returns 15 players that started at least 1 game this season in their two platoon system:
6 starters on offense (QB, RB, FB, OG, OT, OT) plus one rotational WR/TE and a OG that started one game and will get one OL back from taking a year off to focus on academics)
5 on defense (DE, DT, DE, ILB, DB,) plus an ILB and DB that at least started in a game and rotate in.
Of the 8 returners on offense 6 of them have some varsity experience on Defense.
Of the 8 returners on defense two have some experience on offense.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Symmes Valley loses a big class for a small school. Webb will have them competitbe though

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

If Portsmouth hires those idiots from the other thread they will have a perfect season....

0-10

:lol:

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Sideliner wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:56 pm Trimble will be returning a lot. They have 4 seniors this year, so the majority of the players will be returning.
Plus they get back Brooks and Coffman from ACL injury. Dixon and Fouts will be big contributors as Sophmores plus a very talented incoming Freshman class.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Although it only matters at playoff time here is from Belmont County. St.Clairsville returned 7 on O and 9 on D. This from a St C poster on another site. Shadyside returns much of there team. Bellaire will be very good as they started 6 sophs and one freshman with 4 more sophs as the first off the bench Bell does lose their 3 year starter at QB , but may start another 9th grader there next season. Martin's Ferry and Union Local lose quite a lot.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am
Omega wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm I believe Waverly graduates their two main cogs, Howell and Kritwizer, along with maybe 10 other seniors. The question becomes has Waverly's program evolved enough to where they can reload for another winning season or do they go into a rebuilding cycle?
I think it'll be interesting to see how next season goes, I could see it going either way. My hope is that we are able to more or less reload rather than rebuild, but that can be difficult at the high school level. Some freshman and sophomores have gotten some great experience this year, especially since the Tigers have had the injury bug all season in different positions. I know the JV team did pretty well this year as well as the 8th grade team. Whether or not the kids can transition that success to the varsity level is yet to be determined. I'm excited to see what the Shanks boy can do at QB, assuming he's the one who takes over, I've heard some good things about him but haven't seen him play personally. As far as replacing Kritzy, my guess would be maybe Brooker, but their could be some other boys who could step up and take some snaps and I just may not be aware of the options.
Waverly loses several key players who were instrumental to back to back playoff appearances. However, the Tigers return some key players as well.
The key to Waverly's future success is not who they return NEXT year but what they do to continually get better and how do they get to the next level? That next level is competing with the Wheelersburg's, Nelsonville's, Germantown Valleyview's.
What I am excited to hear is Waverly has reached out to sources that will give these student athletes the opportunity to maximize their strength and conditioning. The physical difference between GVV and Waverly was obvious. GVV was bigger, stronger & faster. Waverly is taking measures to give their athletes every opportunity to get better, bigger, stronger, faster. Results wont happen overnight but if everyone buys into it we should see results in the near future.

Emawood
Waterboy

Post by Emawood »

Gallia Academy brings back all its offensive production and most of the 0-line. The kicking game and defense was the issue on this 5-5 football team that started as many as 3 freshman on defense. The off season will be the key to the success in 2018, If the younger kids buy in the Blue Devils will be in the hunt for the league.

Lancer
Waterboy

Post by Lancer »

Fed is STACKED

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Lancer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am Fed is STACKED
at??

AT THE RESERVATION
Lancer
Waterboy

Post by Lancer »

1987chieftains wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 am
Lancer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am Fed is STACKED
at??
every position.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

ok........

AT THE RESERVATION
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:36 pm ok........
To many Over the counters i believe lol from ole lancer

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i guess..

AT THE RESERVATION
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm I believe Waverly graduates their two main cogs, Howell and Kritwizer, along with maybe 10 other seniors. The question becomes has Waverly's program evolved enough to where they can reload for another winning season or do they go into a rebuilding cycle?
I think it'll be interesting to see how next season goes, I could see it going either way. My hope is that we are able to more or less reload rather than rebuild, but that can be difficult at the high school level. Some freshman and sophomores have gotten some great experience this year, especially since the Tigers have had the injury bug all season in different positions. I know the JV team did pretty well this year as well as the 8th grade team. Whether or not the kids can transition that success to the varsity level is yet to be determined. I'm excited to see what the Shanks boy can do at QB, assuming he's the one who takes over, I've heard some good things about him but haven't seen him play personally. As far as replacing Kritzy, my guess would be maybe Brooker, but their could be some other boys who could step up and take some snaps and I just may not be aware of the options.
Waverly loses several key players who were instrumental to back to back playoff appearances. However, the Tigers return some key players as well.
The key to Waverly's future success is not who they return NEXT year but what they do to continually get better and how do they get to the next level? That next level is competing with the Wheelersburg's, Nelsonville's, Germantown Valleyview's.
What I am excited to hear is Waverly has reached out to sources that will give these student athletes the opportunity to maximize their strength and conditioning. The physical difference between GVV and Waverly was obvious. GVV was bigger, stronger & faster. Waverly is taking measures to give their athletes every opportunity to get better, bigger, stronger, faster. Results wont happen overnight but if everyone buys into it we should see results in the near future.
I'm also hearing Waverly is trying to start up wrestling which will help.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West returns alot of Juniors that will be 3 year starters including most of the skill players. Get a couple good players back from injury. Freshman class has alot of speed. Need to rebuild the offensive and defensive lines but there are some pieces that have played defense. Think team speed will be better. Look for a big offseason in the weight room. More than talent the culture is just much different than it was and that promotes winning. Younger players got a taste of it this year and I think you'll see West continue to improve.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 pm
It's whats needed to get to the next level. Clinton Massie has a phenomenal strength and conditioning program. They have some videos of their offseason stuff on youtube. It's a big reason they were able to compete with, and eventually overpower Valley View.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye should be fantastic in 2018

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 pm Fort Frye should be fantastic in 2018
I would say they could be the favorite for region 23 next year. Newark Catholic and Stubenville CC are always wildcards, but with what Fort has coming back, next year could be special for them.

Return to “Football”