Top 7th Grade Players

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Re: Top 7th Grade Players

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Just because you hold a kid back doesn't mean that kid is "supposed" to be in eighth grade. Yes I am aware Sanderlin was once in the class of 2022 at a young age. When he switched to West his parents held him back to put him with the kids that are his own age in the third grade. You see this everywhere, but that doesn't mean they should be classified as an 8th grader as he is playing kids his own age right now.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

postivepirate wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm
So you’re telling me Sanderlin was never in the 8th grade class of 2022? Bc if you think he wasn’t then you’re the one who is sadly mistaken . He didn’t go to West all of his life ya know . I know you know that, just like the rest of us do. We also know the grade/class he was in before the year he moved to West . Don’t forget , 3 of the 8th grade boys are from other schools that include PORTSMOUTH, (where he came from), West, and Ironton. We know him. And that is not false information. Great kid, and a great athlete. But , That is 100% accurate . I think Sissel was in the class of 2022 too ? But that I could be mistaken. And yes that is the case for Valley as well. You may not know that, but that doesn’t mean it ain’t true . So for u to say it’s false is inaccurate. I know ppl on a personal level that has a child who was once in the class of 2022 at Valley , she and another family held them back. 2 I know for sure .

No one is taking away from them kids. Never once . Like I mentioned before , that is a great class . But facts are facts .
For someone from Wheelersburg, you seem to be really concerned with Valley and West.

First this seems really stupid. Especially with a Wheelersburg fan when they have been known for years to hold kids back with Pre K and Pre 1st. Freshmen Drivers are so commonplace at Wheelersburg that they have their own parking lot. Heck Carmichael turned 19 in August right?

West has no kids from Ironton. Sanderlin is from the West side of Portsmouth closer to West than he is Portsmouth. His parents sent him early. He repeated 4th grade and was eligible for little league baseball last year so he is now in the grade he should be.

No other kids from West that play basketball or football were ever in another grade. This group works really hard on the field and in the classroom and they deserve credit for it. They don’t have success because they are older.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

I saw this West group play several times in Jackson and I was very impressed. No idea how old they are but they are talented. They played good fundamental basketball. They were one of the better teams in the Jackson Summer League 7th or 8th.

postivepirate
Waterboy

Post by postivepirate »

Westfan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:10 pm
postivepirate wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm
So you’re telling me Sanderlin was never in the 8th grade class of 2022? Bc if you think he wasn’t then you’re the one who is sadly mistaken . He didn’t go to West all of his life ya know . I know you know that, just like the rest of us do. We also know the grade/class he was in before the year he moved to West . Don’t forget , 3 of the 8th grade boys are from other schools that include PORTSMOUTH, (where he came from), West, and Ironton. We know him. And that is not false information. Great kid, and a great athlete. But , That is 100% accurate . I think Sissel was in the class of 2022 too ? But that I could be mistaken. And yes that is the case for Valley as well. You may not know that, but that doesn’t mean it ain’t true . So for u to say it’s false is inaccurate. I know ppl on a personal level that has a child who was once in the class of 2022 at Valley , she and another family held them back. 2 I know for sure .

No one is taking away from them kids. Never once . Like I mentioned before , that is a great class . But facts are facts .
For someone from Wheelersburg, you seem to be really concerned with Valley and West.

First this seems really stupid. Especially with a Wheelersburg fan when they have been known for years to hold kids back with Pre K and Pre 1st. Freshmen Drivers are so commonplace at Wheelersburg that they have their own parking lot. Heck Carmichael turned 19 in August right?

West has no kids from Ironton. Sanderlin is from the West side of Portsmouth closer to West than he is Portsmouth. His parents sent him early. He repeated 4th grade and was eligible for little league baseball last year so he is now in the grade he should be.

No other kids from West that play basketball or football were ever in another grade. This group works really hard on the field and in the classroom and they deserve credit for it. They don’t have success because they are older.
Not the slightest bit concerned. I don’t have a 7th grader, I personally don’t care . It was the principle... someone saying they didn’t know where everyone got their information from ,bc it wasn’t correct. I was gonna assure them it was correct . Just as it was for Valley kids . Don’t make others look like they are giving false information and saying it wasn’t accurate .. bc it was . So stating the facts that I KNOW to proof my point was necessary.

And idk where u got someone said something about west having a Ironton kid ... never said that . I said 3 of our 8th graders came from other schools Ironton, Portsmouth and West . And the Portsmouth kid was once in his class. But again no one said anything about the 7th grade having a Ironton kid .

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Westfan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 am Same can be said about this years football and basketball games. Remove ONE kid from west who is physically dominate and almost fully grown and they cant beat half of the SOC. He is being caught by everyone else. Burg 21-0 at half without him and 35-21 final with him in the second half. There is the proof
West put 5 - 7th graders in the second half who hadn't played the first.

The first basketball game Wheelersburg scored 4 points through almost 3 quarters.
i guess we will see if losing ONE kid makes difference .... settle the arguement

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:26 pm
Westfan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 am Same can be said about this years football and basketball games. Remove ONE kid from west who is physically dominate and almost fully grown and they cant beat half of the SOC. He is being caught by everyone else. Burg 21-0 at half without him and 35-21 final with him in the second half. There is the proof
West put 5 - 7th graders in the second half who hadn't played the first.

The first basketball game Wheelersburg scored 4 points through almost 3 quarters.
i guess we will see if losing ONE kid makes difference .... settle the arguement
West also lost the Harper boy also.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”