Scrimmages

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Scrimmages

Post by mlittle »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm Piketon looks better when the freshman is in the game.

South Point looks like the best basketball team
Little is a stud, he will be a very special player.
Thank you! Little still has some football legs and is adjusting to varsity speed. Will take him several more weeks to get adjusted

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Watched the Jackson, South Point, Piketon scrimmage tonight.

Jackson has some nice players; definitely missing some players injured from football. Athletic, but injury bug has definitely affected them it appears.

South Point has a nice PG, and they rebound well. They are scrappy, but don't know how well they will fair in the OVC. My thoughts (my opinion), they are going to struggle a bit against the likes of Fairland, Portsmouth, Coal Grove, and Ironton.

Piketon looked good at times and sloppy at times. I agree with previous post; they have a lot of nice pieces and they too are playing with 2 starters out and recovering from injury bug. Spoke to one of the Piketon coaches and he said they were trying to throw in some things to look at at. Some combos, some new looks, and give some guys an opportunity to work on some things. I thought they looked a little tired late in the scrimmage. However, they looked fast in the first two quarters when they were pressing both Jackson and South Point. The freshman kid is going to be a nice player, but I did think he looked tired as was mentioned. There is definitely a difference in speed and physicality at varsity level.

I've seen Piketon twice now, and I feel they are maybe one of the most underrated teams. Perdue can get it going in a hurry. (Perdue hit a nice 3 to tie with Jackson in 4th quarter with kid grabbing his ankles. He didn't have a great day, but those won't happen often)

Jackson- have some players, but concerned their injuries may hamper them in D2. Gotta have horses, and not sure night in and night out they will hold up.

S. Point- they'll miss the transferred player(s), but they do play hard! Coach did a nice job being undermanned against the Piketon team. They play with a chip on their shoulder.

One thing for certain...glad basketball season is here!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Like last year, Logan will be headed to Thomas Worthington for a scrimmage on Friday. Last year there was on oodle of Central Ohio teams there, I'm not sure who will be there this year. But, it should be a nice test in a number of scrimmages on Friday for the Chiefs.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 am Like last year, Logan will be headed to Thomas Worthington for a scrimmage on Friday. Last year there was on oodle of Central Ohio teams there, I'm not sure who will be there this year. But, it should be a nice test in a number of scrimmages on Friday for the Chiefs.
Good test of your Chieftains . They will know how they stand with CENTRAL OHIO TALENT..Good Luck!!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon's next scrimmage is this Saturday 11/18 @ Logan Elm 10:30

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

I believe Minford goes to Unioto Friday night.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Any updates on the Athens/Unioto scrimmage?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm Any updates on the Athens/Unioto scrimmage?
WCH was also there. Unioto won all 3 of the quarters against Athens and 2 of the 3 against WCH. I only saw 2 of the quarters between Athens and WCH, but Athens won both. Not that results really matter right now. All 3 have stuff to work on and should all have nice seasons. All are well coached and will get into you defensively. Fun scrimmage to watch.

Athens - young, but long and athletic. 2 nice juniors who will likely carry the scoring for them. They lost a great player to graduation, so that's going to be something that will be tough to replace, but they should be pretty good.

Unioto - the guard play was outstanding, which is to be expected, but the new faces didn't show much yet. I think they'll be fine depth wise, just have to get used to the varsity speed. I expect some growth in their 2nd scrimmage tomorrow. On ball defense was really fun to watch.

Washington - 3 really nice pieces, plus some other good athletes. Not much height, but as always, they still find ways to rebound. They'll be a fun team to watch grow and mature throughout the season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:01 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm Any updates on the Athens/Unioto scrimmage?
WCH was also there. Unioto won all 3 of the quarters against Athens and 2 of the 3 against WCH. I only saw 2 of the quarters between Athens and WCH, but Athens won both. Not that results really matter right now. All 3 have stuff to work on and should all have nice seasons. All are well coached and will get into you defensively. Fun scrimmage to watch.

Athens - young, but long and athletic. 2 nice juniors who will likely carry the scoring for them. They lost a great player to graduation, so that's going to be something that will be tough to replace, but they should be pretty good.

Unioto - the guard play was outstanding, which is to be expected, but the new faces didn't show much yet. I think they'll be fine depth wise, just have to get used to the varsity speed. I expect some growth in their 2nd scrimmage tomorrow. On ball defense was really fun to watch.

Washington - 3 really nice pieces, plus some other good athletes. Not much height, but as always, they still find ways to rebound. They'll be a fun team to watch grow and mature throughout the season.
Thank you for the post Danicalifornia!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 am Like last year, Logan will be headed to Thomas Worthington for a scrimmage on Friday. Last year there was on oodle of Central Ohio teams there, I'm not sure who will be there this year. But, it should be a nice test in a number of scrimmages on Friday for the Chiefs.
2009 ,I will be in C-bus Friday( Today) , What time does the scrimmage start ? Like to get a view of the Chieftains . Saw them last summer.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

LogangradKD wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 am Fed Hock will scrimmage @ Portsmouth ND Saturday, home vs Glenwood on Nov 14 and @ Chilly Huntington on Nov 18.
How did the scrimmages with Portsmouth Notre Dame and Glenwood go?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll be watching the Southeastern/Whiteoak/South Gallia scrimmage tomorrow at Southeastern.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

falcon117 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm I believe Minford goes to Unioto Friday night.
Unioto was down a big, but I thought it was a good scrimmage for both teams.

Minford's pressure will both a lot of teams they play this year and they have some nice size too. Thought they ran their offense really well overall, just not a lot of openings tonight. I can definitely see them making some noise in D3 this season. Good luck to the Falcons!

Unioto mixed in a lot more guys tonight and they looked much more comfortable the 2nd time out. Really good half court defense overall and some more active offense as well. Excited to see how the youngins fare at Vinton County on Tuesday.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Thought Minford came to play tonight vs the U. Impressed by their great effort against a very talented Unioto team. Coach Shoemaker (I believe is his name) does a nice job with his teams each year I see them.

Noticed there was a 'big' missing for The U tonight? I've heard some rumors, but don't want to speculate on unproven information . Still, if so and it would be true, Unioto still very solid, but would definitely be an impact.

Also, heard PV was at Portsmouth tonight against Waverly/Portsmouth. Any updates how the PV and the Swingle kid played?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly lost the first ten minutes to Portsmouth. Won the next five including all three over Paint Valley. Beat Portsmouth handily n the other two. That was with two starters still out. Portsmouth won the first two against Paint Valley. Left before the last one between Portsmouth and Paint Valley. Swingle looked decent. PV couldn't handle Waverly or Portsmouths defensive pressure!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm
2009 ,I will be in C-bus Friday( Today) , What time does the scrimmage start ? Like to get a view of the Chieftains . Saw them last summer.
Sorry about that T&F, didn't get to you in time!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 pm
That's OK , I posted late out of a chance to take in some hoops . Will see the Chieftains Dec 1st. Thanks for reply. Did you make to the scrimmage ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 pm
That's OK , I posted late out of a chance to take in some hoops . Will see the Chieftains Dec 1st. Thanks for reply. Did you make to the scrimmage ?
No I didn't, I live out of state, so I don't get to see a ton in person.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Chiefs will scrimmage Groveport-Madison at home this morning.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Today scrimmage will be varsity girls and then the boys will play. I think the boys will play around 1 or 2 today.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Boys Basketball”