JH basketball scores

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: JH basketball scores

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

toast wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:27 am ^^^

Very surprised at both the 7th and 8th grade scores from the Valley/Burg games. Wondering if all the teams were at full strength?
All teams were at full strength. Valley’s 7th grade was up 17-3 at halftime but Burg came back down 19-18 at end of third. Valley coach seemed furious with starters so he pulled all of them for about half of the fourth. Even when they came back in, Burg kept momentum to finish with the victory.
As for 8th grade, only one regular starter for Burg started. Their coach wanted to start his bench players then mix in the starters.

All the teams played tough. The refs seemed to let the players play a bit in both games.

Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Waverly 7th 36
West 49

Waverly 8th won big over West

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Very surprised at both the 7th and 8th grade scores from the Valley/Burg games. Wondering if all the teams were at full strength?
All teams were at full strength. Valley’s 7th grade was up 17-3 at halftime but Burg came back down 19-18 at end of third. Valley coach seemed furious with starters so he pulled all of them for about half of the fourth. Even when they came back in, Burg kept momentum to finish with the victory.
As for 8th grade, only one regular starter for Burg started. Their coach wanted to start his bench players then mix in the starters.

All the teams played tough. The refs seemed to let the players play a bit in both games.
Interesting. How do you come back from down 17-3 at half...Wow! Thanks for explaining both games :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:40 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Interesting. How do you come back from down 17-3 at half...Wow! Thanks for explaining both games :)
I’d guess spread it out and gaining first downs while stopping the run attack on defense lol

bear211
Riding the Bench

Post by bear211 »

Jackson 50- Greenfield 40. #3 and #4 was the top scorers for Jackson tonight. #11 was pressured hard by the tigers and forced into a lot of bad situations, but made some late free throws and had a fair share of buckets. #1 and also chipped in on some points. A big 3 on the 1st possession./ As for Greenfield 21 was their scorer. 40 also drilled some shots. Greenfield was on the rebounds all night over Jackson. Great game to both teams! Jackson plays in the FAC title game against the winner or Chillicothe and Hillsboro.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

1st Round South Webster Tournament Boys

8th grade
Wheelersburg 49
Oak Hill 8

South Webster 56
Northwest 25

Symmes Valley 41
West 37

Minford defeated Valley. Not sure of score.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

bear211 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 pm Jackson 50- Greenfield 40. #3 and #4 was the top scorers for Jackson tonight. #11 was pressured hard by the tigers and forced into a lot of bad situations, but made some late free throws and had a fair share of buckets. #1 and also chipped in on some points. A big 3 on the 1st possession./ As for Greenfield 21 was their scorer. 40 also drilled some shots. Greenfield was on the rebounds all night over Jackson. Great game to both teams! Jackson plays in the FAC title game against the winner or Chillicothe and Hillsboro.
I watched Greenfield play earlier this year, they had quite the offense. Jackson have good defensive players to hold them down? I saw them score 62

bear211
Riding the Bench

Post by bear211 »

Yes. Just about all of them played good defense. Also some big boys

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 8th grade boys with a 50-21 win over Patriot Prep at Logan today.
Tigers play Meigs on Tuesday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm Waverly 8th grade boys with a 50-21 win over Patriot Prep at Logan today.
Who did Meigs beat?

That should be a fun and interesting matchup. A lot of great 8th grade players. If one team gets into foul trouble that could be the deciding factor. Last year the refs called everything in the first half when we played Meigs...both teams huge foul trouble and both teams afraid to play defense. Hope your matchup gets a good crew. Both of your teams have that X-factor player amongst the stars...may come down to that player.

I will say I think Waverly is maybe the tougher first time matchup but Meigs has size and strength amuck...and they can play. I won’t be surprised unless it’s a blowout one way or the other.

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

South Webster Tournament

7th Grade Wheelersburg girls win championship

8th Grade South Webster girls win championship

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 pm 1st Round South Webster Tournament Boys

8th grade
Wheelersburg 49
Oak Hill 8

South Webster 56
Northwest 25

Symmes Valley 41
West 37

Symmes valley only by 4 over P. West. Rut row raggy! Good luck with minford. I would like to see that SV win this game but my money is on the falcons. Hopefully a repeat of last years championship game except with Webster hitting the game winning shot at the end of the game.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm Waverly 8th grade boys with a 50-21 win over Patriot Prep at Logan today.
Who did Meigs beat?

That should be a fun and interesting matchup. A lot of great 8th grade players. If one team gets into foul trouble that could be the deciding factor. Last year the refs called everything in the first half when we played Meigs...both teams huge foul trouble and both teams afraid to play defense. Hope your matchup gets a good crew. Both of your teams have that X-factor player amongst the stars...may come down to that player.

I will say I think Waverly is maybe the tougher first time matchup but Meigs has size and strength amuck...and they can play. I won’t be surprised unless it’s a blowout one way or the other.
I have no info on who Meigs beat.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

jeepmadness wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 pm 1st Round South Webster Tournament Boys

8th grade
Wheelersburg 49
Oak Hill 8

South Webster 56
Northwest 25

Symmes Valley 41
West 37

Symmes valley only by 4 over P. West. Rut row raggy! Good luck with minford. I would like to see that SV win this game but my money is on the falcons. Hopefully a repeat of last years championship game except with Webster hitting the game winning shot at the end of the game.
8th grade Semi Finals Monday 2/12:

Symmes Valley vs Minford

Wheelersburg vs South Webster

I think whoever wins the Burg/SW game will go on to win the tournament. They split games in the regular season so it should be a good one. Hopefully Burg triumphs.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

smurray wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Who did Meigs beat?

I believe everyone. They are really good.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Shane Falco wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Who did Meigs beat?

Yes I m aware lol ....I mean in this tournament? Is it at Logan? Did they already play Logan or is Wav vs Meigs a ridiculous semi-final?

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm
Shane Falco wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes I m aware lol ....I mean in this tournament? Is it at Logan? Did they already play Logan or is Wav vs Meigs a ridiculous semi-final?
Sorry! I’m not sure either.

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

I guess there iss a team from columbus in this tournament thats was undefeated also when they drew and they gave them the number 1 seed its kipp columbus.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

panthers77 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:15 pm I guess there iss a team from columbus in this tournament thats was undefeated also when they drew and they gave them the number 1 seed its kipp columbus.
So Logan the #4?

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

I am not sure there were several teams in this tournament meigs beat athens pretty good sat,They both decided to play in this tournament istead of thr tri valley conference tournament in nellsonville.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”