State Semi Finals: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: #9 Middletown Madison v #1 Wheelersburg State Semifinal

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 pm Game is at Chillicothe again!!
That's pretty impressive to be this deep into the state playoffs and being able to play at Chillicothe. Offensively with Madison being a run heavy team will play into the matchup strength of Burg. Defensively though have to be VERY impressed with what Madison done against West Jefferson, they beat down West Jeff 42-7 and from what I was reading West Jeff came into the game with over 2,600 passing and 2,300 rushing yards on the season, so to shut that down they must be playing some really good ball at the right time. Congrats to Burg on advancing to this point and good luck represent SEO well.
West Jeff also had 5 turnovers. QB threw 4 picks and also fumbled. 2 were pick 6’s
OUCH, yeah not going to win any games this deep in the playoffs with those numbers. Like to see the film see if it was defense or was it the QB. Not really crazy about Madison's overall schedule aside from the win against West Jefferson, see they dropped down from being in DIV the last 2 years. I love the Burgs run defense and think they're heading into a state semifinal against a team not typically known for finding themselves in these games and I give Burg the edge in terms of being here before. Going to take Burg 28-7 range

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

One more stop in Chilli before driving by there next week on our way to up North. We need to be careful if we are throwing it, can't give them anything cheap, play clean turnover free game and we will take care of business.

Defensively we should control LOS again.

31-10.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 am

That's pretty impressive to be this deep into the state playoffs and being able to play at Chillicothe. Offensively with Madison being a run heavy team will play into the matchup strength of Burg. Defensively though have to be VERY impressed with what Madison done against West Jefferson, they beat down West Jeff 42-7 and from what I was reading West Jeff came into the game with over 2,600 passing and 2,300 rushing yards on the season, so to shut that down they must be playing some really good ball at the right time. Congrats to Burg on advancing to this point and good luck represent SEO well.
West Jeff also had 5 turnovers. QB threw 4 picks and also fumbled. 2 were pick 6’s
OUCH, yeah not going to win any games this deep in the playoffs with those numbers. Like to see the film see if it was defense or was it the QB. Not really crazy about Madison's overall schedule aside from the win against West Jefferson, see they dropped down from being in DIV the last 2 years. I love the Burgs run defense and think they're heading into a state semifinal against a team not typically known for finding themselves in these games and I give Burg the edge in terms of being here before. Going to take Burg 28-7 range
West Jeff coach said it was the pass rush in his interview. The qb has previously thrown for over 2800 yards. So I doubt it was him.

I like Burgs chances in this one. Had they not been up 35, I doubt JM would have scored. I think that will hold true for Madison too. I can see Burg shutting their run game down as well and forcing them to throw the ball. Madison runs a full house offense. A little misdirection, but mostly run straight at the defense.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Well, if there have been any doubters about the Burg, I believe they should be convinced now the only thing that will stop this Burg team will be themselves. At this point, unless they have an off night, this team is full steam ahead. It has been great to watch this play out since the summer. I believe in the Burg we knew this was going to be a special group of kids. Now we definitely know. GO BURG!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg run defense has been incredible all year. Ask the 5 Columbus area teams. Burg offense has so many weapons teams can’t defend them all. Burg special teams puts teams in whatever field position they want them to be in. All 3 units are outstanding. The depth from a D5 team is unmatched. The coaching is superb. There are upcoming D1 athletes on this team and not are all in football. The doubters and haters will continue. With the other remaining 3 teams being run dominated offenses, I see Burg playing a week from this coming Friday night. One game at a time.

Go Burg!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

I bet Chillicothe is loving having three Burg games in a row $$$! Good luck Pirates keep taking care of business!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Mikenmike wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:50 am I bet Chillicothe is loving having three Burg games in a row $$$! Good luck Pirates keep taking care of business!
Hell yes we are! This is great! A state semi in our home town? Yes please!

Will be there again next Friday. Will be sitting on the visitor side this week though. Those milk jugs have to be the most annoying thing ever. Something I️ can’t get behind is a grown man shaking a noise maker lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES. WHAT IS MIDDLETOWN'S NICKNAME AND RECORD.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:10 am
Mikenmike wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:50 am I bet Chillicothe is loving having three Burg games in a row $$$! Good luck Pirates keep taking care of business!
Hell yes we are! This is great! A state semi in our home town? Yes please!

Will be there again next Friday. Will be sitting on the visitor side this week though. Those milk jugs have to be the most annoying thing ever. Something I️ can’t get behind is a grown man shaking a noise maker lol.
Or in front of or beside. Lol
Last edited by Jolly P(irate) on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I am not sure I have ever seen a State Semi-Final team who lost to a 1-9 team, Monroe who beat Madison 27-13.

Madison is 11-2. They played four teams with 1-9 records. They finished #2 in their region.

They have scored a LOT of points this year and Burg Defense will need to be up to the Challenge! Can't take any team lightly at this time!

GO BURG

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I am not finding anything on the OHSAA website yet about the site of this game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:11 am CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES. WHAT IS MIDDLETOWN'S NICKNAME AND RECORD.
madison senior mohawks. they are 11-2 on the season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Did you look at West Jeffersons schedule? They went 9-0 and yet finished 5th in the region. They played two teams with winning records all season. They played ONE Division 5 school all season and the rest were DVI or DVII. Doesn't surprise me at all that they had stats like that for the regular season and that they got blew out last night.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

had the privilege last of meeting chillicothe grad and pro football player in germany for the augsburg raptors shay netter. i've been friends with him for a couple yrs on fb but never had the chance to meet him yet. he's a pretty cool guy

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I can't see any team beating Burg. State Championship for them is my prediction

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

One game at a time Pirates. Take care of business again this Friday

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Just the little bit I’ve seen it seemed like West Jeff’s QB had his mind made up as to where he was throwing before the play was ran. He looked like he tried to force a lot passes that shouldn’t of been thrown. I also noticed that West Jeff had some success early on with underneath routes swing passes and such which is an area in which Wheelersburg excels greatly.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Every team Burg has faced has not played against a run defense like Burgs. I don't see this game being any different. JM learned last night how great that defense is.

Burg's offense is just a different animal. It was funny to watch JM's secondary when Holden would line up on one side by himself there would be three guys leaning his way and of course that left someone open and Burg exposed that. The short swing passes are just as good as a run if you can get 6-9 yards out of them on any down.

I will be shocked and applaud any team that is run heavy and they can beat this Pirate team.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just watched highlights from last night West Jeff/Madison game. They don't have near the speed of JM and Burg throttled that run offense. West Jeff's defense was horrible

Is it Friday yet????

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:18 am Just watched highlights from last night West Jeff/Madison game. They don't have near the speed of JM and Burg throttled that run offense. West Jeff's defense was horrible

Is it Friday yet????
I agree not near the speed. Yes West Jeff’s defense was horrendous.

Return to “Football”