State Semi Finals: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10

14U
S

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by 14U »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am
Bdawg79 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am
They have been right all year though... if burg was playing st. X or something I would predict a running clock the other way.. it’s not classless.. it’s an informed opinion.
I don’t care who the burg plays in the state of Ohio I couldn’t see anyone putting a running clock on the burg this year defense way to talented for that they could be beat but no running clock
I think there are probably 10-15 teams if not more in Ohio that are capable of putting a running clock on the burg. Bigger schools are a totally different animal.

Who could start saying this? Lmao!! People burg is good for a d-V team but don’t go over board with anybody in State they would put running clock on them. This sounds like something a student would say!!! If burg was in the MAC they would be with up to 1-3 loses a year, with those coming in conference!! Before u guys start have u ever went and watched the conference play? I have. Every year their conference sends 2-3 to state final four with those teams having 1-3 loses against each other. The MAC has 3divisions in their league, best in state in my opinion

14U
S

Post by 14U »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am
S281 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 am Food for thought

Burgs 4 best wins this year according to the Nov. 19th rankings.
1st JM ranked 7th
2nd Columbus Academy 14th
3rd Portsmouth 16th
4th Bishop Ready 29th

Madison’s 4 best wins
1st Anna 6th
2nd CHCA 10th
3rd WJ 15th
4th Carlisle 25th

All 4 better for Madison. Maybe the computers are wrong. Maybe Burgs 4 are great and Madison’s all over rated. Maybe.

Burgs run defense has allowed more yards than Madison’s. 3 playoff games , ANNA 72, CHCA 25 , WJ 23 yards. For the entire game. Not a single run, quarter or half. Game. Total of 120 over 3 playoff games. These are not push over teams. Food for thought. We all know defense and running the football wins championships.............
Nice post and it looks like Madison is for real those stats dont look like cinderalla stats to me. Burg has their work cut out for them and I am wandering how Madisons pass defense looks? This is gonna be an exciting game! GO BURG!

You don’t make it to state semis by not being good! They can’t help who they play because schedules are made years ahead just like Burgs schedule. Who knew those on our schedule would be bad this year?

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

It has been 367 days since the Coshocton loss. Burg Fans were extremely confident before that game and no one has forgotten what happened that night.

Madison is a great team. That is why they are here. They will play with nothing to lose, everything to gain. They will take risks that could payoff big time. First time ever playoff team that no one expected would be there. That's a dangerous combination.

Turnovers and penalties can kill a team.

I know that Burg is preparing in practice harder than ever before for this game. No team is taken lightly at this point.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

S281 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 am Food for thought

Burgs 4 best wins this year according to the Nov. 19th rankings.
1st JM ranked 7th
2nd Columbus Academy 14th
3rd Portsmouth 16th
4th Bishop Ready 29th

Madison’s 4 best wins
1st Anna 6th
2nd CHCA 10th
3rd WJ 15th
4th Carlisle 25th

All 4 better for Madison. Maybe the computers are wrong. Maybe Burgs 4 are great and Madison’s all over rated. Maybe.

Burgs run defense has allowed more yards than Madison’s. 3 playoff games , ANNA 72, CHCA 25 , WJ 23 yards. For the entire game. Not a single run, quarter or half. Game. Total of 120 over 3 playoff games. These are not push over teams. Food for thought. We all know defense and running the football wins championships.............
You mean a snack for thought. Now here is a full plate for Madison.. how many passing yards have they given up? Burg played 3 run dominate teams.. Madison didnt..
I watched Anna play coldwater. They are overrated.. their defense was as soft as butter. Sad when WJ was the second best team in the region.. I said it earlier this year that region 20 was the worst region in d5.. guess we will se Friday...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am
fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 am I really wish sometimes burg fans would just quit making all the running clock predictions. I’m not talking specifically about this game but the entire season. It just doesn’t look good. Burg will show up, play hard and the best team on Friday night will be playing in Canton for a State Championship. Good luck GO BURG
Amen. Most of the people around southern Ohio will stand behind the local teams but really get rubbed the wrong way when some people from Burg pound their chests with these running clock predictions.

You have a good football program. We get that. Good luck.
These two posts. Lol. Who cares if someone says running clock? If you want to be salty about it, call Ohsaa about the dumbest rule in the history of sports. Like you guys would respect burg if fans said we will beat you by 29. Lol

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm
fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 am I really wish sometimes burg fans would just quit making all the running clock predictions. I’m not talking specifically about this game but the entire season. It just doesn’t look good. Burg will show up, play hard and the best team on Friday night will be playing in Canton for a State Championship. Good luck GO BURG
Amen. Most of the people around southern Ohio will stand behind the local teams but really get rubbed the wrong way when some people from Burg pound their chests with these running clock predictions.

These two posts. Lol. Who cares if someone says running clock? If you want to be salty about it, call Ohsaa about the dumbest rule in the history of sports. Like you guys would respect burg if fans said we will beat you by 29. Lol
I’m a burg fan and I recognize some of the posters above that agreed with me as burg fans as well. So this isn’t outsiders making these comments

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m glad you’re a burgfan but seriously who cares? You saying a man can’t give the opinion? If a guy believes they will blow a team out, let him say so. You don’t have to agree but painting that person as some sort of an arrogant punk is a stretch.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm I’m glad you’re a burgfan but seriously who cares? You saying a man can’t give the opinion? If a guy believes they will blow a team out, let him say so. You don’t have to agree but painting that person as some sort of an arrogant punk is a stretch.
100% agree!!!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm I’m glad you’re a burgfan but seriously who cares? You saying a man can’t give the opinion? If a guy believes they will blow a team out, let him say so. You don’t have to agree but painting that person as some sort of an arrogant punk is a stretch.
You forget what we say on here is the difference of a win and lose for our teams haha.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Sorry I brought it up guys

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm

I’m a burg fan and I recognize some of the posters above that agreed with me as burg fans as well. So this isn’t outsiders making these comments

I really Do NOT care what people say on this Site... If people (like they have this year predict that their will be a running clock) and the games turned out to be close or no running clocks , that would be called being ignorant , not knowing football... However that is not the case.. 11 of 13 games were by running clock and the other 2 were close of being the same ... When Burg played Cold water a couple years ago I felt like that game would be a running clock on the Burg, and it was...

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Never painted anyone as an arrogant punk by the way

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Cautious optimism folks...Every media "Expert" on 6 web sites I've read has Burg winning by 10-29 points. Yeah, I have my hotel room for next week. But.....cautious optimism though. That's why they play the game.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I'm looking at the Madison schedule. Not sure I've ever seen a Final 4 team lose to a 1-9 team by 2 touchdowns. Looks like they played four 1-9 teams this year and gave up 13 and 14 points to two others of them. I do see that they played two teams with winning records during the season and lost one of those 32-7.

Madison must have started playing better sometime during the year to get to where they are. Can't wait til Friday!

GO BURG!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Tough to predict. Each regional final game was a blowout. Don’t generally see that. But Burg wins in all 4 facets of the game...offense, defense, special teams and fan attendance. Hope Burg gets the Home side.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm I'm looking at the Madison schedule. Not sure I've ever seen a Final 4 team lose to a 1-9 team by 2 touchdowns. Looks like they played four 1-9 teams this year and gave up 13 and 14 points to two others of them. I do see that they played two teams with winning records during the season and lost one of those 32-7.

Madison must have started playing better sometime during the year to get to where they are. Can't wait til Friday!

GO BURG!

Agree with this totally. I was looking last night at Madison and their regular season and there is nothing in it that would lead anyone to predict they would come out of Region 20. Nothing.

Which leads me to two conclusions.

1) Madison found their stride and have turned into a free and easy --- house money --- scary team.

Or.

2). Region 20 was bad. --- they did have the only 1 seed to go down in Week 11.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES FRIDAY NIGHT FROM HERE IN THE BAITCAVE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think it’s a mixture of both. I think they have bought into what the coaches are teaching and region 20 was just bad. When Anna’s qb got hurt early in the season that region took a turn for the worse.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 pm GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES FRIDAY NIGHT FROM HERE IN THE BAITCAVE.
Sound scary! Can I call you master bait? Lol jkjkjk

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 pm GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES FRIDAY NIGHT FROM HERE IN THE BAITCAVE.
Btw we will be playing pretty close to where you live! Might as well put your pirates shirt on and come!!

Return to “Football”