Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by LucasDavenport »

Kirtland has won with this style as well

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

One of these days the teams up north will realize you can't be one dimensional . They will catch up one of these days .

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 pm One of these days the teams up north will realize you can't be one dimensional . They will catch up one of these days .
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hilliard Davidson is another team that relies heavily on the run and has won a couple championships recently.
As I recall there was a team up river from Wheelersburg that used to only throw it on the 2nd Friday of the month and they won a few games.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I don’t think will be a contest.
I’ll take Burg -27

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: #9 Middletown Madison v #1 Wheelersburg State Semifinal

Post by Rolltanks »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 am Every team Burg has faced has not played against a run defense like Burgs. I don't see this game being any different. JM learned last night how great that defense is.

Burg's offense is just a different animal. It was funny to watch JM's secondary when Holden would line up on one side by himself there would be three guys leaning his way and of course that left someone open and Burg exposed that. The short swing passes are just as good as a run if you can get 6-9 yards out of them on any down.

I will be shocked and applaud any team that is run heavy and they can beat this Pirate team.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

The only team I have witness that is run heavy and has won it all is Clinton Massie. U know it and teams can’t stop it, thank God they are in different division. I respect CM for being so tough playing anybody during regular season, they play up! This team we are playing isn’t CM. I see Madison working on passing this week after scouting last night. You just need some kind of passing or ur done with 10 in box.
I’ve seen many 90-10 run heavy teams win state titles. Off the top of my head.....

Massie
Delphos St. John’s
Coldwater (with hoying)
Mooney
Hartley
Hilliard
Kirkland
Norwayne

I would have to check some programs for more I know I’m missing a lot. If I had to guess I would say counting all divisions the ratio of balanced teams with at least 1000 yard passer have won only slightly more titles than teams with a 90-10 run offense. Maybe change the 1000 yard to pass attempts instead. Some of those teams did have 1000 yard passers but it was just huge plays not repeated attempts. Side note though I have only seen one team at 90-10 pass win state that was Kenton in 01 and 02 also runner up in 2011

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

:lol:
ManitouDan2 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 pm One of these days the teams up north will realize you can't be one dimensional . They will catch up one of these days .
I may be wrong but I think Dan is being sarcastic here lol. If so I’m picking up what your putting down Manitou! :lol:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was talking to a friend of mine from the Burg at the game last night. I was telling him we are probably watching the best all around team to ever come out of Scioto county. Very impressive to watch.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 pm Was talking to a friend of mine from the Burg at the game last night. I was telling him we are probably watching the best all around team to ever come out of Scioto county. Very impressive to watch.
I have to agree

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Madison runs a wing t offense and I do believe if Burg plays disciplined on D like they did against JM we should stop Mohawks running game. Burg just needs to stay focused and penalty free which they did a good job of that against JM. IMO I see Burg winning this one so lets just hope for an injury free game. And a big shout out to the Chillicothe staff who has been great cant wait to head back to Chilli friday to support THE BURG!

Burg grad 85
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

The coach I believe Is from Wheelersburg played at Wheelersburg , Brian White I believe.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Hillard Davidson I should have added

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

callie15 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 pm The coach I believe Is from Wheelersburg played at Wheelersburg , Brian White I believe.
Who is he coaching?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 pm Was talking to a friend of mine from the Burg at the game last night. I was telling him we are probably watching the best all around team to ever come out of Scioto county. Very impressive to watch.
You have a friend? 😂. Sorry that was too easy. My bad. I think they are one of the best. There were some Ironton bruisers who can lay claim to that too.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Brian White a 86 grad is the Head Coach of Hilliard Davidson.

They've won 2 D1 state championships in his time.

Went for 2 to win both! Once in Double OT and the other late in 4th quarter. Defeated Mentor and Glenville--- probably without throwing a pass.

He is a Herms Hill boy.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm
You have a friend? 😂. Sorry that was too easy. My bad. I think they are one of the best. There were some Ironton bruisers who can lay claim to that too.
That's why I said Scioto county. I know Ironton had some good ones.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Of course you can be one dimensional, until you play a team that can stop whatever dimension you are. When that happens, it’s never good. Case in point was past week when burg had to run the ball in power because Academy took away the pass.

But here’s the skinny on all this, burg has a run defense that mirrors D1 play. I personally haven’t seen a run defense like this in person. I’ve watched D1 teams do this on the field but not d5. It looked at times like burg had 16 guys in the game

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 pm
You’re right. I just read right over top of that. 😂

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Burg cruises into the finals. Pushes their school's record in games played in Chillicothe to like 50-2 since 2007 lol

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 pm

I know you just like to give Westsiders a hard time. :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:19 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 pm
I know you just like to give Westsiders a hard time. :lol:
😂. True. But honest mistake I read right over it.

Return to “Football”