2018 SOC2 Football

scott1297
All Conference

Re: SOC-DIVISION 2

Post by scott1297 »

Oak wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:05 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm Isn't like 80% of your starting line-up on the hardwood this year "transfers"? What is even your point? Open enrollment is like complaining that too many people are driving 55MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Swear this makes zero sense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
True. Difference is Oak Hill people don't deny that it's been a huge part of success. If you mention that in a Wheelersburg thread it's deny, deny, deny. If you wanna bring up basketball, 2 out of Wheelersburg's 3 best basketball players have transferred in in the last 1 to 2 years. Without them, Wheelersburg would be struggling.

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Oak wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:05 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:06 pm Isn't like 80% of your starting line-up on the hardwood this year "transfers"? What is even your point? Open enrollment is like complaining that too many people are driving 55MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Swear this makes zero sense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
True. Difference is Oak Hill people don't deny that it's been a huge part of success. If you mention that in a Wheelersburg thread it's deny, deny, deny. If you wanna bring up basketball, 2 out of Wheelersburg's 3 best basketball players have transferred in in the last 1 to 2 years. Without them, Wheelersburg would be struggling.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great conversation :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Thought this thread was about the discussion of the SOC 2 and how it will look next year. Open enrollment is present so why does it matter?? It's like saying private schools recruit, yeah so what it happens get over it. No rule violation.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:15 am Thought this thread was about the discussion of the SOC 2 and how it will look next year. Open enrollment is present so why does it matter?? It's like saying private schools recruit, yeah so what it happens get over it. No rule violation.
It’s an easy way for people to justify why they can’t compete

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah and in some of these situations, a kid who goes to a school that doesn't even offer football is expected to be forced to stay there why?? A parent who would prefer their child given the opportunity get an education from a better school should what?? Live with it?? I can tell you right now and I'm going to single them out but seeing the way East players and fans act on Friday nights would be enough for me not to send me child there. There's different reasons, for everything p-town can't get the proper coaching, green's football is in limbo, East already stated why not to mention lack of funding to go towards educational programs, South Webster, Clay, New Boston no football. This is the reality of teams in the area, like it, love it, hate it, it is what it is and every child and parent has to do what's best for their situation. Knocking a school such as Burg for doing nothing more then providing the open enrollment forms to people is sort of stupid, especially considering each of these schools have.....drum roll, OPEN ENROLLMENT.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In looking at the new schedules, I have two games on my short list of games to attend.
(Won't decide for sure until all of the teams schedules are up)

Game 1 Wheelersburg at Hartley (Have to get the really early to park on the street by the visitors bleachers, so I can keep an eye on my car)

Game 2 Raceland, Ky at West Portsmouth(Would be my first trip to West)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:39 pm In looking at the new schedules, I have two games on my short list of games to attend.

Game 1 Wheelersburg at Hartley (Have to get the really early to park on the street by the visitors bleachers, so I can keep an eye on my car)

Don't sit on the visitor side at West if you do bring EXTRA powerful binoculars. Feel like you're a mile away from the field.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:39 pm In looking at the new schedules, I have two games on my short list of games to attend.

Don't sit on the visitor side at West if you do bring EXTRA powerful binoculars. Feel like you're a mile away from the field.
Thanks for the heads up. I have a friend from West and if he goes to the game, I would be setting on the home side with him.

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

Does anyone know if Lucasville Valley is playing at Raceland, KY on September 14 (week 4) and hosting Fairveiw, KY on September 21 (week 5)?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

jgrlzz wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:12 am UPDATED 1/10/2018

LUCASVILLE VALLEY
24-Aug-18 H PORTSMOUTH
31-Aug-18 H COAL GROVE DAWSON-BRYANT
7-Sep-18 A PIKETON
14-Sep-18
21-Sep-18
28-Sep-18 H WAVERLY
5-Oct-18 A PORTSMOUTH WEST
12-Oct-18 H BELPRE
19-Oct-18 A WHEELERSBURG
26-Oct-18 H MINFORD

MINFORD
24-Aug-18 A IRONTON ROCK HILL
31-Aug-18 H OAK HILL
7-Sep-18 H NELSONVILLE-YORK
14-Sep-18 A MCDERMOTT NORTHWEST
21-Sep-18 A WILLIAMSBURG
28-Sep-18 H PORTSMOUTH WEST
5-Oct-18 A MCARTHUR VINTON COUNTY
12-Oct-18 A WHEELERSBURG
19-Oct-18 H WAVERLY
26-Oct-18 A LUCASVILLE VALLEY

PORTSMOUTH WEST
24-Aug-18 A SOUTH POINT
31-Aug-18 A PORTSMOUTH
7-Sep-18 H COAL GROVE DAWSON-BRYANT
14-Sep-18 H WELLSTON
21-Sep-18 H RACELAND
28-Sep-18 A MINFORD
5-Oct-18 H LUCASVILLE VALLEY
12-Oct-18 A WAVERLY
19-Oct-18
26-Oct-18 H WHEELERSBURG

WAVERLY
24-Aug-18 A PIKETON
31-Aug-18 H CHILLICOTHE ZANE TRACE
7-Sep-18 A CHILLICOTHE UNIOTO
14-Sep-18 H PROCTORVILLE FAIRLAND
21-Sep-18 H NELSONVILLE-YORK
28-Sep-18 A LUCASVILLE VALLEY
5-Oct-18 H WHEELERSBURG
12-Oct-18 H PORTSMOUTH WEST
19-Oct-18 A MINFORD
26-Oct-18

WHEELERSBURG
24-Aug-18 H IRONTON
31-Aug-18 A COLUMBUS BISHOP HARTLEY
7-Sep-18 H HEATH
14-Sep-18 A COLUMBUS BISHOP WATERSON
21-Sep-18 H JACKSON
28-Sep-18 A OAK HILL, OH
5-Oct-18 A WAVERLY
12-Oct-18 H MINFORD
19-Oct-18 H LUCASVILLE VALLEY
26-Oct-18 A PORTSMOUTH WEST
I've heard a few say around pirate country that burg and heath are in talks to get out of the game. I have no clue how true that is

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would want my kid to play for a team that is actually successful then a team that only wins a couple games a season. I love how everyone bitches at our success. If some of these schools actually had descent programs these kids wouldn't leave.

I know this is off the topic but I'm more concerned with the private schools playing public schools in the playoffs. They have no business playin them. If they can legally recruit then so should the public schools

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would want my kid to play for a team that is actually successful then a team that only wins a couple games a season. I love how everyone bitches at our success. If some of these schools actually had descent programs these kids wouldn't leave.

I know this is off the topic but I'm more concerned with the private schools playing public schools in the playoffs. They have no business playin them. If they can legally recruit then so should the public schools
As long as it's been since anyone has posted to this topic seems like you're trying to stir a bit. I mean you're bringing up something that at least on this topic ppl mentioned back around Christmas time. No one is talking about it so I honestly have no idea why you'd even vent for no other reason than to stir and start something.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Apparently Waverly has filled week ten with Logan. Likely an away game.

https://www.logandaily.com/sports/waver ... fcf02.html

Sorry about the pay wall.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Omega wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:52 pm Apparently Waverly has filled week ten with Logan. Likely an away game.

This game will be at Waverly.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:52 pm Apparently Waverly has filled week ten with Logan. Likely an away game.

👍

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm

👍
Logan :o

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I saw a post on Facebook with an image of West's field with turf. If this a sure thing that is going to happen? For the 2018 season?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

I know you will take this the wrong way, but why is Logan playing Waverly? Why did they play Minford last year? Why so many DIV and DV teams? Makes no sense to me.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm

I know you will take this the wrong way, but why is Logan playing Waverly? Why did they play Minford last year? Why so many DIV and DV teams? Makes no sense to me.
Logan has the burden of filling a ten game schedule as an independent, not an easy thing to do without guaranteed conference games. I understand both squads will be in a rebuilding mode so the contest should be competitive. Throw in a brief shared history in the SEOAL, scheduling the game is a no brainer for both schools

Return to “Football”