2018 Belpre Eagles Football Outlook

hitman 23
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Football

Post by hitman 23 »

handicapper wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:08 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm Who do they have in mind? Hopefully none of the assistant coaches lol
I'm hearing Curt Shriver name being tossed around
Mike Duval

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

hitman 23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm Who do they have in mind? Hopefully none of the assistant coaches lol
Mike Duval
He’s going to continue to do the 339 Shuffle lol only Fort left if he gets the job.

hitman 23
Waterboy

Post by hitman 23 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 pm
hitman 23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Mike Duval
He’s going to continue to do the 339 Shuffle lol only Fort left if he gets the job.
what other schools has he coached at

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Duval? Why would he come to Belpre at his age? And hitman he has coached at Caldwell for 20 plus years, Warren, South, then back to Caldwell lol.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

For something to do!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If they get Mike Devol that be huge hire for the program.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Are the names mentioned for real or just gossip?!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Is there anything on here but gossip? I mean the ink probably isn’t even dry on the letter of resignation and already we have a list of candidates.....

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
CHS_skins
Waterboy

Post by CHS_skins »

Koondogger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm Belpre don’t want devol

He will just want to get out of playing Trimble just like caldwell is doing
Get out of playing Trimble??? Didn’t know they were scheduled to play. Apparently, based on your other posts, they both have a Week 5 opening next season. I’m not involved with scheduling of games, but I’m sure there are other factors as well, like OVAC schedule.

With that said, I do know Caldwell has been weakening their schedule, which is a total shame. Had a nice series going with Shadyside and dropped it. Definitely not the program we had a couple years back, that entire coaching staff is pretty much gone, including Devol. He has nothing to do with the program either, got ran off early last season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

CHS_skins wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 pm
Koondogger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm Belpre don’t want devol

He will just want to get out of playing Trimble just like caldwell is doing
Get out of playing Trimble??? Didn’t know they were scheduled to play. Apparently, based on your other posts, they both have a Week 5 opening next season. I’m not involved with scheduling of games, but I’m sure there are other factors as well, like OVAC schedule.

With that said, I do know Caldwell has been weakening their schedule, which is a total shame. Had a nice series going with Shadyside and dropped it. Definitely not the program we had a couple years back, that entire coaching staff is pretty much gone, including Devol. He has nothing to do with the program either, got ran off early last season.

It’s the Caldwell coach that doesn’t want to play Trimble.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

username_redacted
Waterboy

Post by username_redacted »

Nothing but good wishes for coach Adams in his retirement from coaching!

Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.

-Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If Leftwhich gets the job and brings in Mike and Erik Waderker that be great for the program.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Isn't he the coach that was suspended a game last season? the article said he knows the kids but here is only about 15 kids left and they didn't have a junior high team. So having someone that was part of the program a good thing? brothers And how would having those two be a good thing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:39 pm Isn't he the coach that was suspended a game last season? the article said he knows the kids but here is only about 15 kids left and they didn't have a junior high team. So having someone that was part of the program a good thing? brothers And how would having those two be a good thing.
Both Waderker brothers know football and have been successful wjem they played. Energy the program needs energy.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Playing and coaching are two different things

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm Playing and coaching are two different things
Those guys know football.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Not surprised Adams resigned. His health isn't very good.I personally want to thank him for his outstanding efforts to advance the program. He was asked to do a lot more than coach a team or return a program to it's past glory. He raised a bunch of money for the facilities in addition to coaching. New lights, updated the home side bleachers with aluminum decking and seats and new bleachers for the visitors side as well. Yes the community helped but he was the leader and brought focus to the projects. He constantly had to find asst coaches and junior high coaches. It was a tough job but I think he did a good job considering all the odds that were stacked against him.

Having said this, I don't think there is anyone on staff that is qualified to be the next head coach. Only Hutchinson should be retained as an asst coach. There are good people there but just because you played football, you like football and you like watching football doesn't make you qualified to coach football to teenagers. Just my opinion. Belpre needs a teacher /coach with prior head coaching experience. They have one person on staff that meets this criteria and I would be surprised if he applies. If he isn't interested then Belpre should actively pursue/approach current head coaches at other schools.

They are accepting applications for the job until February 16th. I would be very surprised if they have a teaching job available. I hope there are several qualified candidates to choose from but I am not holding my breath.

I don't have any input into this. These are just my opinions as a long time supporter of all things BHS and as a former alumni.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Swain paper that Belpre is on a hiring freeze. Will be hard to find a coach that will be there for a while with no teaching job available. I agree with Mr. B, they need a teacher/coach. Maybe a teacher in the area with a football background?!

Return to “Football”