New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Re: New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Post by Jeeps22 »

I'll ask again what kid is not from New Boston.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 am I'll ask again what kid is not from New Boston.
Mead, and Sexton hasn't been for a few years. The question you should be worried about is the information js7 posted below, because I've heard the same thing.
js7_22 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am We'll see how his text messages to kids from other schools attempting to get them to come to NB to play basketball pans out... just saying. And please, do not tell me it isn't true, get your facts/information straight.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 am
Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 am I'll ask again what kid is not from New Boston.
Mead, and Sexton hasn't been for a few years. The question you should be worried about is the information js7 posted below, because I've heard the same thing.
js7_22 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am We'll see how his text messages to kids from other schools attempting to get them to come to NB to play basketball pans out... just saying. And please, do not tell me it isn't true, get your facts/information straight.
Like I said I know most of the facts, but let's not forget that this is a 15 year old kid that loves the game. That is being held out for going back to his home school in which district he lives in is very sad.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am
Like I said I know most of the facts, but let's not forget that this is a 15 year old kid that loves the game. That is being held out for going back to his home school in which district he lives in is very sad.
Be that as it may, the seed was planted in the spring/summer when he was attending another school and Mr. Cox approached him and recruited him as well as other kids enrolled at another school. Word got back to the superintendent and documentation was made. A kid then enrolls a couple months later - looks bad doesn't it? Home school or not, the seed was planted months before so do we blame the KID or the ADULT?

I hate that a kid is sitting out, I really do because I'm not sure the kid is at fault here. But, I do applaud the OHSAA for actually looking into the matter considering there ARE rules against recruiting and typically all we hear is kids moving freely and nothing ever comes of it. Rules are rules, and sometimes it's good for the law makers (OHSAA in this case) to look into a matter. But for the kids sake, I do wish they'd make a judgment on the issue ASAP so the kid can begin playing.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Adam is a good coach. If he's texting other kids from other schools that is really stupid.

But some of the things I've seen in the last few weeks, one would be pretty naive to think this doesn't happen. I know paperwork was filed on another county school this week

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Westfan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:00 am Adam is a good coach. If he's texting other kids from other schools that is really stupid.

But some of the things I've seen in the last few weeks, one would be pretty naive to think this doesn't happen. I know paperwork was filed on another county school this week
Do tell! Is the paperwork related to this issue? Or another school for recruiting?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Another school. Other kids.

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Kids recruit kids not coaches, but to each their own if adults can sleep at night knowing they hurt a kid is very sad to me.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am
Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am

Be that as it may, the seed was planted in the spring/summer when he was attending another school and Mr. Cox approached him and recruited him as well as other kids enrolled at another school. Word got back to the superintendent and documentation was made. A kid then enrolls a couple months later - looks bad doesn't it? Home school or not, the seed was planted months before so do we blame the KID or the ADULT?

I hate that a kid is sitting out, I really do because I'm not sure the kid is at fault here. But, I do applaud the OHSAA for actually looking into the matter considering there ARE rules against recruiting and typically all we hear is kids moving freely and nothing ever comes of it. Rules are rules, and sometimes it's good for the law makers (OHSAA in this case) to look into a matter. But for the kids sake, I do wish they'd make a judgment on the issue ASAP so the kid can begin playing.
What I don't understand is if the OHSAA is investigating a kid for possible recruiting, how is just the player sitting out. Why wouldn't they put the coach on leave until the matter is resolved?

captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

I do agree with you Westfan.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

That’s exactly what I’ve always wondered Westfan. That seems to be the part that makes no sense whatsoever.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 am Kids recruit kids not coaches, but to each their own if adults can sleep at night knowing they hurt a kid is very sad to me.
Saying kids recruit but coaches don't is a stretch come on you know that isn't true!!!!

But I do agree with the other part if the adult here Mr Cox did recruit and it cost this kid his eligibility then absolutely yes he should have trouble sleeping at night.

Mash Potato
Waterboy

Post by Mash Potato »

I feel like every school in the county has filed a complaint about this coach

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm I feel like every school in the county has filed a complaint about this coach
Might be cause they are afraid of what he may build there.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

If u aint cheating you aint trying

Mash Potato
Waterboy

Post by Mash Potato »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm I feel like every school in the county has filed a complaint about this coach
No, bc he's done things illegally

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm
the problem is he could do it at the biddy ball level where there was no repercussions but now he's dealing with people (coaches + admin) who are a lot smarter than him and aint gonna allow it! I do think he brings energy back to NB that's good, they've needed that for years. And they returned everyone from last year + Mead + Truitt so success of some sort was inevitable. But, if he truly did recruit this kid and/or others, and a kid loses his eligibility for it, then its an absolute shame the kid gets punished for an adult's action

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by seopcommenter »

dont punish kid for adult actions

joan of ark wouldnt have been burnt at the steak if they had look at the real isshoe and that was charlimaign

this kid is the motern day joan of ark in my opinon

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

JEEPNATION wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm
Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm

the problem is he could do it at the biddy ball level where there was no repercussions but now he's dealing with people (coaches + admin) who are a lot smarter than him and aint gonna allow it! I do think he brings energy back to NB that's good, they've needed that for years. And they returned everyone from last year + Mead + Truitt so success of some sort was inevitable. But, if he truly did recruit this kid and/or others, and a kid loses his eligibility for it, then its an absolute shame the kid gets punished for an adult's action
So are you saying he recruited for South Webster all those years he was out there. That's why the girls program is were it's at? Cause that's the only place I know where he coached at in biddy ball.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by seopcommenter »

sounds like manfred man wrote his most famous song about the storm of buckeyes

u our rapped like duece for sure

Return to “Boys Basketball”