Top 7th Grade Players

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Re: Top 7th Grade Players

Post by Voice of Reason »

The Valley 7th grade group has played West and South Webster this week and won both games by close to 20. That group has 5 to 8 kids that can play. I was able to attend the West game last night, didn't see SW, but Valley has 2 kids that gave the Sanderlin kid a hard time, and he can really play. Valley was executing at a very high level for a Jr High group.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Voice of Reason wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 am The Valley 7th grade group has played West and South Webster this week and won both games by close to 20. That group has 5 to 8 kids that can play. I was able to attend the West game last night, didn't see SW, but Valley has 2 kids that gave the Sanderlin kid a hard time, and he can really play. Valley was executing at a very high level for a Jr High group.
Valley plays at Waverly tonight. should be a good one. (at least I hope)

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Question?
When people say Valley in these posts are you talking River Valley? or Lucasville Valley? Teays Valley?
When people say West? are you talking Portsmouth West? or Northwest?

You control that.
Bengalsrule
Waterboy

Post by Bengalsrule »

valley is lucasville valley and west is portsmouth west

JonWudden
Waterboy

Post by JonWudden »

Lucasville Valley and Portsmouth West

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Bengalsrule wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 pm valley is lucasville valley and west is portsmouth west
Thank you, I was so confused there.

You control that.
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Is Trace, Zane Trace? or Miami Trace?

You control that.
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Voice of Reason wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 am The Valley 7th grade group has played West and South Webster this week and won both games by close to 20. That group has 5 to 8 kids that can play. I was able to attend the West game last night, didn't see SW, but Valley has 2 kids that gave the Sanderlin kid a hard time, and he can really play. Valley was executing at a very high level for a Jr High group.
Well Valley got us in the 7th grade last night.
IMO they have 3 really nice kids #20,#21,#23 I can't remember their names. Those 3 last night really shined. Really their starters really worked together. Plays were ran well and they converted. Very well coached.
Waverly missed a bunch of layups.
Waverly 35
Valley 45

Waverly 8th grade won big.

You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Valley 7th grade group is the best I have been around. We were a grade up on them before we combined our two travel teams and I think they beat us every time but one. A bunch of kids that seem to naturally get it. Move the ball well and play great together

Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Portsmouth West 60 South Webster 29
Portsmouth West 7th really put it on South Webster Thursday night. The big Collins kid really played hard must have had at least 14-16 points but fouled out midway through 4th quarter. The Lower kid from SW who usually scores big was somewhat held down by an aggressive fast West kid I think his name is Harper. That big kid from West Sanderline really played a fast, power game. Don't know how many scored but a bunch and lights out on defense. This is a kid to watch and it looks like a West valley showdown could be intense.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohiosports22 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:07 pm Portsmouth West 60 South Webster 29
Portsmouth West 7th really put it on South Webster Thursday night. The big Collins kid really played hard must have had at least 14-16 points but fouled out midway through 4th quarter. The Lower kid from SW who usually scores big was somewhat held down by an aggressive fast West kid I think his name is Harper. That big kid from West Sanderline really played a fast, power game. Don't know how many scored but a bunch and lights out on defense. This is a kid to watch and it looks like a West valley showdown could be intense.
I thought it said above that Valley already beat West by nearly 20?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Could not have been more impressed with Valley's 7th grade. All five starters were very good. Boy did they look the part too. Seemed like all five were quick, fast and could shoot the ball from anywhere. Heck of a team.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

toast wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm Could not have been more impressed with Valley's 7th grade. All five starters were very good. Boy did they look the part too. Seemed like all five were quick, fast and could shoot the ball from anywhere. Heck of a team.
Agreed. If there is a better 7th grade team then Valley overall boy I can’t wait to see them. I still think our 7th grade team is in the mix.

You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TIGER#27 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm
toast wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm Could not have been more impressed with Valley's 7th grade. All five starters were very good. Boy did they look the part too. Seemed like all five were quick, fast and could shoot the ball from anywhere. Heck of a team.
Agreed. If there is a better 7th grade team then Valley overall boy I can’t wait to see them. I still think our 7th grade team is in the mix.
Whiteoak has a very athletic 7th grade team. Two stud athletes and all the parts around them. Probably not Valley good but very good with a high ceiling.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Ohiosports22 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:07 pm Portsmouth West 60 South Webster 29
As Ironman said, Valley handled West by 20+ in the first matchup. The second matchup, or even third in the county tournament, could be closer or go West's way, especially with a kid the caliber of Sanderlin... But, I saw the Valley-West game and while Valley didn't have a single kid that is at Sanderlin's level, they have a starting 5 that are all exceptional players. Valley had the ability to throw 3 kids of equal athleticism at Sanderlin and forced him into a tough night. Valley's execution that night was extremely advanced for a 7th grade team.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 pm
As Ironman said, Valley handled West by 20+ in the first matchup. The second matchup, or even third in the county tournament, could be closer or go West's way, especially with a kid the caliber of Sanderlin... But, I saw the Valley-West game and while Valley didn't have a single kid that is at Sanderlin's level, they have a starting 5 that are all exceptional players. Valley had the ability to throw 3 kids of equal athleticism at Sanderlin and forced him into a tough night. Valley's execution that night was extremely advanced for a 7th grade team.
West definitely didn't play well and alot of that credit goes to Valley. West is running the high school system with man to man and is still basically meshing 2 teams from last year together. Good young coach who is still learning what the boys can do. Made some good changes for South Webster and the boys played alot better. Hopefully they continue to improve and have a better contest with Valley in a few weeks.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 pm
Yes Valley's execution was very, very good against Waverly also.

You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington CH has a good 6’1 player. Huge 7th grade team....they are pretty good. Biggest 7th grade team I’ve seen. I’d guess 5 kids at 5’10+

Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Wheelersburg comes to West tomorrow should be a fun match up.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:53 pm Washington CH has a good 6’1 player. Huge 7th grade team....they are pretty good. Biggest 7th grade team I’ve seen. I’d guess 5 kids at 5’10+
Yes he's a pretty good player Tanner Lemaster is his name. Uses both hands very well around the basket.
I know a lot of the 7th and 8th graders as I coached them in baseball and against them in basketball. The 7th grade are very big and lack good guard play. The 8th grade have the guards but not much Big's, when these 2 groups of kids meet in high school I can see them being very good.

You control that.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”