2018 NFL Draft

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

2018 NFL Draft

Post by dazed&confused »

Because I'm a Browns fan and we have the 1st and 4th pick, I'm kicking off the glass half full season. Who do we take with those picks? Who does your favorite team take? Just kidding, this is a Brown's thread. It's our annual Super Bowl. The factory of sadness needs some hope. :cry:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2018 NFL Draft

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm not a Browns fan, but here's what I would do if I were Cleveland. I would keep Keizer at QB, he really isn't all that bad, there is some promise there. Even if they decide he isn't the guy moving forward, they need to do something in free agency, as drafting QBs in the first round for them has been absolutely terrible.

If I were Cleveland, I would take Bradley Chubb, DE from NC State as first overall. A great pass rusher and edge defender will really make a difference on defense for this team. With the 4th pick, I would go one of two ways, Barkley, RB from Penn State, or go O-Line: Connor Williams. Texas or Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

As a Steelers fan, we could go a number of ways. Does Pittsburgh draft a lockdown defensive back, or do we go with the QB of the future in the 1st round? If we go with a DB, there are a number of guys I like, as long as they are still available when the pick comes up.

I really like the CB Josh Jackson, from Iowa, but I doubt he'll still be available. I also like MJ Stewart of North Carolina, who will surely be available. McShay from ESPN has the Steelers picking Dallas Goedert, the TE from South Dakota State in the first round, but I don't feel like that is the right way to go, Pittsburgh has efficient TE's, and plenty of weapons. Now, if Pittsburgh were to go the route of QB in the first round, the big targets will already be off the board. Luke Falk will be available, who is a similar player to Big Ben, I wouldn't mind picking him up and making him the QB of the future.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Right now just need to wait to see who is available. Who is staying in college. Now the Cards are looking for a QB with Carson Palmer retiring. The Browns having #1 and #4 could be dealing and still get who they want. Kiser never played much in college. Learning real game situations in the NFL. I think he will be more like Jay Cutler. QB with all the skills who can play great in one game and not in another. Kiser was not ready to be a QB and leader of the Browns. Not sold on the young QB's yet. Talent yes but Darnold may decide he needs to stay and play behind an offensive line at USC that is not a patch work line from injuries. Rosen the concussions and party life style is not mature enough for the NFL and wants the big city life.

Browns need to evaluate the players they have as well as the coaches. Evaluate the players in the draft not only for ability to play but for their character. Hope the Browns can do what the Browns did in Draft Day movie.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Im not a browns fan!!! EVEN THOU they need a qb this is not the year...... Take defence and build chubb,fitzpatrick,key,james

if they just have to go offence barkley,ridley would be the choices

For the bengals gotta go oline

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes we do, definitely start there at the oline. we need some younger d-linemen too. we need wr's and a qb. we need o-tackles too, ours are just to big n slow. and we are definitely thin at linebacker. would love to see some buckeyes go to the bengals instead of the steelers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 am yes we do, definitely start there at the oline. we need some younger d-linemen too. we need wr's and a qb. we need o-tackles too, ours are just to big n slow. and we are definitely thin at linebacker. would love to see some buckeyes go to the bengals instead of the steelers.
I'm looking at your list Bait. What doesn't the Bengals need? You'd think THEY went 0-16. :lol:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Browns need decide if young QB will be a better move or to go after a QB Kirk Cousins or even KC QB Alex Smith. And draft a QB with the #4 pick and trade Kiser.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:37 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 am yes we do, definitely start there at the oline. we need some younger d-linemen too. we need wr's and a qb. we need o-tackles too, ours are just to big n slow. and we are definitely thin at linebacker. would love to see some buckeyes go to the bengals instead of the steelers.
I'm looking at your list Bait. What doesn't the Bengals need? You'd think THEY went 0-16. :lol:
we need alot..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:37 am
Much like the Browns they need a new coach and gm above all else, probably doesn't matter much who they get for players.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Not a browns fan, but they should take the O-line man from Oklahoma then with the fourth pick take Barkley to better their running game.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

If the Browns decide that they will not be drafting a QB they need to trade that pick. The tackle will be there after the 4th pick. Since it looks like QB's will be going fast. Maybe 3 or more in the top 10. I do like the pick of the tackle but no need to reach. Must have a good line no matter who the QB is,

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Barkley wont be there for the 4th pick. Browns should take him first overall and then either trade or sign a veteran qb or address it with the 4th overall pick. Colts will take barkley at three if he is there.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

If I'm the Browns I'd probably try to fill the void at QB in FA, looks like Alex Smith will be made available and with ties to the new GM. They already botched the AJ McCarron deal but he could possibly be a FA or make a trade for him. Decide on tape did you see enough of Kizer going forward that would lead to not take a QB now, if they were able to land Smith or McCarron both, McCarron especially, can give you multiple years of service. IF you get a quarterback in FA then I'm going Saquan Barkley at #1 and Minkah Fitzpatrick at #4 unless some trade blows me away either spot. At some point though you've got to make picks. Round #2 I'm looking safety if the value is right or more importantly WR. Now if I can't get the QB in FA or trade then I'm going Darnold or Allen don't be shocked come pro day that Allen doesn't put on a show. Quick release, great mobility, size and strong arm can make all the throws, question that have to figure out is accuracy. I question Rosen's attitude and stature, played at UCLA with not a bunch of talent but let's face neither does the Browns and he was banged up quite a bit. With the #4 pick I'm going Saquan if he's there if not sticking with Fitzpatrick because I don't think there's a WR worthy of #4 pick, I'm still going WR in round #2.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Hue Jackson first owes us a dip in the lake

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Allen did very good in the senior bowl. That was against a defense that was not allowed to blitz. So he could be just like Kizer getting use to being a Pro QB. People are high on these QB's but I am not 100% on any of them. Alex Smith could be a good player but he is on the backside of his career. Cousins maybe the best choice to be successful next season. Compared to rolling the dice with a rookie. Then that changes the way the Browns will look at the draft. If teams really need a QB and willing to pay a high price #1 and or #4 can be traded. Barkley would be a good pickup but still need blockers. Joe Thomas has been getting around on different sports shows. Does he come back if not sure. There are some very good lineman to go in the top 15. As well as some maulers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Will the Browns try to pick up some Free Agent players. Jackson can not be safe with no improvement in wins this season. Still a lot of work to be done before the Browns have to decide on who to pick. Another QB people have not talked about is Super Bowl starting QB Nick Foles. He needs the right offense and like in Philly a good offensive line.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Reports that KC is trading QB Smith to Washington. So that takes 1 QB off the list to go to the Browns. Also makes Cousins in play. Jacksonville said today they are sticking with Bortles but that doesn't mean they won't change their mind.

Return to “Pro Sports”