2018 Portsmouth Trojans Football Outlook

trojan_85
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth Football Coach

Post by trojan_85 »

your HEAD COACH is only as good as the coaches you surround him with and with the assistants we have it doesn"t matter who you hire .

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

football guy needed

must beelive in the three i's

intentsity
integrety
Hindsight

only then will the spartans become grate again

Prime Time
All State

Re: Who will take over in Portsmouth

Post by Prime Time »

Wow, does Portsmouth have a big booster base, if so what if revenue shrivels up more. This all trickles down in the big pictures of all athlete sports. Sounds like they really have no concern for different ideas and we’re going to do what we want attitude. Is attraction of students a priority or losing students gradually. Nelsonville got it right and paying huge dividends.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Here’s a humorous thought. Wheelersburg Pirates battle cry was Reach Higher, what is Portsmouth’mine in this situation would be. Reach Lower. Anyone else

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

How is one of the three I’s hindsight?

Smdh

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm football guy needed

intentsity
integrety
Hindsight

Dude you really need to utilize spell check. Lol

FSUfanforlife
Waterboy

Post by FSUfanforlife »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm I was told he resigned yesterday. Alot of rumors flying about certain kids moving as well. I don't know if thats true or talk. Duncan is a good man. I believe alot of problems were the play calling and that's not him I believe. I'm willing to bet cadogen gets the job. We need a new offense. Qb sneaks do not work. We would of got in at 7-3 last year. Finishing 5-5 was heartbreaking. There was gossip since Kelly came thst we would be 8-2 or 9-1 and the schedule was there to do it. I don't know the solution but offense needs a makeover on plays is a start.
And by the way......QB sneaks do work......West ran a few on you guys this year!!!!! :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm football guy needed

intentsity
integrety
Hindsight

:?: R..I..G..H..T. I guess knowledge isn't needed, Hindsight?? So knowing what happened only after the fact?? :?: This won't do anything but have the school looking for another coach in hindsight.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

If Bruce Kalb is named the head football coach of Portsmouth it's the biggest fail in Trojan history.

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

14U wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:52 am
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 pm Jared Pendleton is son-in-law of Clifford so would have the connections at Portsmouth if he's interested. Doesn't matter who they hire though until they get the lower levels straightened out. Real good numbers and talent but a whole bunch of coaches interested in their own agendas (thus the Trojans/Soldiers split). The new coach should encourage the school to go the Wheelersburg model at pee wee level and getting out of the county pee wee league altogether. Doubt it'd happen though as coaches/parents seem to have pee wee super bowl fever.*

Burg was in the pee wee league as the Outlaws. They just folded a few years back
Wheelersburg outlaws was formed by a bunch of dads for there kids not buy burg football or school they were forced to fold by school

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

trojan_85 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 pm your HEAD COACH is only as good as the coaches you surround him with and with the assistants we have it doesn"t matter who you hire .
That's the best way to put it for sure.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Football fan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:19 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 pm Jared Pendleton is son-in-law of Clifford so would have the connections at Portsmouth if he's interested. Doesn't matter who they hire though until they get the lower levels straightened out. Real good numbers and talent but a whole bunch of coaches interested in their own agendas (thus the Trojans/Soldiers split). The new coach should encourage the school to go the Wheelersburg model at pee wee level and getting out of the county pee wee league altogether. Doubt it'd happen though as coaches/parents seem to have pee wee super bowl fever.*

Burg was in the pee wee league as the Outlaws. They just folded a few years back
Wheelersburg outlaws was formed by a bunch of dads for there kids not buy burg football or school they were forced to fold by school
I didn’t know that they were force to quit. I knew all the super bowl trophies wouldn’t be excepted by the school so local places put them up and passed them around. Yes I knew dads started it and kept it going because it was better to keep them together than going all over the area to join teams. My boy played a few years on it and think it was over soon after. I think the sophomore class this year in high school was the last year. I think it made them stronger playing everywhere but just 4 teams, just my opinion urs might be different, lol. I know for years the boys went to green, east, Portsmouth to play football. Burg has always had great program but that’s due to great coaching, teaching them right, team ball and subbing in younger players for experience for up coming years. Traveling around watching best games in area all teams play same 11 without subbing and their programs show year after year. Remember it’s just my opinion how I see things.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Seems to me, my view is six hours away, there be it, but the best athletes are going to Wheelersburg, rumor has it Parker is headed that way as well. If Portsmouth ever wants to win consistently this needs to stop.Bottom line, the Jimmys and Joes make or break a program.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

trojan_85 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 pm your HEAD COACH is only as good as the coaches you surround him with and with the assistants we have it doesn"t matter who you hire .
Ur right about putting good coaches around a head coach. Ur head coach can only be as good as the position coaches he has

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I think it’s bigger picture than just kids, players, coaches. In my opinion it’s how the towns are these days!! People moving to get away from the bad things happening, shootings, drugs and prostitution. In both towns u have gang members from bigger cities coming in and ur town is getting scary for kids not wantin to play football so they transfer or move out to county schools where all this isn’t happening. Just look how the school size has went down big time for both schools. I don’t see any out of town coach bring his family in this mess, would you? In house is the only coaches you will find to coach in these messed up towns or situation. Portsmouth and Ironton use to be a great town to bring up ur family and watch great football games, not now

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Outlaws was never forced out by the school. No one wanted to take it over so we donated the equipment to the Wheelersburg peewee program . You really should no what you're talking about before you post anything!

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

langra wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Outlaws was never forced out by the school. No one wanted to take it over so we donated the equipment to the Wheelersburg peewee program . You really should no what you're talking about before you post anything!
Know not no. I hated English in school

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

If you think bad things only happen in the city you don't get out much ,even the burg has had their share of drug theiving and even in house problems, there is a law suit against the school right now matter of fact for sweeping bullliing under the rug because it is certain kids that was doing it. .

You can try to paint a pretty picture of any school you want,but stuff happens at all of them.
People move Johnny and jenny because they not like the situation at one school,pull up,you big boy pants and deal with it,don't run from it,ain't no kids around here going pro like most patents think.
The problem ain't the coaching its the raising of these kids by ignorant parents, when you go kids going three maybe four different high schools in their career ,it can't always be coaching

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

dontreply wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:53 pm If you think bad things only happen in the city you don't get out much ,even the burg has had their share of drug theiving and even in house problems, there is a law suit against the school right now matter of fact for sweeping bullliing under the rug because it is certain kids that was doing it. .

You can try to paint a pretty picture of any school you want,but stuff happens at all of them.
People move Johnny and jenny because they not like the situation at one school,pull up,you big boy pants and deal with it,don't run from it,ain't no kids around here going pro like most patents think.
The problem ain't the coaching its the raising of these kids by ignorant parents, when you go kids going three maybe four different high schools in their career ,it can't always be coaching
You obliviously didn't watch any Portsmouth games. Great bunch of kids with talent to win 8-10 games and everyone knows that.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Nut wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 pm
dontreply wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:53 pm If you think bad things only happen in the city you don't get out much ,even the burg has had their share of drug theiving and even in house problems, there is a law suit against the school right now matter of fact for sweeping bullliing under the rug because it is certain kids that was doing it. .

You obliviously didn't watch any Portsmouth games. Great bunch of kids with talent to win 8-10 games and everyone knows that.
I am sorry,I do agree with you on that one,but most kids move for far less reason, I'm just not a fan of open enrollment.

Return to “Football”